Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who 50th Anniv on Watch ch 109 Weekends

Options
  • 13-10-2013 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

To mark the Doctors 50th anniversary, Watch are showing programmes up until the anniversary on Nov 23, as i only happen to see it in the sky epg earlier on as it started today (Sat) continues every Sat & Sun on Watch.

Time - 12:00 to 13:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Sunday 13th October on Watch

The Companions.
    Fascinating look at the Doctor's newest companion Clara and her predecessors as they tell us how the show has affected their lives.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, 5 Star)
    Doctor Who Explained
    (Documentary)

Time - 13:00 to 14:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Sunday 13th October on Watch HD

Fascinating in depth documentary which takes a closer look at everything you need to know about the Doctor, providing information from key members of the cast and crew.
    (Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles)
    Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited - Sunday 13th October, 2pm
    Special documentary taking a look at the qualities which Patrick Troughton brought to the character of the Doctor.
    (Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles, 5 Star)

Doctor Who: Tomb of the Cybermen, Sunday 13th October, 2.30pm
    The TARDIS arrives on the planet Telos where an Earth archaeological expedition, led by Professor Parry, is attempting to uncover the lost tombs of the Cybermen. With a lot of help from the Doctor the archaeologists enter the tombs. There, one of the party, Klieg, reveals himself and his business partner, Kaftan, to be planning to revive the Cybermen.
    Stars: Patrick Troughton, Fraser Hines, Deborah Watling
    First TX: 2nd September, 1967
    Coincidentally some episodes with Frazer Hines (way before my time!) were found recently in South America afaik.

http://watch.uktv.co.uk/shows/doctor-who/

Doctor Who the doctors revisited: & more info here

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Well i really enjoyed the first two programmes, as i remember some companions, but not all of them & to realise that Sarah Jane was a companion to John Pertwee as didnt she have her own series on CBBC? & was in Torchwood, i only saw a few ep of that show.

Found out in Doctor Who explained, that it was Dimension & not Distance in which i always thought in TARDIS, & who mentioned it first.
    How a 1950's UK phone box was used as a cover for the Tardis etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

If anyone missed the Doctors Revisited they're repeated from
    Mon 11th @ 2.30 with the Second Doctor to Fri 15th -Sixth Doctor, the previous show rpt @ 2pm each day & subsequent ep from that Doctor Who season @3pm also.

Advertisement