Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 5 help

• 13-10-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi i have an iphone 5 which is almost a year old.

recently the battery has been all over the place it will say 30% and then just shut off.

the phone is perfect bar a broken piece of glass on the top back beside the camera.

can I ask for a warranty replacement of the battery or will they claim the glass damage is the cause and try to get out of it?

i dont have insurance stupidly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I could definitely see a mobile network here pull the stunt where they'll claim the cracked glass is part of the problem and try to fleece you (have seen it happen to a few I know)

But in fairness to Apple they wouldn't do that. Give them a ring and they'll sort it seeing as its under warranty :) Sounds like it needs a new battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭iniall

Are you on iOS 7? Battery problems on iOS 7 are a known issue and the hope is that Apple will fix the problem with the next update of the OS.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057058561

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Apple wont do nothing to their products if they are broken in anyway (BROKEN GLASS ETC...)

Send it off and i bet you get it back untouched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hi i have an iphone 5 which is almost a year old.

recently the battery has been all over the place it will say 30% and then just shut off.

the phone is perfect bar a broken piece of glass on the top back beside the camera.

can I ask for a warranty replacement of the battery or will they claim the glass damage is the cause and try to get out of it?

i dont have insurance stupidly.

Get the back replaced independently and then go to Apple about the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Zcott wrote: »
    Get the back replaced independently and then go to Apple about the battery.

And if it needs to be sent to Apple it will be sent back due to a third party repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Had the exact same issue on mu iphone 5 last month (also with a small crack on the back plate). Apple replaced it directly with no issues.

Advertisement