Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City collectors

Options
  • 13-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Glorious cork super men and factional internet women

I assume everyone has noticed the crazy number of collectors / sorta legal muggers in town these days ? does anyone else completely avoid certian shops that they always stand around outside of specialy the likes of easons and dunnes in Patrick street ?.

I know they do a "good service" i suppose but its horrible to walk around any of the streets in the city center if its not a trillion teenage collectors bumming for money its a gaggle of 20 somethings collecting for amenity its gotten kinda out of hand at this stage imho and it has to be hurting city trade.

Am i the only one that finds them incredibly annoying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

bizmark wrote: »
    Glorious cork super men and factional internet women

I assume everyone has noticed the crazy number of collectors / sorta legal muggers in town these days ? does anyone else completely avoid certian shops that they always stand around outside of specialy the likes of easons and dunnes in Patrick street ?.

I know they do a "good service" i suppose but its horrible to walk around any of the streets in the city center if its not a trillion teenage collectors bumming for money its a gaggle of 20 somethings collecting for amenity its gotten kinda out of hand at this stage imho and it has to be hurting city trade.

Am i the only one that finds them incredibly annoying?

Total agree with you find it so annoying concern drives me mad always corners me off when try avoid i know its a good thing they are doing and fair play but would get sick them bugging you cant even walk to shop without them chatting to you and when i say dont want direct debit keep going it only a euro week but when not working all them euros a week add up you know? i find hard avoid them just seem get me all time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not saying that there's anything wrong with with it per se, but people should be aware that most of those friendly people with clipboards who say hello to strangers and try to shake your hand, are on commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Another lot are the lyrcia ? i think phone company those feckers are everywhere as well.

Another lot are the lyrcia ? i think phone company those feckers are everywhere as well.

Is that the lyca mobile thing? i am so sick them trying get me change over stop bugging me get message i dont want change over to them dont seem that great either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Is that the lyca mobile thing? i am so sick them trying get me change over stop bugging me get message i dont want change over to them dont seem that great either

Aye those guys its like a double edged sword you be walking around pretend looking at your fancy smart phone thats impossible to hide thanks to them being the size of a small building now trying to avoid the attention of the bloody concern guys but then run into the lyca guys with the perfect excuse for them to hassle you in your hand.

Its not fair i tell you

• Advertisement

Aye those guys its like a double edged sword you be walking around pretend looking at your fancy smart phone thats impossible to hide thanks to them being the size of a small building now trying to avoid the attention of the bloody concern guys but then run into the lyca guys with the perfect excuse for them to hassle you in your hand.

Its not fair i tell you

Haha i know feeling really do your head in they would, i find so hard to avoid them must thing we made of money in times like this as well i am a student and tell them this but still they go its just a euro week blah blah yes i know that already thanks still dont mean i am able be going direct debit i have like 10 euro in my account now i never use it just dont have money for that stuff do head in . Going be crazy at xmas time as well i say loads different charities out

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Totally agree about the chuggers in Patrick St. As far as I am concerned the people collecting for Concern are the most annoying. Ridiculous gestures etc. I wonder if there is a school of irritating hand gestures that produces these people. Seriously I have stopped giving money to charities that use collecters on commission. Yesterday the city was full of volunteers collecting for the SVP. Nice people doing something for nothing.

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Totally agree about the chuggers in Patrick St. As far as I am concerned the people collecting for Concern are the most annoying. Ridiculous gestures etc. I wonder if there is a school of irritating hand gestures that produces these people. Seriously I have stopped giving money to charities that use collecters on commission. Yesterday the city was full of volunteers collecting for the SVP. Nice people doing something for nothing.

So true i gave some money to SVP like you said nice people working hard for nothing. Sick of Concern really do my head in all the time. Was shocked the amount money on street concern people get. There was job not long ago on Fas website looking for on street fundraisers. 13per hour and 35 hours week no experience for concern wow well able be spending money on people annoying you could be putting that towards better use. Also were looking for door to door concern people again no experience needed and 10 euro per hour up to 17 per hour wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

A new crowd seems to be Paralympic Ireland

No idea what they're shilling, but I've come across them in two places over the last month with the sales men being very aggressive

Had to pass them 4 times on the same day last week, but they got the message after the second time.

Advertisement