Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you are with meteor can you buy a new phone and keep your number again?

Options
  • 28-11-2004 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I have bought a nokia 3100 from meteor for 89 and got 80 credit. I kept my 087 number. When the credit runs out can I buy another meteor phone and keep my old number again? I am not talking about upgrading since I think you have to spend a good bit before they let you. This way you get phones for €9 and 80 credit. You could sell on the phone and keep whatever free gift is available at the time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i think meteor lock there phones to the network - not the sim card
    so you probably could keep the same number.
    the problem is that since the credit is already on the new sim card you cant put it onto your old number,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Chalk wrote:
    i think meteor lock there phones to the network - not the sim card
    so you probably could keep the same number.
    the problem is that since the credit is already on the new sim card you cant put it onto your old number,

Not 100% sure what you mean.
    I bought a meteor say 085 6666666
    rang from my 087 8888888 and said I want to transfer my number and have just bought a meteor 085 6666666

now I have a meteor phone whose number is 087 8888888 with 80 credit. when this is all used up can i buy another meteor say 085 4444444. then ring from my (meteor) 087 8888888 and said I want to transfer my number. This way I keep my number all the time and keep getting the credit and can unlock and flog the old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

you could try but i doubt there thick enough to not notice that your number is allready on meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nope that won't work. You can only port onto Meteor if you're not already on it. You'd have to buy a e10 o2 sim pack and move onto o2 for a day then move back to meteor. That way you should then be able to get your e80 call credit.

If I buy the O2 simpack can I change the new 086 number to my first original 087 8888888 number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes, but you'd have to go to an o2 dealer to move onto o2, not like with meteor where you just did it yourself. But it's easy enough to do. You should hopefully just be able to change back over to meteor a day or two later. Remember though that if you have the meteor free text offer and you port off meteor, you won't be able to get them again when you return.

Cheers. So I could just use up the €10 O2 credit and it will have costed me nothing. Or buy a complete O2 phone with 70 credit, unlock it and sell it.

Advertisement