Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Manager Login Requirement Rule

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

No
    I voted yes on this, but i've changed my mind.

It's not as if we're being unindated with requests for new managers, so why should we be forcing lads out.
    One guy yesterday came back on thread after a long time away - can't remember the club, but he was involved with final year exams.

I really think this could damage the GW.

_______

Also is there not something that you can only make two changes to the GW rules in a particular season. These two changes have already been decided upon. (SMFA monitoring and Buying from unmanaged clubs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No
    I think it best not too change this for all the points mentioned above. If we had a waiting list of 25 managers then no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think it best not too change this for all the points mentioned above. If we had a waiting list of 25 managers then no prob

Even though the vote is 25-3? It doesn't bother me either way but the poll was pointless in this case

No
    Even though the vote is 25-3? It doesn't bother me either way but the poll was pointless in this case

At the time 3 months ago there was a lot more interest and more lads knocking around. The 80 clubs were full with 4-5 people waiting too take over thats not the case any more so I don't think the poll is valid. Even the fact no one mentioned it for 3 months tells a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

No
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    At the time 3 months ago there was a lot more interest and more lads knocking around. The 80 clubs were full with 4-5 people waiting too take over thats not the case any more so I don't think the poll is valid. Even the fact no one mentioned it for 3 months tells a lot

Fair point about the poll being out-dated, but I'd say the question still remains?

Another poll? Do it for say 2-3 days because obviously if carried it would need implementing before start of next season

• Advertisement

No
    Mac - can you make more than two changes to GW rules in any particular season?

Or am I doting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

No
    Don't know how many you can change, but I think ignoring this vote would set a dangerous precedent.

I would even be against voting again on the matter, but would prefer that to just ignoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

No
    Don't know how many you can change, but I think ignoring this vote would set a dangerous precedent.

I would even be against voting again on the matter, but would prefer that to just ignoring it.

That's the point I made earlier, even though to poll itself might be out dated, its the issue that needs to be resolved, agree with you 100% if we start ignoring polls then it could get dangerous...

It may be an old poll, but don't foget, it WAS set up for a reason

No
    I agree lads that we can't ignore polls, but my vote would be to run this again, for the reasons given above.

Mainly because the situation has fundamentally changed since the poll was run.

No
    How many managers if it came in right now would be sacked?, I am on the phone so can't check.

I remember at the original time it was not many anyways, I posted those findings in another thread at some stage.

I would urge people not to get stuck in the right here right now mode. We had this poll and it was resounding for a reason.

This has become much more enjoyable of late because people have become more active, people have started to be nice and actually grounded with transfer dealings.

This rule change along with the protecting of unmanaged teams will work well together.

As I said I don't think many more than currently happens will be sacked because of it, and there are more ways than ever to login now. No genuine manager is going to lose out inadvertently.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    I don't think it should be changed anymore. Wed lose a dozen managers tomorrow and the league would be dead.

No
    How many managers if it came in right now would be sacked?, I am on the phone so can't check.

067696ebb4720d3ee134fabbcf9d4369.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    Seaneh wrote: »
    I don't think it should be changed anymore. Wed lose a dozen managers tomorrow and the league would be dead.

But sure that dozen aren't logging in, how would them not being there change anything?

No
    It can be changed to 21 days also, not as severe as 14, if we are having another vote maybe we should suggest cutting it by a week instead of 2 weeks as a starting point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    Al Capwned wrote: »

067696ebb4720d3ee134fabbcf9d4369.png

How'd you check that?

No
    Seaneh wrote: »
    How'd you check that?

Game World (globe icon) -> Club List.

No
    if anyone wants too run this again by all means do.. but any changes need too be implemented in the next few days before new season!

No
    I've one ready to go - should we put in three options?
    1. Leave it as it is?
    2. Reduce to 21 days?
    3. Reduce to 14 days?

Thoughts?

Edit - also Mac, when should poll close to allow you to implement any changes?

No
    Done.

Set poll to close after two days - there is a bit of a rush! :)

Advertisement