Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boycott SKINNY jenas

• 13-10-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Fcuk today's fashion. Straight-leg metrosexual sh1t? No thanks. If I wanted to look androgynous, I'd do so stylishly---not with this half assed emo bullsh1t they call fashion.

I went through entire Dublin city and I couldn't find ROAD jeans, finally I entered RETRO shop, George's Street Arcade, South Great George's St Dublin 2 and the lady said she has very last stock of the available jeans (cords) in my size with no possibility to get more. After I asked why can't she get more she said today's fashion has no demand for baggy jeans or corduroys.

I got Jumbo Phat Pant Road in Navy, Beige, Grey and original slouch road jeans.
    I stocked myself well, it was pricey but I know this fashion of skinny, straight cut crap is going to last long.

I am 6'1" guy, 32-34 size waist depends on model and make of jeans, how would I look in skinny slim/skinny/straight cut skinny jeans or cords????

I think like Robin Hood and the men in tights. At least I stocked myself today,and she has no more models left and won't get more.

This fashion industry is horrible, I can see men in those pants and majority of them look like idiots. Unless you are men with mosquito type of legs the they fit perfectly but still looks awkward.

Boycott skinny jeans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I feel your pain. I like being able to to move around and have a little bit of room in certain areas!:P

And I'm 6ft and skinny. Skinny jeans make be look like I've two little bandy legs.

No thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

My partner loves Road cords/jeans and used to buy a lot of Cinch cords/jeans. He can't get them anywhere now. The stores are full of skinny jeans & metrosexual trousers for men, which is fine for those that like that look, but it is not for him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm sure there are more important things to boycott than skinny jeans. And "straight leg metrosexual ****", "men look like idiots"? Please, they're just trousers.

It's frustrating that you cannot get your style readily available anymore, but I don't think there's a need to be calling people idiots over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

In fairness, while skinny and slim jeans dominate the mens stores these days, every single mens store I've visited in the last year still stock some ranges of bootcut or looser jeans. Maybe not super baggy 90s style jeans but hardly exclusively Russell Brand or Paul Galvin type styles either. You need to look around. (the only exception might be Topman which does seem to only do skintight fits!) I agree though that it must be a pain for heavier or bulkier guys alright though as they are restricted to more limited ranges of looser jeans these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Skinny jeans belong on a stage for artsy-farsty type musicians. All I know is if I wore them down my local I'd probably get my head boxed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Yuric

Yuric wrote: »
    Fcuk today's fashion. Straight-leg metrosexual sh1t? No thanks. If I wanted to look androgynous, I'd do so stylishly---not with this half assed emo bullsh1t they call fashion.

I went through entire Dublin city and I couldn't find ROAD jeans, finally I entered RETRO shop, George's Street Arcade, South Great George's St Dublin 2 and the lady said she has very last stock of the available jeans (cords) in my size with no possibility to get more. After I asked why can't she get more she said today's fashion has no demand for baggy jeans or corduroys.

I got Jumbo Phat Pant Road in Navy, Beige, Grey and original slouch road jeans.
    I stocked myself well, it was pricey but I know this fashion of skinny, straight cut crap is going to last long.

I am 6'1" guy, 32-34 size waist depends on model and make of jeans, how would I look in skinny slim/skinny/straight cut skinny jeans or cords????

I think like Robin Hood and the men in tights. At least I stocked myself today,and she has no more models left and won't get more.

This fashion industry is horrible, I can see men in those pants and majority of them look like idiots. Unless you are men with mosquito type of legs the they fit perfectly but still looks awkward.

Boycott skinny jeans

I am not saying that all the men who wear skinny types of jeans/cords are idiots, there are men who look great in those type of pants, I am just saying that there's a great difficulty nowadays to find a baggy/slouch type of jeans/cords. As an example I used my favorite from Road an English company that used to make them widely available everywhere up until recently, now they are only selling last few pairs left in the stock and all the new season stock is skinny. Therefore I am not overweight, my waist is 32", but find myself look like an idiot in artsy fartsy type of pants. Yes it's true you can find few slouchy type of jeans around, but became making an effort rather then just walk in any store. You mentioned top men, they are the first who stopped stocking them. I am glad to have my own style, don't need to be dictated what to wear. I wear my jeans, don't want my jeans start wearing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

OP, have a look at Diesel in Arnotts. Lots of different styles and they are good quality. The prices have come down a bit in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yuric

ror_74 wrote: »
    OP, have a look at Diesel in Arnotts. Lots of different styles and they are good quality. The prices have come down a bit in recent years.

True. Found nice pair in Diesel in Dundrum town centre. Only two styles available slouch/baggy and got them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Completely agree with OP, I mean there are still people in the world who like to wear normal clothes other than Slimfit or Skinny Sh$t, who want a bit of free space for their balls to hang around :rolleyes:.

Advertisement