Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity transfer to new name

Options
  • 13-10-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

My friend is sharing a house with 3 others & the person who had Airtricity in his name has moved out, what is involved in transferring the Airtricity Account to my friends name. Is it just a matter of changing names?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If your friend gets the electricity in their sole name then they will be responsible for all the bill if the others refuse to pay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Contact Airtricity, if you wish to continue with them, and request a change of name rather than a change of tenancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

take a meter reading and call them up to change the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

dearg lady wrote: »
    take a meter reading and call them up to change the name
    Here's where you confuse them. If you want a change of name only then a Meter reading is not needed because you are taking over the entire account. If you want to have the previous customer billed to a point in time and only take over from there then it's a Meter reading and change of tenancy. I thought the OP wanted the former!

Advertisement