Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrageen Moss Dessert Recipe

Options
  • 13-10-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I have a good quantity of good quality air dried and bleached carrageen moss and would love some interesting dessert ideas. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Darina Allen does a Blancmanche, i think it would contain Baileys in it too. it is in the Forgotten Cooking book.. My mam makes it alot.

otherwise http://www.examiner.com/article/try-carrageen-moss-blanc-mange-a-tasty-and-healthy-irish-pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Many thanks lucylu, the recipe seems delicious. I will also try and locate the Darina Allen recipe that you refer to - I do have the Ballymaloe Cookery Course and her other books but it is not included in any of these, to my knowledge. Again, many thanks for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Here is a Darina Allen recipe. I sampled it at a course. Twas lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Thank you so much for this livinsane. Looking forward to tasting this over the weekend!

Advertisement