Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

This post has been deleted.

Merchant service providers can put whatever terms they like in their agreement and a retailer can follow them or not follow them. The only thing a merchant service provider can do if a merchant does not adhere to the agreement is to withdraw the service - then the merchant just moves on to another on (choice of about a dozen in the market at present)

The AIB T&C's no longer have that condition (taken out years ago), but at the same time, commissions have dropped from 3% - 4% down to just over 1% and with cash lodgement fees at 0.45% the difference between cost of taking cash and cost of taking a card is only about 0.65%.

On small sales I would much prefer a credit card than a debit card as on a fiver sale the credit card will cost me 6c and debit card will cost me 19c. - However I don't sell low value items, so its not an issue in my business.

Advertisement