Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you sold to shops

Options
  • 13-10-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Have any of you tried to sell cookies/cupcakes to shops like Centre / Mace / Other local shops. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

They can buy in bulk produced stuff so cheap it is practically impossible to do it and make money unless you are one of those bulk producers. My local spar runs it's own bakery, I doubt if baked from scratch though. They may buy from you but will want them for half nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I understand that there are a lot of rules and regulations regarding the sale of home cooked foods, not to mention insurances and that kind of thing. Very expensive to meet the standards and requirements, I may be wrong but it's hard to see the point unless you have lots of money to invest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You might try the food markets, Christmas fairs, craft fairs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

cheers thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Some of the supermarkets do have space set aside for 'local products'. I think the musgrave chain does anyway, so that's supervalu, centra, superquinn. Some niggle in my brain is telling me it's 3-5% of their total stock level for local produce is the recommended level in a supervalu, but don't quote me on it. The local managers do have discretion there anyway, so ask locally.

What the regs are for supplying to them are I'm not sure, but give them a call and ask maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement