Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My son now has the worst temper. The red faced scream with no tears and he stops as soon as he thinks I'm picking him up. Starts again if I don't

Least last night he had full nights sleep bed at 9 bottle at midnight and up at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

You know that youtube video "Go the fúck to sleep" done my Samuel Jackson (I really want the book!) that is all that is going through my head right now. I know it is only 8, but Saoirse is up way too long today and she is only getting more and more tired, but will not sleep. It was exhausting trying to keep her entertained from 5 on so that she would sleep properly tonight. I am just fit to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I am so tired..my almost six month old has cut his first two teeth. The poor little baba has been crying for what seems like forever! He has cried/screamed all day. i spent the day walking him around the house, he is a big baby and my back is in pieces. This teething lark is rotten and I've just been told it gets much worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I could have wrote that post cant26!. To make it worse L got her 4 months vaccinations today. She's also started waking up every 2 hours to be fed during the night again so I'm not even looking forward to bed. I'd give anything for a long soak in a bath followed by a hot cup of tea and a few chocolate biscuit!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have the whole house kept awake with my coughing apparently! We're all grumpy today, it's awful. I haven't the energy for the poor baby and I'm afraid I haven't been burping him very well. He's going to be killed farting for the next few days. Poor lamb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I could have wrote that post cant26!. To make it worse L got her 4 months vaccinations today. She's also started waking up every 2 hours to be fed during the night again so I'm not even looking forward to bed. I'd give anything for a long soak in a bath followed by a hot cup of tea and a few chocolate biscuit!

Oh no that's tough going.
    I was just thinking today in between the screaming that I must make an appointment for my guys 6 month vaccinations. Fingers crossed the teething pains will have subsided a bit by then. We had a few sleepless nights around the four month mark too. Hopefully your little one will settle down soon for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have the whole house kept awake with my coughing apparently! We're all grumpy today, it's awful. I haven't the energy for the poor baby and I'm afraid I haven't been burping him very well. He's going to be killed farting for the next few days. Poor lamb.

Himself had a horrible cough last week. Kept him (and me by extension) awake all night with it, it went on Friday... on Saturday the eldest picked it up, on Sunday, the younger two and me picked it up. This morning, I also have a sore throat!

He's all better and the rest of us are dying with coughs!!!

It's not a chest infection though so no point in heading to doc for anything :(

January wrote: »
    Himself had a horrible cough last week. Kept him (and me by extension) awake all night with it, it went on Friday... on Saturday the eldest picked it up, on Sunday, the younger two and me picked it up. This morning, I also have a sore throat!

He's all better and the rest of us are dying with coughs!!!

It's not a chest infection though so no point in heading to doc for anything :(

The baby and I are the last two to have it. I'm the only one with a cough though. My immune system has been crap the past 2 years, but they can't find the underlying cause. I just spend my time going from one virus to the next. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Missus fell asleep during her feed and when I went to change her she woke up big time. Honest to god trying to button up her babygro was like trying to put a polo neck on a salmon. She is now contemplating whether she wants to go back on or conk out or both. Make your mind up little lady, eat or sleep? Mammy is exhausted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The baby and I are the last two to have it. I'm the only one with a cough though. My immune system has been crap the past 2 years, but they can't find the underlying cause. I just spend my time going from one virus to the next. :/

Ah stop, I'm normally as healthy as an Ox, the last three and a half years I've had so many ailments! And I've had more antibiotics since being pregnant than I've had hot dinners. I had a bereavement in February 2010 and it really knocked me for six physically, anyone who says that emotional stress doesn't affect you physically is talking guff, IMO!

• Advertisement

Dear Jesus, I am pretty sure if I showed a sympathetic judge what I go through, I may actually get away with killing my MIL! Though she is not worth the jail time.....or so I have to tell myself!

Every phone call she is harping on about me putting Saoirse on formula. "She's so small" "Her aunt was a fine mopsy" F*CK OFF, she is not her aunt! And her beloved aunt suffers chronic anorexia due to her mother harping on at her for years about her weight. And I am not talking about the fact she is skinny, I am talking about actual anorexia, eating vitamins instead of meals and the like! "Sure formula has to be better, everyone else is doing it" f*ck the f*ckity f*ck off!!!!!!!! I don't care how moms feed, I formula fed Aidan and if I need to stop breast feeding Saoirse in the morning, I will. It doesn't bother me, but for that born c*nt to think she can tell me what to do, I am seriously glad I am not near her! "She's not putting on weight" A - the cow lives in Clare so she doesn't see her, B - she is, but in proportion to her growth and C-the child went from the 9th percentile to the 75th in height, you don't do that if you're half starved!!!

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Dear Jesus, I am pretty sure if I showed a sympathetic judge what I go through, I may actually get away with killing my MIL! Though she is not worth the jail time.....or so I have to tell myself!

Every phone call she is harping on about me putting Saoirse on formula. "She's so small" "Her aunt was a fine mopsy" F*CK OFF, she is not her aunt! And her beloved aunt suffers chronic anorexia due to her mother harping on at her for years about her weight. And I am not talking about the fact she is skinny, I am talking about actual anorexia, eating vitamins instead of meals and the like! "Sure formula has to be better, everyone else is doing it" f*ck the f*ckity f*ck off!!!!!!!! I don't care how moms feed, I formula fed Aidan and if I need to stop breast feeding Saoirse in the morning, I will. It doesn't bother me, but for that born c*nt to think she can tell me what to do, I am seriously glad I am not near her! "She's not putting on weight" A - the cow lives in Clare so she doesn't see her, B - she is, but in proportion to her growth and C-the child went from the 9th percentile to the 75th in height, you don't do that if you're half starved!!!

/rant

You know she's doing just fine so just ignore her :)

Sure Ellen was only breastfed for two weeks and then formula fed and she's been classed as "underweight". Thankfully she is gaining slowly and moving up the percentile charts.

January wrote: »
    You know she's doing just fine so just ignore her :)

Sure Ellen was only breastfed for two weeks and then formula fed and she's been classed as "underweight". Thankfully she is gaining slowly and moving up the percentile charts.

I know, but it is so annoying having to listen to the cow every single phone call.

I rang her there and told her Ray D'Arcy is discussing it now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I rang her there and told her Ray D'Arcy is discussing it now. :)

You realise that in a few years time she will tell everyone what a good job you did! I used to get that all the time - you are starving the baby etc but then I would talk to mothers friends and I would be told how she is telling them what a good mother I am etc....you are doing a great job so ignore her and carry on 😄

bp wrote: »
    You realise that in a few years time she will tell everyone what a good job you did! I used to get that all the time - you are starving the baby etc but then I would talk to mothers friends and I would be told how she is telling them what a good mother I am etc....you are doing a great job so ignore her and carry on 😄

I burst out laughing at this, you don't know this woman, she is the epitome of malice and contempt. Everything is about her and she has called Social Services on me several times because she thinks I cannot raise my children.

The calls ranged from forcing my son to stay on my lap in a busy hospital Outpatients Dept with a lot of Warfarin patients around, to having a phone in the same room as my older while he slept because it would give him radiation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

God my mums the opposite! Breast fed for 5 months last year and now this time everytime we talk about our coming addition it's "well you'll breast feed for A LOT longer this te won't you!?", "sure you didn't have any problems doing it before", and "sure why wouldn't you breast feed for a year this time!?". It's putting pressure on quite a lot. Even tho I would like to think I'd breast feed for longer. There's never any guarantees and I absolutely hate people telling me what to do when it comes to this sort of thing. I feel like saying... "well how about you feed her while I go to the pub and get off my nut hammered coz I haven't had a drink in a year!" lol (jokes). Baby's not even born yet!

Ah I dunno.... I'm just gonna do best I can, and if she wants boob she'll get boob and if she wants bottle (or more likely I want to get some sleep and daddy can give bottle), she'll get bottle...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I burst out laughing at this, you don't know this woman, she is the epitome of malice and contempt. Everything is about her and she has called Social Services on me several times because she thinks I cannot raise my children.

The calls ranged from forcing my son to stay on my lap in a busy hospital Outpatients Dept with a lot of Warfarin patients around, to having a phone in the same room as my older while he slept because it would give him radiation!

Wow!!! No jury would convict you!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfpawnat - tell your MIL that I have 2 phones and an iPad in the room with the baba, keeps me sane when I'm trying to get him to sleep at crazy o clock! His little brains must be microwaved by her rationale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Little miss has been like a briar all day. Very unsettled and wanting to be up in our arms the whole time. Falls asleep and then within 20 mins of going down is back up and upset again. She fed at 7 and dozed off finally at 8.45. She'll be up and looking for a feed soon. Hope she'll go back down after it because I have a hopping headache. Should have gone to bed when she did but took the chance to sit down and have dinner with my husband instead.

Roesy wrote: »
    Little miss has been like a briar all day. Very unsettled and wanting to be up in our arms the whole time. Falls asleep and then within 20 mins of going down is back up and upset again. She fed at 7 and dozed off finally at 8.45. She'll be up and looking for a feed soon. Hope she'll go back down after it because I have a hopping headache. Should have gone to bed when she did but took the chance to sit down and have dinner with my husband instead.

Sleep when the baby sleeps=no life! My fella went down an hour or so ago, by the time I cleaned up, did bottles, threw on a wash and sat down for a bit he's starting to stir again. How parents of multiples cope I'll never know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm annoyed at the fact that I didn't go to sleep when A went down. I chose to stay awake until 12.30 then just as I'm about to go to sleep she wakes up. She woke up a few times since she went down but I was awake, but it's a different story when I'm trying to sleep. I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow :-(

My rant is my MIL too.. She thinks it's ok to ignore what I say when it comes to J's feeding times. She gives him food in such a way he is gonna choke and when he does hands him to me screaming. Then she will happily feed him somethin he ain't due until before bed. If she eats cake or a biscuit he can't have (known he looks for everything we eat) she'll tease him with it no matter how much I say to leave him alone. She had him for half hour the other day and when we got back (stayed there for few nights) I tried feeding J and his last feed is a battle every day he will scream then eventually eat it, she turns and says 'oh he was great till ye came home' me like a good girl snapped and said 'of course sure he hates us his parents'

I haven't run into feeding issues with my mother yet, but I know it's coming! My 4yr old nephew asks my sister constantly "are we going to grannies house to get biscuits?" :-/ Think I'm gonna have to lay down the law!

SS, would your husband not have a chat with her? I'd be livid if my MIL carried on like that!

He quite literally red, blue and purple in the face tellin her to stop she's as stupid as they come and she's only 41 so can't play the old card. She loves picking Jack up when he's happily playin and after two minutes puts him back down and walks out known he will cry because now he's not been held.
    Hubby just insults her by calling her middle aged. She hates it and says I'm not but he says sure your half way to 80 she goes quiet then

My poor baby snotser. He's snuffled all night long for the past two nights. It's like sharing a bedroom with a truffling pig.

I have a set of luggage beneath my eyes.

My mam always brings sweets for James. At almost 4 I really don't mind him getting treats from his granny. He eats healthily at mealtimes and brushes his teeth really well. Obviously my mam okays it with me each time or it would be an issue. After the Halloween gluttony I asked her to skip the treat a couple of times and she had no problem.

I'm trying to solve the problem of him pulling over a chair and climbing into countertops in search of biscuits and crackers. The child has no fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

J slept 7.30pm to 7am last night.

I think someone has replaced my child with a changeling. It's nothing short of miraculous.

At 7 I put him into bed with me and we had a cuddle and a doze. Heaven :) have to go out in that miserable rain a and cold now and I'm debating staying in bed longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Do you ever have nights when you're so tired you cry at anything, get annoyed at silliest things, then get paranoid you're developing pnd n then I'm in the morning you feel fine n you wonder what the hell that was all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Spent too much time out of the house today.. Got home with 2 screaming babies to dog wee on the floor :-( A wouldn't eat anything I tried to feed her for dinner just kept crying - changed her nappy to discover the nastiest dirty nappy (no smell) and painful looking nappy rash. Had changed her frequently enough all day as she's teething! Eventually got her settled whilst trying to breastfeed C but she was fusing constantly! Whilst changing her nappy she poohed on the changing table and the projectile vomited everywhere. Got her clean and fed and fed myself. A wakes up screaming with a damp nappy and freezing cold cos she keeps taking her sleeping bag off takes half an hour to calm down and back to bed and now C is cluster feeding. I think it's going to be a long night.

Sorry for the rant!

Advertisement