Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 00 flour in Dublin

Options
  • 13-10-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Could anyone tell me if they know where i can source 00 flour in dublin. im living in the lucan area. Our local superquinn store used to do it but havent' seen it there in a while.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

mollybird wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if they know where i can source 00 flour in dublin. im living in the lucan area. Our local superquinn store used to do it but havent' seen it there in a while.

Thanks
    Tesco usually have - except last week when I went looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ive never seen it in tesco i must say. my husband went out to the store in maynooth to see if he could see it with no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

i just bought a 10kg bag in little italy for 12.50 which is a great price.
    I think the roma rubbish is around 4-5 euro for a kilo and is not as good as the stuff I get.

Shop is in dublin 7

Link here , shop opens 6 days a week I think.
    I would highly recommend the flour

http://littleitalyltd.com/products/247

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Phoebas wrote: »
    mollybird wrote: »
    ive never seen it in tesco i must say. my husband went out to the store in maynooth to see if he could see it with no luck :(

I used to get the Roma one in Tesco but haven't seen it for a while. If you're making pizza you can use Odlums Strong Flour, I haven't tried making pasta with it though.

It would take me all year to get through a 10KG bag unfortunately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've never seen Roma flour in Tesco, actually.

Dunnes usually have it, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

My local weird Tesco (might not have tinned tomatoes, always has sheets of nori. That sort of weird) sometimes has this stuff

947%5C5051399365947%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Which I think is just tipo 00 under a nom-de-plume

I can't see it on Tesco.ie though so not sure if they're still stocking it

If you find yourself in Dublin City Centre Fallon & Byrne will definitely have it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Phoebas wrote: »
    Did you ask? I would ask at the info desk or an older woman on the floor.

My tesco has it, but I think its in the world food section, stuff like this is all over the place, they have gram flour in that section too and lots of japanese stuff. I think they have 4-5 sections of nuts in my tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

rubadub wrote: »
    Did you ask? I would ask at the info desk or an older woman on the floor.

My tesco has it, but I think its in the world food section, stuff like this is all over the place, they have gram flour in that section too and lots of japanese stuff. I think they have 4-5 sections of nuts in my tesco.

Nuts and seeds are the worst. Some in the Fruit and Veg Aisle, some in the home baking/wholefoods and some more in the snack aisle.

Most of the wraps are in the bread aisle, except for the Old El Paso and Discovery wraps which are in the ethnic foods aisle with the fajita kits.

Advertisement