Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Roesy wrote: »
    11.30-6.05! The little legend is back to sleep again since about 6.30 but is snuffling away and tossing and turning so I doubt she'll stay down much longer.

Congratulations on a good night! I crashed out watching Ben and Holly with my little guy. We all got to 9 am today. Still tired though ?!?

loubian wrote: »
    Was out celebrating, was home by 11.30 and not even half way to tipsy, yet I've been up all night vomiting :-( thankfully A is sleeping through me getting up and down, don't think I'd be able to deal with a teething 4 month old while vomiting! I was drinking kopperberg strawberry and lime, I know kopperberg doesn't agree with my stomach but it was so darn tasty, and I didn't actually have that much! Never again though! Gonna stick to what I know!

I call vodka soda and lime the mammy drink! No hangover. Have all my mammy friends converted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I call vodka soda and lime the mammy drink! No hangover. Have all my mammy friends converted!

Rehydrating instead of dehydrating with the soda water. I like it!

Roesy wrote: »
    Rehydrating instead of dehydrating with the soda water. I like it!

Exactly! And then an alka seltzer as soon as you wake to be on the safe side lol

You can also do with Bacardi. Years ago Bacardi did bottles of it called Bacardi rigo. I'm the only one in the world that remembers apparently but it was really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Will have to try that from now on! Even bulmers has me feeling dodgy! Just not worth it when you've a young child to look after!

• Advertisement

Will have to try that from now on! Even bulmers has me feeling dodgy! Just not worth it when you've a young child to look after!

After I had my son I went out on work nights because it was easier to go to work after a night out than look after him lol a lot of people in my circle have started drinking west coast cooler on night out aswell and it's great to spend the night on the cusp of tipsy. You don't seem to pass that line into complete leglessness when drinking it lol. We just have to face it... Were getting older... god when I was in college I was out every night and well able for it (I was a dj so it wasn't my fault :-P) just couldn't do that garbage anymore even if I wanted to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was out on Friday night for my work Christmas party. I came home at 2am but stopped drinking at midnight but I still feel wrecked today. I came home to find A awake, hungry and full of beans. It's just not worth it.

Vodka and slimline is my preferred drink and I'd rarely have a hangover from it but it's expensive. Most times I get out I just have 2-3 glasses of beer or Guinness. 3 seems to be my limit anyway unless it's vodka. I go over the tipsy line into sort of drunk on the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I thankfully am blessed when I do drink I dont have a limit I start to drink myself sober and never get hangovers even drinking red wine all night but the hubby is shockin bad with hangovers...

My little man had a week of great sleep and last night woke every hour and half thinkin he wanted bottle only to drink an ounce.. come 4 am thought it was time to get up and I took him into bed had him asleep by 5 and put him back into cot and he slept till half 8. there will always be nights like that normally has bottle back to sleep on his own in the cot. And all week no dummy during the night its been heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I came home to a screaming baby last night....convinced my hubby put the baby up to it so mammy will stay in!!!!! Then needed two hours of cuddles before sleeping :-( poor mite! Baby cried, mammy cried but now we are all happy again!

I've had those nights and days before.. Then its usually when its just mammy at home when it kicks off :(

on an up note (even though its a week early) we put up our xmas tree and J loved the box it all came in.. no interest in the tree at all
    Tired now though everything else can be done during the week.. Anyone else got theres up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I've had those nights and days before.. Then its usually when its just mammy at home when it kicks off :(

on an up note (even though its a week early) we put up our xmas tree and J loved the box it all came in.. no interest in the tree at all
    Tired now though everything else can be done during the week.. Anyone else got theres up?

We are thinking next weekend! I have a feeling crawling baby plus Christmas tree is a recipe for disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Digs wrote: »
    We are thinking next weekend! I have a feeling crawling baby plus Christmas tree is a recipe for disaster!

My sister has a playpen that's a hexagon shape, she put the tree in it! Or it put it around the tree, one way or another it kept tempting shiny baubles away from pudgy hands!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My sister has a playpen that's a hexagon shape, she put the tree in it! Or it put it around the tree, one way or another it kept tempting shiny baubles away from pudgy hands!

That is certainly better than my husbands idea of dressing the tree from the middle up and leaving the bottom bare :)

That is certainly better than my husbands idea of dressing the tree from the middle up and leaving the bottom bare :)

Ha ha I had that idea too. Little mam was very good first two Christmases. He was January baby so nearly one for his first. This year I think will be different so the candy canes are going from the middle up to be sure. I usually put sand in the tree bucket to keep it down but I'd say there will be spades out if I try that this year lol

My clever 7 and half month old is able get himself out of his walker has given me heart failure a load of times so nothin is keeping tree safe. He gives up every so often then remembers it again.

My clever 7 and half month old is able get himself out of his walker has given me heart failure a load of times so nothin is keeping tree safe. He gives up every so often then remembers it again.

Ha ha they run rings around you! My son was crying in the cot one morning so I went in to get him and he met me at the door crawling out with a big grin! Couldn't even walk at this stage so god only knows how he got out of the cot

Ha ha I had that idea too. Little mam was very good first two Christmases. He was January baby so nearly one for his first. This year I think will be different so the candy canes are going from the middle up to be sure. I usually put sand in the tree bucket to keep it down but I'd say there will be spades out if I try that this year lol

I am holding out no hope for our poor tree, she is such a nosey rosey. Everytime we think we've put anything she could possibly put her hands on up high she surprises us. The tree is definitely gonna get it.

Starting new job tomorrow. I feel sick!!

Oh don't say that. I dropped the base of the cot to the lowest I know he'll figure it out though.

I feel for you hard enough starting new job but having to leave kiddies too. I can't leave Jack yet. But been 5 months pregnant it will be awhile yet before I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

A was 7 months last year and we had the tree in a corner beside a couch so between the couch and fire gaurd it was out of reach. She wasnt crawling so that helped.
    This year it will go in the same corner but at 19 months if she wants to get at it i dont think there will be much stopping her. Will find out next week.
    Cant wait to bring her to santa. Got a lovely pic last year she had a huge smile on her face.
    I wonder what she will be like this year.

I am holding out no hope for our poor tree, she is such a nosey rosey. Everytime we think we've put anything she could possibly put her hands on up high she surprises us. The tree is definitely gonna get it.

Starting new job tomorrow. I feel sick!!

Oh god are you nervous? I'm going back to my old job tomorrow but I wish I was going to a new one lol

• Advertisement

Oh don't say that. I dropped the base of the cot to the lowest I know he'll figure it out though.

I feel for you hard enough starting new job but having to leave kiddies too. I can't leave Jack yet. But been 5 months pregnant it will be awhile yet before I do

The cot was at its lowest but I did find all his blankets shoved in the corner so I'm guessing he built himself a little hill to help ha ha

Omg so weird I was talking about finding out I was pregnant in Spain. The day I found out I ran into joe swash in an Irish bar and now he just appeared on my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck tomorrow digs!

I have been sick since Friday...I just feel totally rotten and haven't the energy to look after the little man at all. Just to top it off, he's cutting his first tooth and in horrendous form. I really don't know if I can make it to work tomorrow but I feel I can't ring in sick when I'm only back in work 4 days! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I do get flashbacks of being that sick and there are certain places I can't go because I remember being violently sick there because of a smell or something! There were times I thought I was going to die, as melodramatic as that sounds.

Yup, I get that. I even remember thinking I'd happily take a bullet to the head if offered! Anything to make the nausea stop.

What is the typical behavior of a bubba cutting a tooth? So I know what to look out for. A has started making this grunting noise, it sounds like she's constipated, so she either is or she is grunting in pain from her teeth. I feel so clueless sometimes :-( plus she has her 4 month vaccine tomorrow :-(

What is the typical behavior of a bubba cutting a tooth? So I know what to look out for. A has started making this grunting noise, it sounds like she's constipated, so she either is or she is grunting in pain from her teeth. I feel so clueless sometimes :-( plus she has her 4 month vaccine tomorrow :-(

A lot of people attribute grunting to constipation but it's also a symptom of reflux. If baba has reflux and is teething the grunting can get worse from swallowing all that lovely drool

Nervous isn't the word Emma! I really have wanted this job for a long time so I'm anxious to make a good impression... Have no idea how it's going to go coupled with having to leave her nibs I just hope I'm not an emotional mess on my first day!

YH that's lousy! Hope you feel better soon. I found when Ls bottom teeth came through she turned into an absolute demon, the actual cutting of the teeth was bad for us so you have my full sympathies! She has her top two now and it wasn't half as bad so maybe she's used to it!

A lot of people attribute grunting to constipation but it's also a symptom of reflux. If baba has reflux and is teething the grunting can get worse from swallowing all that lovely drool

I've been thinking she might have silent reflux.. I hear her getting sick and swallowing it, that's a symptom too? Why would gruntiny be associated with reflux?

Nervous isn't the word Emma! I really have wanted this job for a long time so I'm anxious to make a good impression... Have no idea how it's going to go coupled with having to leave her nibs I just hope I'm not an emotional mess on my first day!

YH that's lousy! Hope you feel better soon. I found when Ls bottom teeth came through she turned into an absolute demon, the actual cutting of the teeth was bad for us so you have my full sympathies! She has her top two now and it wasn't half as bad so maybe she's used to it!

Aw you got the job for a reason so I'm sure you will play a blinder. It is really hard starting a new job though and finding your feet. Hopefully all your colleagues are lovely and help you settle in fast :-D

• Advertisement

I've been thinking she might have silent reflux.. I hear her getting sick and swallowing it, that's a symptom too? Why would gruntiny be associated with reflux?

The acid is coming back up from their stomach so the grunting is trying to move it or clear it. Yeah if she is swallowing spit up or taking big gulps in the middle of bottle chances are she has reflux. My little one I swear you wouldn't believe the grunting. It sounded like an old man. I was thinking my god how can something so small make noises like that. I switched her to anti reflux milk and it instantly stopped. If I give her water though it kicks off again. Another big clue for reflux is not taking larger bottles. My LO was clearing 4 oz every 3 hours when she was born and 12 weeks later she was still on 4 and I'd be sitting with her for an hour to finish that much. I switched the milk and within a day of the switch she was wiping out 7 oz bottles in a matter of minutes. It was such a relief because my little man was losing the plot when I was sitting feeding her for so long!

Advertisement