Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fostering HSE Vs Private company

Options
  • 12-10-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just wanted a little advice from anyone who has had experience fostering either through the HSE or a private company- seems that people find better support available from private companies?

I have been really interested in fostering for a few years but wanted to wait until me an my husband had settled in one area as we were moving alot for work previously.
    I'm 25 years old have been married a year to my husband who I have been with for 7 and a half years. I know many private companies require you to be 25 (which I am) but my husband is only 23- will this affect our eligibility to foster?
    I am no longer working full time and have a 4 year old little girl of our own- and really feel now we are in a position to be able to provide a good environment for a child in need.

I just wanted to see how people had found the application process and what age group of foster child they found worked best with their own kids.

Thanks Guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

The Irish Foster Care Association website may be of use too.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

bisset, please refer to the forum charter. Unless you have specific links to threads that the OP could get the information they need from then please do not mention other forums.

Advertisement