Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    After two weeks of horrific red hard skin, I am willing to try most anything.

Burt's bees nappy ointment is also amazing if your stuck :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Trying a new sleep routine tonight, 1st dream feed seems to have gone well, he's done a bit of mooching and grumbling after it but I don't think he's awake yet.... He took two ounces, had six ounces two hours ago so I'm hoping he'll last till six. Here's hoping!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Trying a new sleep routine tonight, 1st dream feed seems to have gone well, he's done a bit of mooching and grumbling after it but I don't think he's awake yet.... He took two ounces, had six ounces two hours ago so I'm hoping he'll last till six. Here's hoping!

Six! He made it :) Happy mammy here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Six! He made it :) Happy mammy here!

What's the new routine nikpmup? Madam is doing two decent stretches at night but stays awake ages at the middle of the night feed(nearly 2 hrs last night!) Because of the reflux she is used to being upright and falling asleep in our arms :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

We love out dream feeds here. Meats gets us a long stretch. He didn't get one last night because we fell asleep early so he was awake at 3.30.

J is sleeping well at the moment but for some reason I can't. I'm knackered but lying awake until 1/2am every night. I'm a great sleeper normally so don't know where it's come from

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

We slept 10.30 to 9.30!!! She's awake giggling in her cot, not even looking for a bottle!!!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    We love out dream feeds here. Meats gets us a long stretch. He didn't get one last night because we fell asleep early so he was awake at 3.30.

J is sleeping well at the moment but for some reason I can't. I'm knackered but lying awake until 1/2am every night. I'm a great sleeper normally so don't know where it's come from

Your probably afraid to sleep because your anticipating baba waking. It sometimes feels easier staying awake than trying to pull yourself out of sleep :-(

Your probably afraid to sleep because your anticipating baba waking. It sometimes feels easier staying awake than trying to pull yourself out of sleep :-(

It's only been the last few days that I've been awake, the last month or so the baby has been sleeping 8pm to at least 4am with no problems so I'm not sure why I'm awake. Annoying!

Roesy wrote: »
    What's the new routine nikpmup? Madam is doing two decent stretches at night but stays awake ages at the middle of the night feed(nearly 2 hrs last night!) Because of the reflux she is used to being upright and falling asleep in our arms :-/

Well, he's just had a bottle there now, he last had one at six am. I'm going to try to keep him awake until as close to 3pm as I can, after his bottle at three he'll sleep until about 6. Bottle at 6.30, play/entertain him until as near to ten as I can, then bottle & down for the night. Dream feed at about midnight. Sleep till 6, bottle, sleep till 9/10am. He's been doing that the last two or three days, the feed at midnight (only 2oz before he proper passed out!) meant he slept till 6am instead of 4am.
    The reflux might be a problem for you giving her a dream feed, you'd have to look into it.

It's only been the last few days that I've been awake, the last month or so the baby has been sleeping 8pm to at least 4am with no problems so I'm not sure why I'm awake. Annoying!

Aw that's annoying :-( hopefully it will pass. Maybe a hot malt drink before bed?

Just out of curiosity is anyone on a 3 hour feeding schedule. I ask because I had my son on 4 hour and I always had to give him bottle late in the evening but on new baby I decided to try 3 hour and every single night since birth she has had last bottle at 7pm and got up between 7 and 8. Just wondering if it was a fluke or the 3 hour schedule worked lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My lo has been with her child minder for the first time alone since 10am in anticipation of me back to work on Monday.

I have gotten my hair done, cleaned the house from top to bottom, walked the dog and got some shopping in....... I had forgotten what it was like to be the master of your own day!! Such a strange feeling.

Miss her big time though :o gonna pick her up shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Digs wrote: »
    My lo has been with her child minder for the first time alone since 10am in anticipation of me back to work on Monday.

I have gotten my hair done, cleaned the house from top to bottom, walked the dog and got some shopping in....... I had forgotten what it was like to be the master of your own day!! Such a strange feeling.

Miss her big time though :o gonna pick her up shortly!

I remember that feeling first time I left J at creche, it was like half of me was missing, 11 months later and it still feels the same, miss him everyday im at work but i know he is good hands which helps a bit.

I hear ya digs! I have serious return to work blues. I did the whole new hair new clothes new make up shop on Friday but didn't make me feel any better about it lol

My mam takes the kiddies when I'm working though so it really eases the blow. It's easier to leave the babies with someone who loves them as much as you do.

Having a miserable day today. Totes emosh toddler here and I broke the key in the front door so we are trapped until my husband arrives home. I'm sitting here looking at the window wondering if I can fit the buggy out lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    After two weeks of horrific red hard skin, I am willing to try most anything.

If you're looking for an effective barrier cream once it's cleared up a bit, I've tried every cream going and the one that worked for my little lady was this sensitive cream from Boots: http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Baby-Sensitive-Bottom-Balm-1-x-100ml_1108716/

With the exception of Bepanthen, every other cream brings her out in an allergic rash and I found this to be more effective at preventing actual nappy rash than Bepanthen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I got Morhulin there today. I am about to use it. Hopefully it will help. I am also to use no wipes until she heals.

I just became that neighbour, you know the one shouting through the door and threatening to kill my child. Aidan came home from school and I was talking to the woman who drops him home outside the door, literally not even a foot from the door. He closed the door and LOCKED IT!!!!!!! I spent 20 minutes trying to get in. Thankfully we got in, but I am so mad, he is in the naughty corner until further notice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

What a day. S is cutting his eye-teeth and I think he has chicken pox (as he came out in a rash last night 5 days after playing with a child who broke out in pox the next day).

Fun fact - ibuprofen, the best medicine for teething pain, is not to be used when infected with chicken pox as it worsens the rash. Paracetamol is helping him with the pain but it's just not as good. :(

iguana wrote: »
    What a day. S is cutting his eye-teeth and I think he has chicken pox (as he came out in a rash last night 5 days after playing with a child who broke out in pox the next day).

Fun fact - ibuprofen, the best medicine for teething pain, is not to be used when infected with chicken pox as it worsens the rash. Paracetamol is helping him with the pain but it's just not as good. :(

Aww the poor little lamb. If he is really bad or has a temp paralink is the god of baby pain relief lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My babba is fast asleep on me....now I know it's cot time but I don't want to let go.....sleeping on mammy is a rarity....just doesn't fall asleep in arms. It is amazing how much love I have for this little person :-)

Aw that is lovely bp! It's such a gift!

I have had the longest day ever. Nothing different but for some reason I just feel wiped. Poor hubby comes in at 6 after working since 1 yesterday and straight through the night and all day today. He hasn't had a wink yet he gets the little guy to finish the dinner he wouldn't eat for me, unloads the dishwasher and has now taken him into bed for story time. I'm always giving out about him but I really am a lucky girl :-D

• Advertisement

bp wrote: »
    My babba is fast asleep on me....now I know it's cot time but I don't want to let go.....sleeping on mammy is a rarity....just doesn't fall asleep in arms. It is amazing how much love I have for this little person :-)

My baba is big into sleeping on me. I can get him to take 2 very long naps a day but only on me so I have to lie down too.

I actually love it, there is nothing nicer than having your baby cuddle in to you and you know they feel safe and happy. Also they're quiet which is nice. I'm always grateful for every cuddle. Enjoy every minute of yours!

Not in a good mood tonight! Was getting stuff ready for A's bath, had it all ready, about to go do the water n I'm told there's no hot water by the person standing there watching me get stuff ready, why didn't he say it at the start? Same person who decides to shout the minute he gets in the door! N then havin to justify wanting to give my child a bath tonight, but getting "I would just leave it til Saturday, you don't want to dry out her skin"! I give A a bath every second day, I'd give her one every day if I could because it's a time where I feel I am fully focused on her, it helps take my mind off things and calms us both down. Bah! Moody loubian!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

loubian wrote: »
    Not in a good mood tonight! Was getting stuff ready for A's bath, had it all ready, about to go do the water n I'm told there's no hot water by the person standing there watching me get stuff ready, why didn't he say it at the start? Same person who decides to shout the minute he gets in the door! N then havin to justify wanting to give my child a bath tonight, but getting "I would just leave it til Saturday, you don't want to dry out her skin"! I give A a bath every second day, I'd give her one every day if I could because it's a time where I feel I am fully focused on her, it helps take my mind off things and calms us both down. Bah! Moody loubian!

You poor thing :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

It's probably too late tonight, but I sometimes filled the baby bath with the kettle and a few jugs of cold water.

Ah Christ. They have their uses but my god somedays they can make your blood boil lol would you give her a wee sink bath and use a bit of kettle water?

Have you got one of those little mamas and papas snug chairs? I take the rubber from the inside and sit it in the sink so she can sit with out being held and I can get in there properly lol I stick her little play tray off it on the side of the sink aswell to keep her amused.

Got our bath time! She's asleep in my arms and I've calmed down! Watching the marks and spencers food ad and thinking gimme gimme gimme!!

Boiling a kettle is a good idea! We bath J every night, just for his routine. Definitely helps him sleep better. No way does it dry out his skin. Tell them to feck off!

I'm annoyed tonight because despite giving birth 5.5 months ago my hair is still coming out in huge clumps. I thought post pregnancy hair loss was supposed to happen at three months for a few weeks but I'll be bald the rate I'm going. There's hair everywhere! Also I can't wear it down because J loves to pull it and he's so strong that it really hurts. So it always looks a bit crap as well!

Boiling a kettle is a good idea! We bath J every night, just for his routine. Definitely helps him sleep better. No way does it dry out his skin. Tell them to feck off!

I'm annoyed tonight because despite giving birth 5.5 months ago my hair is still coming out in huge clumps. I thought post pregnancy hair loss was supposed to happen at three months for a few weeks but I'll be bald the rate I'm going. There's hair everywhere! Also I can't wear it down because J loves to pull it and he's so strong that it really hurts. So it always looks a bit crap as well!

Do you have other children! I was told the more babies you have the longer it goes on. mine at 7 months its still coming out and growing back at the same time . It's hilarious. Myself and the hairdresser were having great Craic laughing at it on Friday :-D silica is your man! Took silica after my son was born and my hair was thick and shiny and my skin was glowing and my nails were great. There is a warning though. If your prone to facial hair stay away lol my sister doesn't have any noticeable facial hair but the silica gave her some whiskers. It did stop when she stopped taking it though.

No, no other kids -just the one. I've long, dark hair which just makes it worse! Someone else suggested that mane and tail horse shampoo stuff but I'm not sure about it. I'll look into Silica!

The hair loss isn't noticeable I'm just sick of all the effing hair everywhere!

• Advertisement

No, no other kids -just the one. I've long, dark hair which just makes it worse! Someone else suggested that mane and tail horse shampoo stuff but I'm not sure about it. I'll look into Silica!

The hair loss isn't noticeable I'm just sick of all the effing hair everywhere!

That's no so bad so! I have all these little new tufts everywhere. It's so weird. The main and tail is really great for thickening it but doesn't help with new growth. You can get silica in health food shops or boots do 3 for 2 on it.

Advertisement