If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new 55 inch smart tv

Options
  • 13-10-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi guys

Purchased a 40" Samsung 6, Blu Ray player and HDD recorder from you 4 years ago. Was very happy with product and your service and now looking to change our other tv.

Looking for a smart tv, preferably 55", good picture quality and high refesh rate, good sound. 3D if possibly but not a dealbreaker.

Just a good all round family tv for watching movies, box sets, netflix etc.

No set budget but would look up €1,000 but preferably less.

Any suggestions...?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys

Purchased a 40" Samsung 6, Blu Ray player and HDD recorder from you 4 years ago. Was very happy with product and your service and now looking to change our other tv.

Looking for a smart tv, preferably 55", good picture quality and high refesh rate, good sound. 3D if possibly but not a dealbreaker.

Just a good all round family tv for watching movies, box sets, netflix etc.

No set budget but would look up €1,000 but preferably less.

Any suggestions...?
    Hi Golden,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

I've got a great option for you, the only thing is it will take you a little bit above your budget.  

It's the Panasonic TXL55ET60.  Fantastic TV with a impressive list of features to go along with it.  Current price on this is €1219.45 and includes a free 5 year guarantee.  

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl55et60b/pana-txl55et60b

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Thanks Chris

A lovely tv but well over what I'd like to spend.

The €1,000 is a limit and would prefer to spend less if possible.....!!

If you have any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Chris

Golden,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately that's as low as we go on 55" at the moment - however we do have the excellent Sharp LC60LE651 at just £999.95 / €1199.99 which is a great price for a branded 60" 3D Smart LED.

If your budget is firm at €1000 I'd probably advise a 'wait and see' approach and see what offers emerge in the Jan sales ( that's assuming of course you have an existing tv and can hang on!)

Thanks again for the posts and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Thanks Chris

Golden,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately that's as low as we go on 55" at the moment - however we do have the excellent Sharp LC60LE651 at just £999.95 / €1199.99 which is a great price for a branded 60" 3D Smart LED.

If your budget is firm at €1000 I'd probably advise a 'wait and see' approach and see what offers emerge in the Jan sales ( that's assuming of course you have an existing tv and can hang on!)

Thanks again for the posts and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John

Was thinking same myself and wait til January as the old tv only gives trouble every so often.

If we went for 47"-50" would that change what's available...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi What are the main differences between the Panny and the sharp, please
    (apart from screen size)

And separate question, does either one have a built in Saorview receiver

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi What are the main differences between the Panny and the sharp, please
    (apart from screen size)

And separate question, does either one have a built in Saorview receiver

Thanks
    Both have MPEG4 Tuners ( however whilst the Sharp will receive Saorview no problem, it's not Saorview Certified) - there are several other technical differences between the sets ( you can check them out comprehensively by doing a compare on the www.richersounds.com website ) however the Panasonic is a 600Hz whilst the Sharp uses 200Hz properitary motion processing the Sharp has an additional HDMI input whilst the Pana has an additional USB input - the Panasonic uses Passive 3D Tech, whilst the sharp uses active - they are the main technical differences, but as you can imagine at different screen sizes and from different manufacturers, there are multiple smaller differences.

Keep me posted if there is anything specific you need checked out,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.