Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 20 - League and cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

FewFew wrote: »
    Nearly snatched a win more like :(

Although... I didn't watch the end of the match. I actually thought you hammered me. Hate close scores like that, makes every single tactical decision seem to count more. Should have done more work, but threw out a solid team and hoped to make a dent.

That's me out of the play-offs anyway. Although I wish Munster could take on FRF, I don't hugely fancy their chances (though I can hope.)

It was 21-6 at 71 mins and I was thinking "might sneak a TBP here" then all of a sudden at 80+ mins you had a penalty attempt to draw!

Not sure Munster will have it, they will LTNT but I suspect they have been leaning heavily on that button this season so energy could be shot.

I have a face off against Battaí for the home semi against each other. Always a tricky one to figure out how to play in that situation.

Monivea v FRF in the semi has great potential..(no offence fewi). Would be great to see a LTNT off in both semis!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

well guys we are nearly at the play-offs stage,i have the liberty of going wnwim in the last league game against gideons ,should be a competive enough playoffs ,to be honest its all about reaching the final and who know anyone could win ,reckon its a major plus to have home advantage in the semis though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to throw the qualifier and drop to Div II. I think it will be better long term. I'll come up as a real contender for the top 4. Sorry EOF :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Gelio wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to throw the qualifier and drop to Div II. I think it will be better long term. I'll come up as a real contender for the top 4. Sorry EOF :o

banned.

Not really... but I will spank him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Drop to Div III you mean? Or... are you talking Hong Kong ball again?

• Advertisement

FewFew wrote: »
    Drop to Div III you mean? Or... are you talking Hong Kong ball again?

hong kong. he was debating on here a while back about staying up or going down. we all said stay up. he is disobeying us.:mad:

eoferrall wrote: »
    hong kong. he was debating on here a while back about staying up or going down. we all said stay up. he is disobeying us.:mad:

We all? You were the only response!

Look at the Maths: 20000 per week less in sponsorship which by the end of the season will be more than made up for with the extra prize money. I will also be able to have a real shot at the cup. TNTing the last few rounds. And finally I'll be able to play my new trainees in every league game. Then I shoot back up to Div I and have a serious go at it.

Come on admit it could work

We all? You were the only response!

Look at the Maths: 20000 per week less in sponsorship which by the end of the season will be more than made up for with the extra prize money. I will also be able to have a real shot at the cup. TNTing the last few rounds. And finally I'll be able to play my new trainees in every league game. Then I shoot back up to Div I and have a serious go at it.

Come on admit it could work
    Oh thought others did too - well I am the most important.....:p

Yes it is a real option, and I guess from a financial POV is why people lie about in Div III in Ireland. But you'd get considerably more IGT for trainees from the higher division, and a better challange.

But sure I don't have a choice, had a terrible season and have ONE game to save myself, and hope results go my way to get a relegation playoff spot or else its auto relegate for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Surely pitting yourself against equal and better teams means you learn more, especially with the tactics evolving the way they are, you could find yourself left behind after a season of playing teams you can beat even with crap tactics.

Phonehead wrote: »
    Surely pitting yourself against equal and better teams means you learn more, especially with the tactics evolving the way they are, you could find yourself left behind after a season of playing teams you can beat even with crap tactics.

exactly what i am afraid of when i get relegated. will be in same situation now wrt knowledge of this zonal tactics this time next season if relegated.:(

• Advertisement

Still have the boards league and the cup. And its not like they are all dirt. I'll have to break out the quality tactics every now and then.

EOF while I would get more IGT for my trainees in Div I, I wouldnt be able to actually play them to get that IGT. Can you imagine my new 40k csr second row up against some 300k beast. I would be forced to play my older out of date guy.

Big game tomorrow in our league batai v men who stare at goats,these side had a great tussel in their last game which ended in a draw,the prize here is to avoid Monivea and get an easier passage to the league final ,it should be a thriller again in which im just sideing with batai by a few points ,the other games are front row fairies against munster and front row will be hoping for the win to secure the 4th place qualifying spot ,curley sues death squad have a slim chance playing the bot but depend on munster turning over front row faries ,my prediction for the semis are MONIVEA (home) v Front Row Fairies and Batai(home ) v MWSAG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Right so, just back from a nearly two season of barely logging in hiatus.

I really have to have a tactics rethink. We've had substitutions and zonal tactics introduced since I was last playing properly. Have a feeling I could get sucked right back in.

Also, I realised a couple of weeks ago that I am now one of those teams I used to hat getting relegated to division 3. Somehow I now have 6 players >200k csr. When did that happen?! I really have to stop thinking of myself as the little guy who was delighted to finally get a player over 100k csr.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

welcome back good to see you are living:D

mar-z wrote: »

I really have to have a tactics rethink. We've had substitutions and zonal tactics introduced since I was last playing properly. Have a feeling I could get sucked right back in.

Also, I realised a couple of weeks ago that I am now one of those teams I used to hat getting relegated to division 3. Somehow I now have 6 players >200k csr. When did that happen?! I really have to stop thinking of myself as the little guy who was delighted to finally get a player over 100k csr.:pac:

Thank God you are back, I can stop worrying that you will go bot and we end up losing literally our only almost NT standard lock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »

How dare he!
    mar-z wrote: »

Yeah, most of my trainees are passing the 100k mark and I'm still in the "sure I'm just a scrappy underdog fighting against the man"
    Thank God you are back, I can stop worrying that you will go bot and we end up losing literally our only almost NT standard lock

I have a nice fat boy in my YA. Gonna train him up to be a wunderkind of the future. Unfortunately he'll come out at completely the wrong time for any U20 action. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

westman1 wrote: »
    welcome back good to see you are living:D

Thanks. Alive and kicking, although my team might have been doing better than if I was actually in control of things!

Yeah I think it came close once. You'll have to thank fewfew for reminding me to log in and save Ennis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

So I managed to secure second spot in my league at the end of regular season, and incidently, the team I beat away in the last round, I will host in a home semi. Really hoping I can make it to the final. I haven't a hope of winning it, but second place would be a great result for me.

Weirdly though, I can't see myself pushing for DIV.II promotion any time soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

[Jackass] wrote: »
    So I managed to secure second spot in my league at the end of regular season, and incidently, the team I beat away in the last round, I will host in a home semi. Really hoping I can make it to the final. I haven't a hope of winning it, but second place would be a great result for me.

Weirdly though, I can't see myself pushing for DIV.II promotion any time soon. :(

oh i dont know the way you kicked my butt round the park if you got the right league you could hang up there
    i'm waiting for qualifer to stay in div 3

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

finished 2nd pity but im more worried about the guy im hosting in the semi than the guy who should be in the final. fingers crossed anyway

• Advertisement

I wonder does Johnnysmack know that his auto relegation has been stopped due to The Ruffians getting a penalty points deduction for going bot! Johnny now has a playoff to stay up! I hope he logs in and notices it in time, anybody got his email address to let him know?

with any luck he wont log on again until new season and has auto set his line-up to wnwim ,at least that would give us second division team a little chance

a very special good luck to daheff tomorrow night in the league play-off semi final against monivea ,may the best team win ,but i must admit i have my homework done on you daheff

Best of luck to all play-off participants tonight. My entire season comes down to this one game, so fingers crossed I can get over the line, it's going to be extremely tight!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Best of luck to all play-off participants tonight. My entire season comes down to this one game, so fingers crossed I can get over the line, it's going to be extremely tight!

thanks mate. im not very confident of winning my semi but if i do id be more confident in the final

49 - 0 up after the hour mark. I think it's safe to say I'm going to the final!! :D

Expected a tight game, but I'm not complaining!

Monivea 39 Front Row Fairies 3 ,monivea book their place in the final with a deserved victory ove FRF,it was close enough at the break with the teams tied at 3 points a piece but monivea showed their strength in the second half ,interesting game awaits in the final against Men Who Stare at Goats

the dannys vs dafirm
    so i won again from behind the stars i must be the best manager on br ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

a very special good luck to daheff tomorrow night in the league play-off semi final against monivea ,may the best team win ,but i must admit i have my homework done on you daheff

Thx GH. It was close for most of first half, but I think your guys were the better team overall. Good luck in the final...and good luck to Crisco too.

I still think MWSG will win (sorry GH)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Monivea 39 Front Row Fairies 3 ,monivea book their place in the final with a deserved victory ove FRF,it was close enough at the break with the teams tied at 3 points a piece but monivea showed their strength in the second half ,interesting game awaits in the final against Men Who Stare at Goats

That purple star in stamina really made a difference in the second half.

Can't believe I won by so much, could have spared the ltnt. Weird one. But glad to be in the final anyway. That was really my goal all season.

Advertisement