Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I put J down for the educate together school when he was 5 weeks old and was assigned number 54 with letters after it. A girl I know who applied after me was assigned 57 with the same letters so I guess he is 54th on the list!

He's a June baby though so I'm not sure what year he will start. The form didn't ask, it only asked for his date of birth and said children with July/August birthdays would likely start when they are 5. So either he'll be young for his class or old. We'll see. So we might be end of the list for 2017 but near the top for 2018!

The primary school I really want him to go to (my old primary school) only accept enrolments for one week the Nov before you want them to start. They also say the child has to be 4 by 1st June so that means J would have to start in 2018 when he is 5 as he was born in mid June. I think, given their enrolment criteria J is likely to get a place there though.

Crazy though, thinking about these things now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I should be a size ten with all this walking and rocking and hopping out of bed! A is just gone down! Thought she'd never go to sleep.. and what's the first thing i do? Go on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    I should be a size ten with all this walking and rocking and hopping out of bed! A is just gone down! Thought she'd never go to sleep.. and what's the first thing i do? Go on boards!

It takes a while for the body to unwind after they so down. Just settle yourself, even on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Husband takes over the middle of the night feed at the weekends so I did the last feed before bed tonight but he brought me in the bottle to do it and never thought to tell me there was only two bottles left which would potentially leave us short for the morning. His phone rang at 20 to 1(wrong number)and woke the two of us. Thankfully Olivia didn't wake then but started stirring and grumbling in her sleep about 20 mins ago. I woke fully at that stage and thought to ask my husband about the bottle situation, now I'm waiting for water to cool. Water needs to cooling for 45 mins for anti reflux formula :( He said he'd get up and do it but was starting a migraine before bed so I said I better do it. Not worrying about things like this is one of the things I miss about breast feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hugo will be 5 starting school because he was born in Oct. I'm glad, it means he'll be a little nearer 18 finishing school! I was barely 17 finishing school; it's way too young to be going out into the world.

Roesy, the bottles are a pain in the arse! I sit there every night, knowing they're waiting for me by the sink to be washed, sterilised & made up and putting it off as long as possible. The only advantage is that himself can give a feed - my back is in tatters holding the little man so a break is welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Roesy wrote: »
    Husband takes over the middle of the night feed at the weekends so I did the last feed before bed tonight but he brought me in the bottle to do it and never thought to tell me there was only two bottles left which would potentially leave us short for the morning. His phone rang at 20 to 1(wrong number)and woke the two of us. Thankfully Olivia didn't wake then but started stirring and grumbling in her sleep about 20 mins ago. I woke fully at that stage and thought to ask my husband about the bottle situation, now I'm waiting for water to cool. Water needs to cooling for 45 mins for anti reflux formula :( He said he'd get up and do it but was starting a migraine before bed so I said I better do it. Not worrying about things like this is one of the things I miss about breast feeding.

Quick tip with anti reflux milk. For morning bottle I fill the bottle before bed minus two ounces and just top it up with two hot and make it so I only have to do the 7 minute wait :-) my little one has never had a night feed but I son had many so I know how frustrating it is to wake in the middle of night and realise you have up stay up longer to get the morning stuff ready!

And she didn't wake until 5 so it meant we would have been okay without the extra bottle!! That's 2 nights in a row that she slept from 10.30/11 until 5ish. I'm like a zombie now!

Just Home from work and I feel whomped. It's about 13 or 14 days now since myself and the wife ( he loves his pet name lol) have been off together. I'm not sure if I can keep this up! I'm a working mother get me out of here!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Aw, thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I think I might just have to accept that the only birthday I'm guaranteed to celebrate nowadays is the little guy's. ;)

iguana wrote: »
    Aw, thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I think I might just have to accept that the only birthday I'm guaranteed to celebrate nowadays is the little guy's. ;)

His better will be better anyway because it's your mammy anniversary :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I took seb to the doctor over the weekend and they gave him anti biotics and steroids for a chest infection but his cough is worse today. I think im going to take him back to the doctor but im wondering is that one of those things that has to get worse before it gets better or am I just being paranoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Rachineire wrote: »
    I took seb to the doctor over the weekend and they gave him anti biotics and steroids for a chest infection but his cough is worse today. I think im going to take him back to the doctor but im wondering is that one of those things that has to get worse before it gets better or am I just being paranoid?

Antibiotics unfortunately don't just cure a chest infection. they allow it to gently subside over a period of time. On our little guy, there was no improvement at all for the first 2-3 days. I actually think he has another one now...feels like he's been coughing for months now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

You as a mammy know best....if you think it's getting worse I, personally, would go back

bp wrote: »
    You as a mammy know best....if you think it's getting worse I, personally, would go back

Thanks, yeah i did go back, he kept on like barking while coughing and it seemed like he couldn't catch his breath. but other than that hes fine, eating, drooling, clinging to me like white on rice. anyway after the longest hour ever in the doctors waiting room the doctor takes 2 minutes to look at him, says he fine and off i went! :rolleyes: better safe than sorry i guess!

and how in the world does he still have so much energy?? I am completely wrecked from him because he isnt feeling the best and so is super cranky and clingy and wants up and down and then up and down and around and up and down and up and down and wants to touch wires and go in all of the presses and go up and down and up and down and WAH! :mad:

Rachineire wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah i did go back, he kept on like barking while coughing and it seemed like he couldn't catch his breath. but other than that hes fine, eating, drooling, clinging to me like white on rice. anyway after the longest hour ever in the doctors waiting room the doctor takes 2 minutes to look at him, says he fine and off i went! :rolleyes: better safe than sorry i guess!

and how in the world does he still have so much energy?? I am completely wrecked from him because he isnt feeling the best and so is super cranky and clingy and wants up and down and then up and down and around and up and down and up and down and wants to touch wires and go in all of the presses and go up and down and up and down and WAH! :mad:

Poor mammy! Well better safe than sorry. If possible have a mammy and baby duvet day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Two babies under one is not easy. My 11 month old is teething lucky to get two hours sleep a night she's in so much pain :( my 8 day old never stops feeding she's constantly attached to me! When one falls asleep the other wakes up I'm exhausted!! I love my girls so much but I would love even 5 minutes to just do nothing and maybe one full nights sleep!

Jesus, I was here reading about all you ladies with your sick little ones thinking that ye must be having it hard. I was after settling down for my nights rest when I heard a weird rasping choking noise. I went into my son's room and had to call an ambulance. He was hardly able to breathe!!!! He and daddy are gone in an ambulance to the hospital and here I am pacing like a mad yoke because I couldn't go because I am breastfeeding. I am cursing it tonight. I feel so powerless. I want to be with my sick little boy. They think it is an asthma attack. He never suffered anything like it, poor little guy was terrified. It feels so wrong being away from him when he needs me.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Jesus, I was here reading about all you ladies with your sick little ones thinking that ye must be having it hard. I was after settling down for my nights rest when I heard a weird rasping choking noise. I went into my son's room and had to call an ambulance. He was hardly able to breathe!!!! He and daddy are gone in an ambulance to the hospital and here I am pacing like a mad yoke because I couldn't go because I am breastfeeding. I am cursing it tonight. I feel so powerless. I want to be with my sick little boy. They think it is an asthma attack. He never suffered anything like it, poor little guy was terrified. It feels so wrong being away from him when he needs me.

Jesus Wolfpawnat, you must be in an awful state, you poor thing! Fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery and is back home soon, big hugs xx

nikpmup wrote: »
    Jesus Wolfpawnat, you must be in an awful state, you poor thing! Fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery and is back home soon, big hugs xx

I am so angry I cannot be with him. Saoirse seldom wakes at night, but I have no spare feed in the fridge, so we couldn't risk it. I just feel so scattered and wrong. I want him with me. :( He should be okay, even in the time it took the ambulance to get here (we are 10min from their depot and they took over double that!!!) he was feeling better, but they took him in because he needs to get a nebuliser and a good xraying. My poor little champ, they won't be home til morning..... I want to be with him. First luas after daylight and me and little girl are heading to the hospital!

Ah thats so scary! ! Im glad he's ok but you must be in bits!! I hope everything is ok with your little one...hope the night passes quickly for you-let us know how he is!

• Advertisement

Boys are finally home. Everyone off to sleep now. And off to hospital in the morning with little lady at 8am and off to the gp with her brother after. Poor little guy.

Boys are finally home. Everyone off to sleep now. And off to hospital in the morning with little lady at 8am and off to the gp with her brother after. Poor little guy.

I hope everything is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Poor little guy. You must have had an awful fright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Wolfpawnat how awful for all of you. I'm so glad to hear he's ok.

Wolfpawnat,hope ye are all okay. My brothers are asthmatic and it's very frightening to see someone fighting for breath like that.

Thank you everyone, he is sleeping now.
    Roesy wrote: »
    Wolfpawnat,hope ye are all okay. My brothers are asthmatic and it's very frightening to see someone fighting for breath like that.

It is even more terrifying when you have no idea it would even be coming. He was so scared poor pet.

Glad he's okay, hope you all get some rest today.. Poor little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Wolfpawnat glad to hear he is ok. That must have been some fright to get. Poor lil man.

Oh god wolfpawnat that is just awful! Hope everyone is going well now. Asthma attacks are terrifying! It's so hard to know what to do. I know how you were feeling when you couldn't go... My son had a cardiac arrest last November and I was sent home to bed that night because I was pregnant. Spent the whole night crying. Would have prob got more rest there with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

This is the 4th night A has woken for a bottle at this time after only having one at ten or eleven. She used to just take hwr soother and go back to sleep. Im so tired I want to cry. I'm hardly able to keep my eyes open

Advertisement