Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick ways to earn money as a teen?

Options
  • 13-10-2013 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi, Im not sure if this is the right forum but ill give it a shot. Im a 15 year old teen living in the Hartstown/Blanchardstown Area and I need some ways to make money. My only form of transport would be a bike or bus really. I dont get allowance so I cant save that either, Is there anyways that anybody knows of that I can make a quick bit of money? Im particularly computer savvy but none of those surveys things work so thats not really an option. Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You should look into any sort of odd jobs, like babysitting, cutting grass, washing windows, etc.
    You don't specify your gender, but there are loads of things you can do. I babysat from the age of 14, and ended up earning quite a bit from it once my (good!) reputation got around. My nephew is your age, cuts grass in the summer and in the last couple of winters shovelled snow. He also does odd jobs/ maintenance in people's gardens and stuff. Autumn is a great time for offering to rake leaves!
    Just start asking around, ask your neighbours, your parent's friends, etc. The more people who know you are looking for work, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

movieextras.ie

That's how I made my fortune as a teen, those were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I think there's money to be made offering to convert peoples CD collection to digital,for there Mp3 players/Smart phones. Any teen with a laptop could do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

Ah alright, Im male btw, and those are some great ideas! thanks guys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I used to clean my dads office for money and then ended up cleaning the other offices of the small businesses in the building. Could easily do same as a male.

Leaflet drops. Paper drops etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Get a job in Mc Donalds, buy a guitar and become a musician. You'll make way more than you invest throughout your life and it's fun.

Ask for part time work in other places like pubs and you might get free grub if you work there too.

You've taken the first step, well done. So many wasters happy to sit at home and play x box.

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

sin_city wrote: »
    Get a job in Mc Donalds, buy a guitar and become a musician. You'll make way more than you invest throughout your life and it's fun.

Ask for part time work in other places like pubs and you might get free grub if you work there too.

You've taken the first step, well done. So many wasters happy to sit at home and play x box.

Fair play.

Not sure if mcdonalds will hire me :( But the music thing! Thats possible, I have taken guitar lessons before so that will help. I will try that, thank you very much for that suggestion. And there is a pub close by, might try that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 imported corkonian

I am not sure if links to these websites are allowed, if they aren't i can delete them i guess.

There's a few websites that can pay out, but they all require some time and skill, the more skill it requires, the less time of course.

This one takes no skill, it makes me 3 dollars a day, but i've been on it for 4 years now, it takes about 5 minutes every day.
    You could earn more, but that requires more time, which i'm not sure if that's worth it.
    http://www.neobux.com/

This one takes up some time but can earn you quite well, depending on the time and effort you put into it, you basically review music, you listed to a track for 90 seconds, then write your opinion. I do this when ever i feel like listening to some music while i have not much else to do. Gets you between $2- $5 an hour, depending on your reviews.
    http://www.slicethepie.com/

This one can net you a lot of money depending on your abilities, i mainly do translation and illustrations on this one (multiple languages help) but you can find all types of jobs here (some full time). You could earn something in between of $5 for writing a 500 word article, not much effort, to $50+/hour if you're for example a programmer.
    https://www.odesk.com

I've been using this money myself to invest in stocks, this carries the risk of losing some/all. There are plenty websites that you could use for this but the one i've used and which works good for me is below.
    You could buy stock in for example netflix (they have been doing well) or amazon (they've been going up and down a lot)
    More riskier is if you attempt to trade on the forex, you could win a lot (double your money) in minutes, but just as soon lose it. You minimize that risk if you put some time and effort into learning about market trading.
    http://www.etoro.com

If you need a small amount of money in a few days, like, a tenner in 2/3 days, use slicethepie.
    If you need 100 or more, but you've got some time for it, say 2-3 weeks, try and find jobs on odesk.

If you want that money to earn you money, try neobux or play the market on etoro.

==

There are plenty different websites that work like this, these are just 4 that i've used and that have worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Feedbackup

Pingi wrote: »
    I think there's money to be made offering to convert peoples CD collection to digital,for there Mp3 players/Smart phones. Any teen with a laptop could do that.

are you kidding me?? What kind of Scrooge would have the stones to actually ask money for that? maybe 10 years ago but I'd love to know where you got that idea.

Advertisement