Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simon xt beeping problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most of the suppliers would sell generic GSM units that would do this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

Thanks KoolKid - do you recommend anybody around Dublin who could sell me a GSM unit for the XT?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers would have generic GSM diallers that would work with this panel.

I am trying to Google Simon XT suppliers but I'm coming up dry ..... can you name any off the top of your head?

You wont get one for that panel. Just look for a generic GSM dialler.
    Any of the suppliers in the sticky will have them.

• Advertisement

I bought a Simon XT board in the US with a CDMA board that's 'hardwired" to a "Alarm.Com" central station (no slot for a SIM socket). So I can't use it here. When I go into the "Systems" menu, I see a selection where it will try to do a CDMA search for the central monitoring station. Of course, it doesn't find it, since it's probably searching using CDMA, for the US "Alarm.com" monitoring station.
    So I bought a new? GSM board from a Dublin-based contractor yesterday, installed it into the Simon XT box, but the sub menu (Under Systems/Sensors/Download) that was available for the CDMA board no longer appears when I have the GSM board installed. The box just doesn't seem to see it.
    Is there any reason why an Irish-based GSM board would not work in the US Simon XT box? Could it be a faulty GSM board?

Advertisement