Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Spots

Options
  • 13-10-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

I'm new to breastfeeding and just wondering is it normal to have milk spots on the baby's face and chest?

He has had the milk spots on his face since breastfeeding started, but there is now 2 spots on his chest - they are the exact same as the spots on his face

Any info is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Lolaa wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm new to breastfeeding and just wondering is it normal to have milk spots on the baby's face and chest?

He has had the milk spots on his face since breastfeeding started, but there is now 2 spots on his chest - they are the exact same as the spots on his face

Any info is greatly appreciated

Yes totally normal. They're basically blocked glands. They occur in both breast and bottle fed babies and disappear on their own.

Congrats on your new arrival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lolaa

Hi drdoc

Thanks for coming back to me.

Much appreciated. Just wanted to check that it's normal to get them on thier little bodies as well as their face

X

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

No problem!
    My little fella had them on his chest too. Disappeared after a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Congrats on your new arrival! My baby's milk spots lasted approx 4 weeks from what I can remember of that mad time! They were worse on her cheeks than anywhere else, but she did have them all over her face and chest. I used to worry about them as they were quite aggressive looking, but they eventually subsided without any mark left. She was bottle fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lolaa

Thanks for replying drdoc and dollybird2

Also reassuring to know that the marks will hopefully not leave any marks !

• Advertisement
Advertisement