Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue, VAT claim.

• 12-10-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,
    In 2010 i had a vat refund of 15,000 which was over due for 3 years.
    Reason i was sick and no longer was able to work as self-employed.

I had a meeting with a Revenue Staff Officer in 2010 and i signed papers to the value of 15000 to be paid.

In early 2011 i phoned the Revenue Staff Officer and was told he was out on sick leave and i would be conntacted later.

In April 2011 when i phoned i was enformed that the Revenue Staff Officer i was dealing with had left, and after several phone calls later i was asked to send in information of my sick status.
    In late Apirl i sent in the requsted data, but when i phoned i was told no imformation was recived.

After more useless phone calls and one phone call when i asked about my claim the person mocked me and said get lost.

I then recived a letter stating as i had not signed a return in 4 years and not owed 15000.

Any help please.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seek the assistance of a solicitor or accountant to liase with revenue on your behalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

If you are self employed do you submit your end of year accounts yourself or do you have an accountant?
    If you have an accountant why did they not file the VAT3 returns on your behalf in 2010?
    If you don't have an accountant get one!
    Did you file your VAT3's for 2010,2011,2012,2013?

I smell a rat :rolleyes: when I was self employed in 2009 i was sick and confined to the house (on bed rest for 6+ months) and when i phoned revenue to file nil returns for the period a lovely lady from revenue called to the house to get me to sign returns in paper so that a refund I was due from Jan-Feb of that year would be paid to me

Advertisement