Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dv lottery photo requirements

Options
  • 12-10-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a question about the photo requirements for the dv lottery.
    I am hoping to hear from people that have won a Green Card.

I applied a few years ago, and I am going to apply again this year but I am suspicious that I may have made my photo ineligible the last time I applied.

My dad took the photo which I scanned, I then re-sized it with Photoshop to be 600px*600px - It did not look stretched or mangled in any way. I also changed the compression to jpg and I had to drop the quality a bit to get it to < 240KB

It did pass the online validator but I'm a wee bit paranoid it was not right :(

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf page 6

I am just wondering how all of you did it? I am thinking this time around, I will just call into a chemist and give them the requirements, see if they will do it! what do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Did the same as you. Once it passes then I doubt that you have anything to worry about IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Ponster wrote: »
    Did the same as you. Once it passes then I doubt that you have anything to worry about IMO.

Thanks for reply! I think your right, I should be ok, I was just worried cos its a big submission when you only get to do it once a year and you get no feedback or reason.

Anyway, thanks again!

Advertisement