Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any nerdy shops around anymore?

Options
  • 13-10-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

By Nerdy, I mean stuff like Warhammer, comics, Dungeons & Dragons, etc.

Ages ago there was the Hobby shop that sold Warhammer, which was replaced for a long time by Tall Tales/Ouroboros Books(Warhammer, books, Japanese stuff), which was then replaced by the Comic Stop (Comics, Magic the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons).

Since the Comic Stop closed down there doesn't seem to be any shop to fill the required "Nerdy" shop position in the city, so I'm wondering if I've simply missed one that opened up recently.

I know that there's a Warhammer group on Facebook based in Waterford, and a shop that's had about 7 boxes of Warhammer lying around for the past few months, but they don't actually order stuff in.

So is there anything like what I've described anywhere in Waterford city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

I don't think there is chief. I never got into warhammer but I do use the model paints etc. I buy it all online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The guy that owned Tall Tales also had a shop in Clonmel, although i dont know if its still open.

There is a model shop in New Ross called Mc Models that are very good for ordering stuff in, they dont have warhammer stuff but they might order it in if you give them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i think i remember that store , was it on michael street?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Yeah, I heard he's off in Clonmel too. His parents have a shop there I think? All second-hand information though, so it could be wrong.

And I've tried McModels, but they never got it in in the end since it costs too much.

And yeah, Tall Tales was on Michael street.

Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement