Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to VF Fibre

• 13-10-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am considering to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL (fibre). I'm on Vodafone Simply Broadband Max. Are there any charges/fees to upgrade to fibre from ADSL?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

I dont know what you are currently paying but i recently upgraded to fibre with vodafone and my monthly charge was reduced.
    I had a 24mb line and was paying 52 euros outside of call charges and after upgrading to 70 down 20 up,unlimited i am now paying 37.This includes 100 minutes to landlines.
    There is also a 3 euro discount if your a vodafone mobile customer.
    I would give them a buzz and enquire as you definitely wont be charged more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Annie3961SG

I am currently paying €35 for Simply Broadband Max. Is there an installation fee to upgrade to fibre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I am considering to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL (fibre). I'm on Vodafone Simply Broadband Max. Are there any charges/fees to upgrade to fibre from ADSL?

No - none on a new contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I am currently paying €35 for Simply Broadband Max. Is there an installation fee to upgrade to fibre?

Upgraded last week,no fees as I extended my contract.

I am on an existing contract (12 months) for Simply Broadband Max and I still have 7 months left until the contract finishes. I have heard that there could be a modem price of around €30 or €40 for fibre upgrade when I am on a 12 month or 18 month contract and I have seen that fibre is available in my area from my broadband bill.

Will I be informed by Vodafone to upgrade my home broadband to fibre speeds or should I contact them to upgrade?

• Advertisement

I am on an existing contract (12 months) for Simply Broadband Max and I still have 7 months left until the contract finishes. I have heard that there could be a modem price of around €30 or €40 for fibre upgrade when I am on a 12 month or 18 month contract and I have seen that fibre is available in my area from my broadband bill.

Will I be informed by Vodafone to upgrade my home broadband to fibre speeds or should I contact them to upgrade?

I was also on an existing contract,in fact i had only renewed it the previous month.This makes absolutely no difference as you will start anew with fibre.Vodafone seem to have done away with the 18 and 24 month contracts,you wont be charged on a 12 month contract for the modem.

As for vodafone contacting you,that wont happen you will have to give them a call.

I just found the pricing for the fibre upgrade on the post here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/86791519

I just found the pricing for the fibre upgrade on the post here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/86791519

I was not charged for any of that on a 12 month contract.I recieved a free modem and installation.

No mention of 18 or 24 month contracts.

Advertisement