Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth on Netbook

Options
  • 13-10-2013 10:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I've been trying to get bluetooth going in a Windows 7 Starter netbook without success. It's a Packard Bell 'dot s' model. I checked in services.msc and it is running, set to automatic. I then try to add a smartphone via Devices and Printers (bluetooth turned on on the phone), but Windows won't find anything in its scan. I went onto the PB site, got the relevant bluetooth drivers (Bluetooth Broadcom, Bluetooth Driver, 6.2.0.9700, 57.7 MB, 2010/01/13) and tried to install them, but without success - I think it said it couldn't find anything on the PC. Could the bluetooth device on the netbook be kaput?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It can be a bit obtuse to get some devices to pair sometimes. On my Nexus 4 you have to enable discoverability by hitting a button that only appears when searching and you'll easily miss it if you're watching a second screen.

Have you access to another device to test?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hey,

I've been trying to get bluetooth going in a Windows 7 Starter netbook without success. It's a Packard Bell 'dot s' model. I checked in services.msc and it is running, set to automatic. I then try to add a smartphone via Devices and Printers (bluetooth turned on on the phone), but Windows won't find anything in its scan. I went onto the PB site, got the relevant bluetooth drivers (Bluetooth Broadcom, Bluetooth Driver, 6.2.0.9700, 57.7 MB, 2010/01/13) and tried to install them, but without success - I think it said it couldn't find anything on the PC. Could the bluetooth device on the netbook be kaput?
    Your not trying to pair an iPhone out of interest? If you are these have completely locked down Bluetooth so only support Bluetooth for speakers or headset functionality. You cannot pair them with computers or other devices, unless it's changed recently

Nick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks both. I tried two Android devices without success - both were able to see each other, but not the netbook.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks both. I tried two Android devices without success - both were able to see each other, but not the netbook.

There may be a function key combination to activate Bluetooth or even a switch so I'd investigate this first :-) . Has Bluetooth ever worked on the netbook?

Nick

Advertisement