Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Rachineire wrote: »
    Is your doctor a man? That sounds like something someone who has never had to deal with the aches and pains of pregnancy would say to me!! I feel for you- its so tough being in constant pain! My back/pelvis still isnt healed after my pregnancy/birth and seb will be one next month! Im in physio for the third time since being pregnant! Im more scared of being in intense pain again daily during pregnancy than labour or any of that jazz....that ends haha!

Ah dont so that about it not being healed . Im so looking forward to the day i can move without fear of clicking . Never had anything like this with no 1. Was cycling a go kart at 41 weeks trying to get her moving and now at 24 weeks can hardly walk without a crutch.

I was seeing a male gp in my doc surgery and i got fed up of comments like that too.
    They really have no idea.

What keeps me going is my gorgeous lil madam. Just today while i had her lying on tge couch to change her bum i was rubbing my fingers across her belly so softly (which she LOVES) when she stretched up, silently and gently put her 2 hands on my 2 cheeks and pulled me down for a kiss.
    My mother nearly melted with the cuteness of her. (As did i)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

nikpmup wrote: »
    Why is it that the first year I miss the toy show is the first year I have my own child?! :D

I missed it aswell. Worse than missing mass ha ha my little man didn't stay up for it so I watched piers and alan Carr instead lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yep was male doctor. The nurse was no better she used to be a midwife and took her 3 weeks to confirm the pregnancy and she gives you back your pee pot that's already used a joke.. Found a new doctor this week and in minutes a letter was in the post sayin urgent need for physio. Been asking for weeks and nothin was done. And my sons ears are at him been sayin it weeks and nothin now it's been treated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Why is it that the first year I miss the toy show is the first year I have my own child?! :D

I watched it last night, baby asleep in bed, and of course the one time mammy stays up after mid-night we wake up crying before seven and of course I cannot get back to sleep

bp wrote: »
    I watched it last night, baby asleep in bed, and of course the one time mammy stays up after mid-night we wake up crying before seven and of course I cannot get back to sleep

Oh god. I shouldn't have stayed up so late myself either. Little man is full of beans here and I can't keep up. I suppose it's good practice for work on Monday because I start at 8 and I've gotten used to sleeping till 8 :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this but I feel the exact same! The thought of labour and birth always terrified but now looking back, it was a piece of p*ss compared to the pregnancy. I still get chills remembering of the mega-vomits. Ugh!

I've actually been getting vomit flashbacks recently - because this is the time of year when I was really bad. It's really not very nice.

Labour was definitely a piece of piss compared to pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I've actually been getting vomit flashbacks recently - because this is the time of year when I was really bad. It's really not very nice.

Labour was definitely a piece of piss compared to pregnancy!

It's been much easier this time round for me. Still puking but not as severely: no pulled muscles, no burst blood vessels in my eyes, no vomiting blood etc :) and no overnight hospital stays, just about! By 25 weeks last time I'd had 4/5 and spent close on a full month in hospital.

Labour is definitely definitely easier than pregnancy! Although nappies and puking is hard ;)

cyning wrote: »
    It's been much easier this time round for me. Still puking but not as severely: no pulled muscles, no burst blood vessels in my eyes, no vomiting blood etc :) and no overnight hospital stays, just about! By 25 weeks last time I'd had 4/5 and spent close on a full month in hospital.

Labour is definitely definitely easier than pregnancy! Although nappies and puking is hard ;)

I agree about the nappy thing. I couldn't cope with my sons nappies when I was pregnant. He had a vomiting bug for a week about this time last year and I was 4 months pregnant! It was awful cleaning up his explosive diarrhoea and puke while I was feeling so rotten!!!! Ugggh the joys of motherhood! I'll pay them both back in my
    Old age no doubt ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I work as a carer, and I was really worried that the unpleasant aspects of my job would be hard to deal with with MS - it turned out nappies, poo etc were no problem. The only thing that turned my stomach was food - the look, the smell, and eating. So I'm *hopeful* that I'll be able to deal with pongy nappies while pregnant with #2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I was teaching a class of 31 senior infants this year whilst pregnant. There were a couple of times I thought the poor kids would see me vomit in the bin. There was one child who had a nose that used run like a tap and was incapable of flushing the toilet after a poo and used call me to get me to do it! I had to turn towards the board whilst empty retching or 'get something from the back of the room'. Spilt yogurt in lunch boxes was bad too. Ideally would like to be teaching an older class next time.

• Advertisement

It's always nice to hear people had it easier second time around. My mum had the same sickness as me and had babies 18 months apart. She basically had to move in with my granny on her second pregnancy so I've warned her that she may have to do that for me! I do get flashbacks of being that sick and there are certain places I can't go because I remember being violently sick there because of a smell or something! There were times I thought I was going to die, as melodramatic as that sounds.

The last 3/4 months of my pregnancy were fine, no problems whatsoever and I didn't find labour that stressful, it's just the first 5/6 months that were bad. I gave up work at about 22/23 weeks last time so maybe if I'm not working this time and have help with J it will be easier. Even though it was awful it was worth it. J is a healthy, happy baby and brings a lot of joy.

He did have silent reflux though so we had a bad first few months. I'm not thrilled about being that knackered again.

I'd still like another one though, isn't biology weird that way?

I'd still like another one though, isn't biology weird that way?

It certainly is! We always talked of having ours close together, I was discussing #2 before I left the hospital!! The PHN nearly had a stroke when I mentioned #2 - I think she thought I was going to get cracking straight away!
    I think I'd like about 18 months between them, that would mean getting pregnant next June or July. It would be hard work there's no doubt, but I don't want to leave it any later - 18 months would mean I'd be nearly 40 having #2, if we wanted 3 I'd be pushing it I think.

It certainly is! We always talked of having ours close together, I was discussing #2 before I left the hospital!! The PHN nearly had a stroke when I mentioned #2 - I think she thought I was going to get cracking straight away!
    I think I'd like about 18 months between them, that would mean getting pregnant next June or July. It would be hard work there's no doubt, but I don't want to leave it any later - 18 months would mean I'd be nearly 40 having #2, if we wanted 3 I'd be pushing it I think.

Yeah, I guess you need to take age into account sometimes too, depending on your circumstances. I reckon you'd have 3 no bother though!

I'm 29 so I have a bit of time but I think we'll try for another when J is about 18 months old, so maybe after Christmas 2014 (being pregnant and violently I'll last Christnas was awful. I'm not doing that again!) We want 2 so I'll be done then - unless one of us gets really broody again and decides a third is a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm just reading your posts and its just dawned on me that I have been horribly nauseous for the last two days with no appetite. Having said that my body is sore and weary so I was just putting it down to being rundown in my first week back at work. Now I'm beginning to wonder though........

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm just reading your posts and its just dawned on me that I have been horribly nauseous for the last two days with no appetite. Having said that my body is sore and weary so I was just putting it down to being rundown in my first week back at work. Now I'm beginning to wonder though........

Lol yellow hen that happened to me. We were trying but because we were co sleeping we had only actually got one shot so didn't really expect much and then 5 weeks later one of my colleagues asked me "how are you?" And I just came out omg I don't feel good this is very familiar. Sure enough I was pregnant lol

The one thing to remember when your having them close together is that there is a big difference between one and a half and two and a half. My little man was much easier to handle when I got pregnant than he is now ha ha

It's all doable though. My mam had a baby 3 January's in a row so ended up with a 0yr old 1 yr old and 2 yr old ha ha god love her but she managed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yeah, I guess you need to take age into account sometimes too, depending on your circumstances. I reckon you'd have 3 no bother though!

I'm 29 so I have a bit of time but I think we'll try for another when J is about 18 months old, so maybe after Christmas 2014 (being pregnant and violently I'll last Christnas was awful. I'm not doing that again!) We want 2 so I'll be done then - unless one of us gets really broody again and decides a third is a good idea!

I was pregnant for 5 hens, 5 weddings (including my brothers), Christmas, New years, Paddys day, Easter and my birthday. By the day I had her I felt I had been pregnant for about 5 years. I plan on being nice and tipsy this Christmas :D

Lol I hear ya. I seemed to have a tonne of weddings when I was pregnant. I was actually in Spain for a wedding when I found out I was pregnant on my first. My wedding anniversary is New Years aswell so I'm making up for it this year. I'm looking forward to all the nice cheese and pate I couldn't have more than the booze though. Love my food. Just rang in an order for collection from TGIs and it can't get in my belly quick enough :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Gettin depressed thinkin about another Christmas without a glass of wine. Or an Irish coffee even hot whiskey. I'm not a big drinker but visiting family there's always a drink in each house and like last year I'll be the uncomfortable driver while hubby is nice and merry!! I said last Christmas I'm lookin forward to this one with no bump. I swear hubby got me drunk just to get me pregnant to annoy me (even he ain't that clever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Lol. I'm dreading this Christmas without a good aul booze up! I swear I'm not an alco. But I just love Christmas and I LOVE the nights out! Everyone's in such good form. And everyone's back home. Last year I planned my pregnancy In order to give birth before Xmas! Lol. Low and behold I had a November baby! If it hadnt happened that way we probably would've waited the few months till after Xmas to try again. Gosh I know that sounds terrible and very silly!

This time I couldn't have cared less as my body was just saying. Get pregnant now! Get pregnant now! So we did. And now even tho i still can't wait for Xmas with our little family.... I still WISH I was able to go out one night for it. I'll just have to get all the details after hubby's night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I was about 5/6 weeks pregnant for Christmas two years ago. I had offered to have my whole family and in laws up for dinner on New years day. I only found out i was expecting a few days before hand and had told nobody. I was so so sick and having to cook, serve and eat a bloody 3 course meal was torture!!! I sat on the couch to watch a movie with all of them and woke up two hours later :)

I'm gonna bring this thread back to its roots with a moan! Arrrrg watching Ben and Holly on a Saturday night trying to get this little messer to sleep! It's not all bad . Ben and Holly is actually pretty amusing. That peppa pig is a nightmare though. Grrrr

My lovely OH has sent me out the door for my first night out, with the instruction that I've to have a great night and he'll mind baba tonight and tomorrow and that I have to enjoy myself, but I have SERIOUS mammy guilt!! Must appease it with a couple of vodkas ;)

Re Christmas, I work as a carer so I do shift work - this will be the first Christmas in I don't know how long I'm really looking forward to!
    (A) I'll be off for the whole season - instead of off Xmas eve and Stephens' day but in Xmas day, or off Xmas day but working 13 hour shifts every other day over the two weeks; I'll actually be off Xmas eve, day, Stephens day, NYE, NYD... The lot
    (B) I have my own family this year - last year I had a lovely boyfriend, the year before that I was on my own, two years before that was the first Christmas after the death of my husband and it was utterly horrible. I'm counting every blessing this year, I really am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

My lovely OH has sent me out the door for my first night out, with the instruction that I've to have a great night and he'll mind baba tonight and tomorrow and that I have to enjoy myself, but I have SERIOUS mammy guilt!! Must appease it with a couple of vodkas ;)

Re Christmas, I work as a carer so I do shift work - this will be the first Christmas in I don't know how long I'm really looking forward to!
    (A) I'll be off for the whole season - instead of off Xmas eve and Stephens' day but in Xmas day, or off Xmas day but working 13 hour shifts every other day over the two weeks; I'll actually be off Xmas eve, day, Stephens day, NYE, NYD... The lot
    (B) I have my own family this year - last year I had a lovely boyfriend, the year before that I was on my own, two years before that was the first Christmas after the death of my husband and it was utterly horrible. I'm counting every blessing this year, I really am :)

Have a great night out and a lovely Christmas! It sounds like you really deserve it :)...and here's me going on about not getting a night out..... :o

Your OH is right! You go out and enjoy. You spent 9 months growing a little life and worked hard to bring LO safely into the world. Well deserved night out! I went to a festival 4 weeks after my LO was born. I seen it as my reward lol and I was back before 12 that night. It's my thing. I love gigs and go every few months but the last one I went to was Jack White when I was 3 months pregnant and then had to stop that. I'm not into nightclubs or anything so hubby has golf and I have gigs.

It's important to do the things you like to do occasionally and baby will be asleep for the best part of the time your out :-)

Enjoy the night nikpmup.

Little miss has been quite off form today and has only been taking little cat naps instead of her usual decent sleeps during the day. She was definitely overtired but conked around 9 and myself and my husband decided to live wildly and catch up on a couple of episodes of homeland instead of going to bed. Headed for bed around 10.45 and guess who decided to wake the minute we turned off the light! Husband has taken her off to feed her but I can hear her grousing from here and now my boobs are killing me. Hope she's goes back down quickly. Shouldn't really complain as she was only up once during the night last night. Get the feeling we won't be so lucky tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

So apparently my left shoulder is the comfiest place to sleep and the only place C is sleeping tonight! Scared to even try and move her incase she cries and wakes A up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Was out celebrating, was home by 11.30 and not even half way to tipsy, yet I've been up all night vomiting :-( thankfully A is sleeping through me getting up and down, don't think I'd be able to deal with a teething 4 month old while vomiting! I was drinking kopperberg strawberry and lime, I know kopperberg doesn't agree with my stomach but it was so darn tasty, and I didn't actually have that much! Never again though! Gonna stick to what I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Had just got C back down after her 3.00 feed was nipping to the bathroom and got greeted by an overwhelming smell of vomit coming from A's room :-( so after a shower, several changes of pj's and sheets and sleeping bags I'm back in bed and C is starting to stir again! Gotta love being a mum!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Enjoy the night nikpmup.

Little miss has been quite off form today and has only been taking little cat naps instead of her usual decent sleeps during the day. She was definitely overtired but conked around 9 and myself and my husband decided to live wildly and catch up on a couple of episodes of homeland instead of going to bed. Headed for bed around 10.45 and guess who decided to wake the minute we turned off the light! Husband has taken her off to feed her but I can hear her grousing from here and now my boobs are killing me. Hope she's goes back down quickly. Shouldn't really complain as she was only up once during the night last night. Get the feeling we won't be so lucky tonight.

11.30-6.05! The little legend is back to sleep again since about 6.30 but is snuffling away and tossing and turning so I doubt she'll stay down much longer.

Advertisement