Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea pig cage needed temporarily please

• 12-10-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,
    This poor little guinea pig was abandoned in Iveagh Gardens park and I collected her, took her to the vet and have found wonderful foster carers for her. The vets I took her to have lent us a cage but its going to be too small for her to stay in long term.
    Just posting here in hopes someone might have an old cage they're not using so she could have some extra space?
    I hope she will make a full recovery and that she can bond with my little guinea pig Cracker Jack who recently lost his little buddy and that they could live together in the future...
    As is sad to see from her picture she is in a bad way with mange at the moment. She is in good hands though and is very friendly and upbeat, I have a feeling that having bigger space to run around in will help her recovery...
    I'm based in Dublin btw!
    Thanks Emma

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Oh, the poor little piggy, I really hope she recovers.
    How about looking for a used dog crate?
    I've seen them used for rabbits indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

thanks Mymo, I do have a dog crate under the stairs from when I was fostering some kittens earlier this year!
    My concerns with it at the moment are that the metal floor will be chilly and the fact that the whole crate is too big to go on the table where the fosterers have the current cage. Also coz the little piggy is quite small at the moment I think she would be able to squeeze through the bars, there are gaps at the bottom where the tray part can slide in and out and this little piggy is very inquisitive!!!
    it's a good suggestion - if we get desperate there are probably ways of modifying the crate so its warmer (with cardboard layers?) and reinforcements but in the meantime I'm just hoping someone might have an old cage in their shed they'd be happy to see being used. I'll ask my local pet shop too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

She's got a new cage :) thanks everyone!! xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jaysus, looks like it had a rough time.
    Fair play for taking it in!

Advertisement