Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could change of broadband be to blame for pages not loading?

Options
  • 12-10-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I changed my broadband to Sky a few days ago and since then I can't access certain pages on the internet. Most are working perfectly well though.

The main problem is that I can't switch from my FB personal page to my business page. It just hangs and won't load.

I initially thought it was a FB issue but now random other sites are doing the same thing.

I use firefox as my browser. Any idea where I should start to trouble shoot? I really need to access my business page this weekend!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Firstly, try powering off the SKY hub for a few minutes and then starting it up again. I'm on SKY and have no such problems...

I would then suggest running a scan with Malwarebytes to rule out possible infections.

You could then use the info at the following link to use your old router with sky (basically, information about how to extract your username/password from your sky hub) Extracting SKY info from router

P*S* Read the disclaimers, sky wont give you support if using any router other than their one...

You could also try the Broadband forum here...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mis_max

Thank you! I'm running the scan at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's not a malware issue, only occurred when broadband provider changed.

OP how do you connect to the hub (LAN or Wi-Fi).
    Who was your last provider?
    Do you manually assign your DNS server settings in Network Connections?
    What browser are you using for the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

change your DNS settings

try Googles

Primary 8.8.8.8
    secondary 4.4.4.4

then run a cmd prompt and flush your DNS

ipconfig /flushdns

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

kingtiger wrote: »
    change your DNS settings

try Googles

Primary 8.8.8.8
    secondary 4.4.4.4

then run a cmd prompt and flush your DNS

ipconfig /flushdns

Secondary should be 8.8.4.4
    I would try changing DNS first as well to at least rule that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Mis_max

Thanks so much for the replies - sorry that the technical ones about DNS go over my head!

I think I have narrowed it down to a browser issue as I can access the pages in internet explorer that won't load in Firefox.

Does this help to narrow it down at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Mis_max wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the replies - sorry that the technical ones about DNS go over my head!

I think I have narrowed it down to a browser issue as I can access the pages in internet explorer that won't load in Firefox.

Does this help to narrow it down at all?
    Yes, most likely it's just an addon / extension causing the issue. You can run Firefox in Safe Mode to see if the issues remains.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

If it's all good after that, disable any unused or unknown addons that are causing the issues.

Advertisement