Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming tax back at the end of the year from abroad

Options
  • 13-10-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I'm currently living in another EU country, I left my job in Dublin at the end of July. How do I go about claiming my taxes back? As far as I'm concerned I should be able to claim the majority of it back as I would have only worked 7 months out of 12. I can't do the paperwork from here obviously but my folks back home wouldn't mind doing it. If anyone has been in a similar position please let me know the steps, I've never been good at dealing with the machinery of state... And I really need that money :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/p50.pdf

Fill this form out and send it with P45, you should get a refund in your bank account within about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Were you renting ?

You may be entitled to rent relief also.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Im in Canada and have been trying to do this online also, instead of posting off all those forms. Can someone tell me how I do it on PAYE anytime website? I am registered ahd have the pin number. When i log on and click on the year '2013' I dont know what I should be doing after this??:confused:
    Would really appreciate someones knowledge who has done this before??:)

Advertisement