Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 110 forerunner GPS watch

• 13-10-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭

Hey all
    I am thinking of getting the above. I want to be able to track my heart rate so was thinking of getting the one on Amazon for £109 so about €130 I guess.
    Is this a good watch for clocking lap times and distances and the heart rate.
    I have read reviews but always good to get info off people who have used it.
    Sorry if it has been asked before.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hey all
    I am thinking of getting the above. I want to be able to track my heart rate so was thinking of getting the one on Amazon for £109 so about €130 I guess.
    Is this a good watch for clocking lap times and distances and the heart rate.
    I have read reviews but always good to get info off people who have used it.
    Sorry if it has been asked before.
    Thanks

Enjoy the read: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/07/garmin-forerunner-110-in-depth-product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Hi - I bought this watch from Amazon.co.uk about 6 months ago and have had no trouble at all with it. I love being able to track my runs and then connect to Garmin Connect and see the data. I have never worn the heart rate monitor, in fact never even taken it out of the packet. With regard to lap times I'm not sure if its your man. I have a small handheld timer which I use if I want to time laps etc. I become a bit obsessed with checking it constantly and I have to make myself stop.

If I were buying it now I would get the 610 which has a few more bells and whistles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I bought this with the heart rate monitor and I'm happy with it so far. I love that I can upload the runs to Garmin Connect and view them from anywhere. It allows you to store your PBs as well so it is very handy.
    One question - is it possible to pre-set a distance you want to run. For example, you are hoping to do a 5k. Can you set the distance at 5km and the watch will then stop and save at that distance? At the moment I'm having to watch it as it approaches the distance so I can press stop on the timer.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

I don't have a 110 but can you set up your intervals based on distance rather than time?

I know with the higher end watches you can but I don't know about the 110, I'd imagine you should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I want to leave the autolap at 1km. Just thought you could set a pre run distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

pointer28 wrote: »
    I don't have a 110 but can you set up your intervals based on distance rather than time?

I know with the higher end watches you can but I don't know about the 110, I'd imagine you should.

You can do this on the 210 so i'd imagine it is similar on the 110.

Just create an Interval workout on the watch and set the distance to 5km, you can add a warmup and warmdown times if you like or just set these to 'No'. It will beep at the start and will stop and beep again when you've reached your 5k distance goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

pointer28 wrote: »

Computer says no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

That's a bit disappointing, even my old FR60 can do simple intervals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The 110 can do auto-laps, so you could fudge together an interval session, by changing the auto-lap distance. e.g.

Set auto-lap to 0.25 miles (400m):
    8 lap easy warm-up (2 miles)
    {
    2 laps @ 6 minute/mile (800m)
    1 lap recovery (400m)
    }
    Repeat until you vomit or pass-out.
    8 lap easy warm-down (2 miles)

Advertisement