Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my questions is how much can you believe

Options
  • 13-10-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I need some logically thinking here because all of mine isgone out the window

I have been through a very bad break up and went looking forsome kind of answers on the situation

I went to 3 different people for readings trying to clear my head most of thereading was spot on but in each of these they told me we would get backtogether I find this so hard to believe as it was a very nasty break up and really not what I would want

So my questions is how much can you believe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sammy78

At the end of the day, psychics can only tell you the possible outcomes of a situation. Nothing is set in stone, if you choose not too get back with your ex then that's entirely up to you, not the psychic or your ex. The control is in your hands!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

What we know for sure is that many "psychics" prey on vulnerable people, and often tell them what they want to hear.

Ask yourself this: how can these people possibly know anything about what the future holds? The only answer is they don't, or magic. Which explanation do you find more logical?

It's really horrible that they all told you you'd get back together. It looks like this is unlikely, and yet they did the most common thing, which is attempting to tell you what you may want to hear.

I would forget about spending $$$ on people who tell you such things and focus on getting your personal life together yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

Gumbi wrote: »
    What we know for sure is that many "psychics" prey on vulnerable people, and often tell them what they want to hear.

Ask yourself this: how can these people possibly know anything about what the future holds? The only answer is they don't, or magic. Which explanation do you find more logical?

It's really horrible that they all told you you'd get back together. It looks like this is unlikely, and yet they did the most common thing, which is attempting to tell you what you may want to hear.

I would forget about spending $$$ on people who tell you such things and focus on getting your personal life together yourself.
    I know you find this hard to get your head around. but this forum is for non skeptics, and you have always been a skeptic but you still post here espically to new posters and you have never stated why you are like that which would be interesting to hear.
    Their are very good psychics out there And the poster was being told something they didnt want to hear as they found it unnerving.
    maybe you should take up quantum physics science .

D.Campbell wrote: »
    I know you find this hard to get your head around. but this forum is for non skeptics, and you have always been a skeptic but you still post here espically to new posters and you have never stated why you are like that which would be interesting to hear.
    Their are very good psychics out there And the poster was being told something they didnt want to hear as they found it unnerving.
    maybe you should take up quantum physics science .

I didn't say all psychics are baloney (though that may be what I believe) due to the fact that this is not the skeptics forum.

The OP is being manipulated, I feel, while in a vulnerable state, and I'm not going to have her told to keep trying out new psychics 'til she finds the "right" one. She is paying people and they are telling her something which she incidentally feels distraught upon hearing.

If you want to discuss my skepticism I would be glad to do so, either in another thread or via PM.

Gumbi wrote: »
    I didn't say all psychics are baloney (though that may be what I believe) due to the fact that this is not the skeptics forum.

The OP is being manipulated, I feel, while in a vulnerable state, and I'm not going to have her told to keep trying out new psychics 'til she finds the "right" one. She is paying people and they are telling her something which she incidentally feels distraught upon hearing.

If you want to discuss my skepticism I would be glad to do so, either in another thread or via PM.
    Yes interesting it may seem but you have said that about all posts and your message is clear dont believe dont believe. all your post say the same thing I dont need to discuss as I am a believer why because I can see things myself do I read other people no do I want to no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Hiya, regardless of anyone's beliefs, it is clear the readings the op is getting are doing more harm than good.
    My advice after a bad break up is to take up something new, a course or a hobby, anything to make it harder to dwell on what's happened.

The readings received have obviously been unhelpful in that they are causing the op more stress and worry. My advice would be to not go for an more readings and look positively I ot the future, not what 'might' happen, but what you can do to make your life better and make you more happy and have less worrys and stress. Hths

dharma200 wrote: »
    Hiya, regardless of anyone's beliefs, it is clear the readings the op is getting are doing more harm than good.
    My advice after a bad break up is to take up something new, a course or a hobby, anything to make it harder to dwell on what's happened.

The readings received have obviously been unhelpful in that they are causing the op more stress and worry. My advice would be to not go for an more readings and look positively I ot the future, not what 'might' happen, but what you can do to make your life better and make you more happy and have less worrys and stress. Hths
    yes that is very true and you should be doing these things in or out of a relationship being with some one shouldn't stop you from developing and if that is the case rethinking the relationship we are all here on a solo journey. but the reader went for a future reading and if certain things are seen should the reader not tell the client its not life or death and you have a choice. When going to a reading I ask before we start no disasters please as I would be in distress and know it would be upsetting. so people should then rethink visiting a reading if they are not ready to hear things, I dont know the circumstances of the poster in question and we are going down another road and off track but I strongly believe that you should reiterate areas of your life you want read otherwise you are leaving yourself open

dharma200 wrote: »

Agreed.

Advertisement