Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

critique my website please

Options
  • 12-10-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

http://mxvaleting.com/

i had a nice slideshow going but i updated and its gone and not compatible with the update

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Not a fan of the red on dark grey colour combination for the header. There's something almost unnerving about it.

On the Car Valeting I'd left align the list of package options. This works much better for readability as the eye catches the start of text lines better. Prices are up front = good.

About Us: http://mxvaleting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/car-valeting-unit-2.png is missing for me.

The Gallery might perform better if the stories could be made more distinctive. Maybe adding a heading for each story could this. Also some of the stories have a lot of images. Try to limit the number to 25ish or less as users lose attention around this number of photos.

You have no form on the contact page. There is one on the FAQ page but it woul dbe better on the contact page. Change your email to an something@mxvaleting.com which looks much better than the gmail.com one.

Consider getting some happy client stories, endorsements, feedback, testimonials; whatever you want to call them.

There are copy mistakes all over the place. Check every page and image captions for spelling, grammar and punctuation. Even better is to get someone else to do this.

The meta keywords tag is usually ignored by search engines. Last time I checked though, Bing will penalise for keyword spamming it, which you are doing. I count 17 instances of valet/valeting which Bing could well penalise. 3 instances max of any word and its variants only.

hth/gl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Don't like the red headers or textured background, some quick edits done with Firebug:

Headers - color: #555555; (extracted from banner colour)
    Body - background-color: #F3F3F3;
    Content boxes - border: 1px solid #D4D4D4;

Advertisement