Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: Price Drop after viewing a house

Options
  • 13-10-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    i viewed a house a few weeks ago and the auctioneer said there was an offer on the house and close to selling at 225k, with a bid on it of 222k
    The house was on for 230k.
    I didnt make an offer but now i've noticed the ad has dropped in price to 210.

I am interested but am unsure how to proceed or if i should proceed as i feel like i have been bull$hitted by the auctioneer.
    Any advice or anyone experienced something similar before.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Maybe try and make contact with the owner and make an offer directly to them. Say what has happened with the EA and say that you are interested but not very happy with the antics of the EA.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They might have cancelled their bid, by not paying a deposit. Or they had another bid accepted on a more favourable house. Bottom line is house is now cheaper, so to in with a cheaper bid. And good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

readysetgo wrote: »
    i should proceed as i feel like i have been bull$hitted by the auctioneer.
    I think this is the attitude you should adapt regardless.

Advertisement