Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comelit Ideal Kit 5

Options
  • 13-10-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Looking for a Little help with installing this kit. Electrician left me down a couple of times so attempted it myself.Have everything working except the phone won't chime when the call button is pressed outside at the gates.Everything else works ,power going to phone, gates opening and can hear both ways if anybody is at gate.

http://www.doorentrydirect.com/acrobat/comelit/inst/FT_KIT_16.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The instalation pdf is pretty basic, but according to the pdf for the internal handset, the pinout is:

S Call (electronic)
    2 Speech In (Speaker)
    3 Speech Out (Mic)
    4 Common
    P1 Lock

I suspect that S on the internal handset is connected to the wrong terminal in the external unit. Connect into S2 and see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

mike_ie wrote: »
    The instalation pdf is pretty basic, but according to the pdf for the internal handset, the pinout is:

S Call (electronic)
    2 Speech In (Speaker)
    3 Speech Out (Mic)
    4 Common
    P1 Lock

I suspect that S on the internal handset is connected to the wrong terminal in the external unit. Connect into S2 and see if it works.

Thanks for reply.There is no S2 on my external unit.It differs slighty as in it has 6 terminals.Thats the way I have it set up (as above).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 2006olliem

I know this May sound stupid but try the volume screw at the gate. I think it may control the handset volume.
    Caught me out once.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Lads thanks.Checked the wires again and I found out my problem.Had everything right but there was a snip on that wire going to s.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement