Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am onto no2 and I am going to see if any hairdressers can take me tomorrow with a buggy. But I am so scared, I genuinely think there are clumps missing. That and I found a grey hair. I am not pleased :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I am onto no2 and I am going to see if any hairdressers can take me tomorrow with a buggy. But I am so scared, I genuinely think there are clumps missing. That and I found a grey hair. I am not pleased :(

Let us know how you get on :-). The hairdresser said he would give me a Sinead o Connor ha ha some indication of how bad it is. I told him I don't know if my husband would still fancy me with a big lumpy head so we stuck a fringe in instead to cover the new tufts a bit

Let us know how you get on :-). The hairdresser said he would give me a Sinead o Connor ha ha some indication of how bad it is. I told him I don't know if my husband would still fancy me with a big lumpy head so we stuck a fringe in instead to cover the new tufts a bit

I know for a fact my guy liked O'Connor back in the day. But I doubt that would look good for the Christening.

I know for a fact my guy liked O'Connor back in the day. But I doubt that would look good for the Christening.

Haha I didn't have a blade of hair for my sons christening. Still can't look at the pictures. Learned from that mistake and had current little one christened at 7 weeks. When is the big day?

Haha I didn't have a blade of hair for my sons christening. Still can't look at the pictures. Learned from that mistake and had current little one christened at 7 weeks. When is the big day?

December 14th. I need to sort something to wear too. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Slept 12-8. Score :D

December 14th. I need to sort something to wear too. :/

Awww that's a lovely time of year for a celebration. Lucky for you it's party dress season too :-D debenhams are great for occasion wear! I never step foot inside the place unless I have a wedding or christening or need new shoes :-P

Ok I wasn't happy about going back to work until I logged into my airtricity and seen my November bill. I'm actually embarrassed about this usage graph ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

nikpmup wrote: »
    Slept 12-8. Score :D

Woohoo :-)

Im a bit jealous though. T feeds every 4-4.5 hours without fail and will sleep for 2 hours in between. The longest we ever got was 5 hours!

I believe this will change.... :-) Positive Mental Attitude !!

Woohoo :-)

Im a bit jealous though. T feeds every 4-4.5 hours without fail and will sleep for 2 hours in between. The longest we ever got was 5 hours!

I believe this will change.... :-) Positive Mental Attitude !!

It will...at some point it has to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Looking forward to packing away my maternity clothes. Mentioned I was doing it today and the oh looked wistful. He's already making 'jokes' about no.2. Little miss is only 3 weeks old!

Ok I wasn't happy about going back to work until I logged into my airtricity and seen my November bill. I'm actually embarrassed about this usage graph ...

I had normal bills all last winter, most were actual readings, then in April a 800e one. I only finished the whole debacle recently. I know your pain.

I had normal bills all last winter, most were actual readings, then in April a 800e one. I only finished the whole debacle recently. I know your pain.

My jaw hit the floor lol I'm on the average billing though so I pay the same amount every month. I was paying around 100 euro more than I was using throughout the summer so that covered some of it ha ha it has pushed my monthly payment up for the next 4 months by 90 euro though :-O I'll be making everyone sit in darkness and eat salads for the rest of the winter :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm dreading my next bill.

I get a gas bill every two months and a elec bill every two months but they're staggered so it's one bill per month. The last elec bill was a lot more than last year but the gas wasn't too bad. I've had the heating on a good bit so the next gas will won't be so nice. Also, the amount of washing I do plus the fact a heater is on in J's room all night (but only comes on intermittently) means the next elec bill is going to be a shocker.

It just needs to be paid though, a warm house is something I'm willing to pay for. Luckily our place isn't too bad.

Roesy wrote: »
    Looking forward to packing away my maternity clothes. Mentioned I was doing it today and the oh looked wistful. He's already making 'jokes' about no.2. Little miss is only 3 weeks old!

He sounds like me! I'm jealous of women with bumps, calculating when we can get cracking again!

I'm also jealous of all the bumps because I know I'm done now! Won't be going again :-(

Murdywurdy your dead right! It's worth it for sure and I'm a cold soul so I need the heating blaring. I also keep immersion on round the clock because I hate running out of hot water. It's literally on 24/7 :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm also jealous of all the bumps because I know I'm done now! Won't be going again :-(

Murdywurdy your dead right! It's worth it for sure and I'm a cold soul so I need the heating blaring. I also keep immersion on round the clock because I hate running out of hot water. It's literally on 24/7 :-/

There's nothing worse than not having hot water when you want!

I'd like another one but I hated being pregnant. It was horrible. I'm dreading doing it again and spending the first 5 months vomiting, feeling nauseous and going into hospital to go on drips. I'd happily give birth again, it's the pregnancy that scares me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I have a 19 month old girl and 24 weeks pregnant with no 2 ( a boy) . Always wanted 3. OH not sure.
    Had morning sickness for about 4 months with no 1 but was fine after that.
    This time had rarely any sickness but have bad spd. Im off work 3 weeks now.
    I cant sleep, cant stand or walk far and cant sit too long.
    Had physio wens where she had to try put my pelvis back in a bit as it was twisted out of place.
    Now have a lovely belt and a crutch.
    And god knows how ill get through labour and birth ( possible section if things get worse) .
    Told OH last night. Im done.
    Its so difficult to try do anything with my daughter. I feel guilty i cant play as much with her or cant carry her. Even just run after her and swoop her up and tiggle her like i used to.
    I cant imagine going through another pregnancy with 2 kids.
    (Time will tell)

Suucee wrote: »
    I have a 19 month old girl and 24 weeks pregnant with no 2 ( a boy) . Always wanted 3. OH not sure.
    Had morning sickness for about 4 months with no 1 but was fine after that.
    This time had rarely any sickness but have bad spd. Im off work 3 weeks now.
    I cant sleep, cant stand or walk far and cant sit too long.
    Had physio wens where she had to try put my pelvis back in a bit as it was twisted out of place.
    Now have a lovely belt and a crutch.
    And god knows how ill get through labour and birth ( possible section if things get worse) .
    Told OH last night. Im done.
    Its so difficult to try do anything with my daughter. I feel guilty i cant play as much with her or cant carry her. Even just run after her and swoop her up and tiggle her like i used to.
    I cant imagine going through another pregnancy with 2 kids.
    (Time will tell)

God girls I feel your pain. Was sick as a dog for 9 months on both. It wasn't morning sickness as originally thought though. When I ate I'd get excruciating pains worse than labour. It was much worse second pregnancy. I need a scope to find out for sure what it is as it hasn't gone away after baby number 2 (but is much milder now) I also had spd on both which is no surprise because I'm a teeny thing and I was having contractions and shows from 33 weeks admitted for steroid injections etc etc great prep for labour though because I sailed through that ha ha was the easiest part of the whole ordeal. My mam reckons she is leaving the country if I get pregnant again because it's too stressful ha ha trying to manage a two year old on the second pregnancy was doable but very hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We want at least 2... I'd love 3 in theory but if we don't move house, we physically couldn't fit them in! The little boy is 1 at the end of feb and I'm going to start trying for number 2 around jan. it took us a long time to concieve on number 1 so I'm worried it might take as long again. I must admit I'm terrified having two smallies as I didn't find life with my first baby all that easy.

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    We want at least 2... I'd love 3 in theory but if we don't move house, we physically couldn't fit them in! The little boy is 1 at the end of feb and I'm going to start trying for number 2 around jan. it took us a long time to concieve on number 1 so I'm worried it might take as long again. I must admit I'm terrified having two smallies as I didn't find life with my first baby all that easy.

Im excited for you for the moment you realise how easy number 2 is. It's a great moment !'m in my element this time around. A lot less stressing about what I'm doing and actually just doing and enjoying. It's a different ball game all together. People kept saying to me how much easier it is but I was still freaking thinking I wouldn't be able to manage both. For some reason I'm finding having two easier than one lol even getting more showers this time around :-P

To go off topic for a minute I would like to announce I'm a proud mammy today . Little man had a nap in his boxers with no accidents! Hooray !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

To go off topic for a minute I would like to announce I'm a proud mammy today . Little man had a nap in his boxers with no accidents! Hooray !

Wheyhey!! I still can't believe how proud you can be as a mammy. There are moments when I've been fit to burst over the smallest thing :)

Delighted you said it's not too bad with 2. I'm only back to work and I'm already planning my next 9 month escape!!

Congrats, potty training is one of the more difficult milestones IMO, it took my guy 2 years to even bother trying. He was 4 when he got it.

I find 2 is fine too, you realise that you cannot control everything. I am far more mellowed this time.

Congrats, potty training is one of the more difficult milestones IMO, it took my guy 2 years to even bother trying. He was 4 when he got it.

I find 2 is fine too, you realise that you cannot control everything. I am far more mellowed this time.

Your so right wolfpawnat you can't control everything and when you finally realise that you feel so much more free. I was an over parent as people called me on my first and it took a horrible accident with my son when I was pregnant for me to realise that. He went from sitting beside on a chair one minute to on deaths door a second later. Even with me being all over the child I couldn't stop that happening.

Yellow hen the great thing about number two is that you don't have that whole life adjustment. I don't know if I'm the only one but on number one I really struggled with how much I didn't recognise my life. I wasn't sad about it but the change just made me feel very anxious. I can't really explain it. On number two I came home from the hospital and finished cleaning the fridge I was cleaning the day I went into labour. It was business as usual lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I had bad spd first time round was told I'd have to have the epi for birth but had the fastest labour and no relief of any sort. Now with a 7 month old I'm 5 months pregnant. My spd never fully subsided between given birth and gettin pregnant and iv had a few wobbles thinkin I can't get through this. But then realise I'm lucky as I was told I'd never have kids.

On the other hand people expect that pregnant women should put up with any kinda pain during pregnancy. As my doctor said 'everything has its price' so headaches all the time are part and parcel which I didn't have first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Is your doctor a man? That sounds like something someone who has never had to deal with the aches and pains of pregnancy would say to me!! I feel for you- its so tough being in constant pain! My back/pelvis still isnt healed after my pregnancy/birth and seb will be one next month! Im in physio for the third time since being pregnant! Im more scared of being in intense pain again daily during pregnancy than labour or any of that jazz....that ends haha!

I had bad spd first time round was told I'd have to have the epi for birth but had the fastest labour and no relief of any sort. Now with a 7 month old I'm 5 months pregnant. My spd never fully subsided between given birth and gettin pregnant and iv had a few wobbles thinkin I can't get through this. But then realise I'm lucky as I was told I'd never have kids.

On the other hand people expect that pregnant women should put up with any kinda pain during pregnancy. As my doctor said 'everything has its price' so headaches all the time are part and parcel which I didn't have first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

I'd like another one but I hated being pregnant. It was horrible. I'm dreading doing it again and spending the first 5 months vomiting, feeling nauseous and going into hospital to go on drips. I'd happily give birth again, it's the pregnancy that scares me!

I never thought I'd say this but I feel the exact same! The thought of labour and birth always terrified but now looking back, it was a piece of p*ss compared to the pregnancy. I still get chills remembering of the mega-vomits. Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Oh my god! My child is asleep and STUPID DRUNKEN people are slamming doors and shouting!! I need to get my own place!!!

• Advertisement

Why is it that the first year I miss the toy show is the first year I have my own child?! :D

Advertisement