Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury switching to uk cocoa mass?

Options
  • 13-10-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Right i'll be straight up and say i'm unsure if cocoa mass is the right term. I tried googling but no joy. I read somewhere that cadburys is switching from the irish recipe/ingredients to the uk one. I tend to find the uk cadbury stuff pretty bland. An example being the dairy milk foil bar vs. the uk ones, uk is pretty dire by comparison.

Anyone know what the story is? will i be subjected to uk chocolate? may as well just shuffle off the mortal coil and be done with it if so!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

ronano wrote: »
    Right i'll be straight up and say i'm unsure if cocoa mass is the right term. I tried googling but no joy. I read somewhere that cadburys is switching from the irish recipe/ingredients to the uk one. I tend to find the uk cadbury stuff pretty bland. An example being the dairy milk foil bar vs. the uk ones, uk is pretty dire by comparison.

Anyone know what the story is? will i be subjected to uk chocolate? may as well just shuffle off the mortal coil and be done with it if so!

i thought most the chocolate on the irish market was the uk stuff....just a handful of irish cadburys bars on the shelves. if you look on the back of the wraper it will give you the address of where the bar was made. the only ones i can think of that are irish is golden crisp and caramello bars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭sudzs

I hadn't had a bar of Irish Dairy Milk for about 6 months but got one the other day and it tasted so different to what I was expecting. It was definitely more like the UK version :(

... flippit! Just read the other Cadbury thread and they have changed to the UK cocoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Most of the dairy milk products here are made in CADBURYS COOLOCK.they have changed the recipe a few months ago,they are now using English cocoa butter and English mass,the taste will be different,as in,not as nice as it once was.

Advertisement