Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo z580 Black Screen on Startup

• 13-10-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my new Lenovo z580. It has happened a few times now that when I turn on the laptop the lenovo logo will come up and seem to load but then I just get a black screen and windows does not load. This has happened about 3 times in the last three weeks since I got the laptop. Each time I force shutdown and then turn the laptop back on. This has worked so far albeit that the startup time is significantly slower the first time starting up after this black screen.

I was wondering if any else has experienced this problem or if any knew of a fix for this. It's more of an inconvenience than anything else at the moment but it doesn't inspire confidence given that the laptop is only 3 weeks old.

Other than that the laptop is working perfectly so it's more than a little strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my new Lenovo z580. It has happened a few times now that when I turn on the laptop the lenovo logo will come up and seem to load but then I just get a black screen and windows does not load. This has happened about 3 times in the last three weeks since I got the laptop. Each time I force shutdown and then turn the laptop back on. This has worked so far albeit that the startup time is significantly slower the first time starting up after this black screen.

I was wondering if any else has experienced this problem or if any knew of a fix for this. It's more of an inconvenience than anything else at the moment but it doesn't inspire confidence given that the laptop is only 3 weeks old.

Other than that the laptop is working perfectly so it's more than a little strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    As it's only 3 weeks old bring it back and get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

200motels wrote: »
    As it's only 3 weeks old bring it back and get a replacement.

It was ordered off amazon though so if there's an easy fix I'd rather do that than go to the hassle of sending it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Have you got the restore or OS disks?

I'd run a memory check then another on the Hard disk.

How do I run a memory check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

http://www.memtest.org/

You make a live CD and run it. I don't think you'll find anything. But its something to tick off the check list.

I would test memory, hard disk, then restore it to factory settings.

After that with a laptop I'd return it. They may keep it for sometime though, so organise a temp replacement.

Also video the fault happening on your mobile and leave a copy of the video on the laptop. Easiest proof of the error.

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    http://www.memtest.org/

You make a live CD and run it. I don't think you'll find anything. But its something to tick off the check list.

I would test memory, hard disk, then restore it to factory settings.

After that with a laptop I'd return it. They may keep it for sometime though, so organise a temp replacement.

Also video the fault happening on your mobile and leave a copy of the video on the laptop. Easiest proof of the error.

Okay will do, thanks for your help.

Advertisement