Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

seperation

• 13-10-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey all. just looking to see if anyone has seperated where there are step kids, when i say kids they are both over 20 and in full time jobs. i am awaiting free legal aid but she is telling me that they will be continuing to live in my house, surely i dont have to put a roof over there heads? just looking for other peoples experiences not legal advice. i am at my wits end and almost broke and just feel like letting her have it all, <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

No - even if they were "your own kids" you do not have to keep any roof over their heads . They are over 18 and not in full-time education so nothing applies even if you adopted them . If they are hassling you get them out asap - don't be bullied .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you for your reply and as stupid as it sounds they are bullying me in a sense, I have been told by friends that these 'Kids' are entitled to stay in the house once there mother does. Other friends have told me that they would be entitled to squatters rights and I just don't know. I am still awaiting word on free legal aid but thank you for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

Thank you for your reply and as stupid as it sounds they are bullying me in a sense, I have been told by friends that these 'Kids' are entitled to stay in the house once there mother does. Other friends have told me that they would be entitled to squatters rights and I just don't know. I am still awaiting word on free legal aid but thank you for your help

You are listening to hearsay from your friends, legally the "kids" are over 18 so they don't come into the legal equation.
    As for the bullying, take note of everything for your own sake. You need to seek legal advice asap for the 2 reasons you posted about.

Advertisement