Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving grinds..!

Options
  • 13-10-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hello everyone I'm a fourth year student. I was wondering about giving grinds. I got an 'A' in JC maths which I consider good since the A rate was 9%. I was considering giving grinds, but with no qualifications is that a good idea. I am currently teaching maths in my schools resource room and I love it. I want to be a teacher. I was thinking if I did it I would charge 10 euro an hour. Its not about money. But would anyone take me seriously and is this a good idea.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

first of all an A for initiative. i'd say give it a go. 10 euro an hour sounds fair for a student teaching a student.
    have you thought through advertising, would you do it at your home or student's home, have you any references?

would be great experience for you, would help others studying for JC, and a few bob in your pocket.
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

first of all an A for initiative. i'd say give it a go. 10 euro an hour sounds fair for a student teaching a student.
    have you thought through advertising, would you do it at your home or student's home, have you any references?

would be great experience for you, would help others studying for JC, and a few bob in your pocket.
    good luck

Seeing as you can get proper grind teachers and college students from €20 an hour id say €5-€7 is more reasonable. This is a 16 year old(no offence) who by the end of the years students could well be better than him presuming 4th years do nothing in school and maths with the bonus points is the most watched subject by many parents and students who get grinds in it won't have the aptitude for it as the OP has. Give it a go OP but don't expect to get loaded. Start low and build a reputation. Lose nothing by trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Days 298 wrote: »
    Seeing as you can get proper grind teachers and college students from €20 an hour id say €5-€7 is more reasonable. This is a 16 year old(no offence) who by the end of the years students could well be better than him presuming 4th years do nothing in school and maths with the bonus points is the most watched subject by many parents and students who get grinds in it won't have the aptitude for it as the OP has. Give it a go OP but don't expect to get loaded. Start low and build a reputation. Lose nothing by trying.
    Im sorry but I don't do nothing in school. We have a 3 yr leaving cert so I have started all my subjects for leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

good luck
    I advertised it just there on the Jc grinds thread on this site. Well the teacher in the resource room could be a reference? Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 b mac donncha

Hi there,

I am a fluent Irish speaker and a fully qualified Primary Teacher who has experience of giving grinds to students of all abilities and levels. My rates are reasonable. My email address is bmacdonncha@gmail.com:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement