Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

godchild

Options
  • 13-10-2013 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, this may sound like a weird question but my goddaughter is making her confirmation next year and I'm just wondering what does a godmother get for her?? Like is it my duty to get her a special chain/watch or whatever,, don't want to do the wrong thing, an want to get her something really nice.
    Thanks all

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no there is no specific duty to get her something particular but a present is much nicer then cash.
    Maybe you could ask her or bring her shopping with you? or ask her paents is there something that she would really like?
    I love the idea of a nice watch or chain though.

• Administrators Posts: 14,042 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Why not ask her parents. My Godson made his last year and I bought him a watch. It sort of a "thing" I do with Godchildren. I buy them something instead of giving cash.

I had asked his mam, and she thought it was a great idea.. and he loved it. He had told her he'd need to get a watch for secondary school.

And for an added bonus, I would have put €50 in an envelope, but instead I bought a watch for €26 ;)

Kids will get so much money that it really doesn't matter if they don't get 50 quid from their Godparent. But they will appreciate something they can keep and show off, and say "I got this off my Godfather". You could even bring them out for the day to pick it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Defo buy her something, a jewellery box, charm braclet and you can add a charm for her 16, 18th 21st etc would be a lovely idea I think. She can add her own charm's aswell and keep it going when she get's married, has kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

usually in my family godmother buys the confirmation medal or a watch and godfather gets the other.

Advertisement