Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full reception but no internet access

• 13-10-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,

since I became a customer to 3, Im experiencing problem that technical team can't solve, or seem not to understand it.
    Several times a day I get information that there is full reception but I have no internet access. I have all bars up and yellow triangle on the icon. see photo

I have to restart the modem every time it happens as it doesn't go away by itself.
    I had modem changed, technical team trying to figure out what is happening but no success.
    Anyone had the same problem and could help out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Its a DNS server issue, happens to me pretty regularly. Seems to happen due to too much traffic on the network. Mine used to be really, really bad where I would be disconnecting every hour, now it only seems to happen a few times a day. Although mine will still disconnect for about 2 seconds but will then re-connect, wouldn't really notice it disconnecting most of the times. Go to boards.ie/three and PM one of the reps. They might be able to help you out.

Edit:
    You can change your DNS address. Try here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Advertisement