Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

J is really not well. I've been up every hour since 11pm with him howling crying. I'm knackered but I hate seeing him sick :(

He sounds awful and feels hot and is just so miserable. I hate seeing him sick. I'm going to spend the day in bed with him and fingers crossed he's a bit better by the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    J is really not well. I've been up every hour since 11pm with him howling crying. I'm knackered but I hate seeing him sick :(

He sounds awful and feels hot and is just so miserable. I hate seeing him sick. I'm going to spend the day in bed with him and fingers crossed he's a bit better by the end of the day

Aw the poor little guy! Hope he is feeling better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Not fun for either of you, hope you are both resting more now.

I just had the longest day with him. I got 3 hours sleep last night but managed another hour or two at about 10am. He's a very placid, laid back baby in general so doesn't cry much but he's just been crying all day. I know he is sick and there's not much I can do. He's been so grumpy.

Then my husband came home from work and J was so delighted. Wanted to go to him immediately and has been laughing and playing non stop with him. My husband had 8 hours sleep last night so I know it's just that he has the energy to play with him loads but it just seems unfair, I get all the crap and he gets the happy time! Even the fricking cat raced to the door to greet my husband and is now following him and the baby around the house. I haven't seen him all afternoon.

Mummy is boring, they see me all day!!

I just had the longest day with him. I got 3 hours sleep last night but managed another hour or two at about 10am. He's a very placid, laid back baby in general so doesn't cry much but he's just been crying all day. I know he is sick and there's not much I can do. He's been so grumpy.

Then my husband came home from work and J was so delighted. Wanted to go to him immediately and has been laughing and playing non stop with him. My husband had 8 hours sleep last night so I know it's just that he has the energy to play with him loads but it just seems unfair, I get all the crap and he gets the happy time! Even the fricking cat raced to the door to greet my husband and is now following him and the baby around the house. I haven't seen him all afternoon.

Mummy is boring, they see me all day!!

The opposite is just as bad! my son is absolutely devastated I am back to work and getting so upset and scared because he thinks he is going to be all alone. Absolutely breaks my heart when he follows me out the door with tears streaming down his face screaming don't go mammy! Don't worry when he hits the terrible twos you will be throwing him at your husband when he comes home and going off for a very long shower lol

• Advertisement

Here's something festive to give all is tired mammys a good laugh ... Ten month olds Santa letter! http://theuglyvolvo.com/2013/12/10/a-ten-month-olds-letter-to-santa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Tried to start putting A down to bed and leaving her.. lasted 20 minutes. And now she won't go asleep at all! She's in my arms now n went straight to sleep. Little wagon

Having serious Xmas stress today! I have my Santa finished for the two kids and clothes,shoes Xmas pjs ,coats, new slippers and all that jazz for the kids but nothing else at all. Myself and my husband are renting and saving a pretty large amount every month for house deposit. With childcare and bills on top we are pretty stretched. I genuinely have no idea how I'm going to pay for my Xmas shopping! Need a lotto win! On a weirder note I just saw a bee?!? In December?!? Very strange!

Feeling horrifically shíte in myself. Finally got a chance to go dress shopping for something for my daughters Christening this Saturday, I got it in a medium because I used be a small and I know I am not back to normal yet. Well it's too small :( I feel so frumpy, and I more than likely will not get a chance to exchange it tomorrow before we head to Clare.

And I am worried about the weekend. Already the MIL has started her BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I can sympathize where your comin from. I felt awful for my sons christening but then the whole day brought drama!!

As for MIL's don't get me started there lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Feeling horrifically shíte in myself. Finally got a chance to go dress shopping for something for my daughters Christening this Saturday, I got it in a medium because I used be a small and I know I am not back to normal yet. Well it's too small :( I feel so frumpy, and I more than likely will not get a chance to exchange it tomorrow before we head to Clare.

Don't envy you on the MIL front. Big deep breaths all weekend! And I hear you on the weight thing. I feel like an absolute heffalump, I've actually put on weight since I had him. Feeling like sh1te doesn't motivate you to want to do something about it either! I have zero time to exercise, by the time he gets home from work, I'm cranky, knackered and the last thing I want to do is go out for a jog in the dark. So I eat Brie instead :( I've been taking difene at night for my back which you have to take on a full stomach, another excuse to eat! I'm a disaster.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Don't envy you on the MIL front. Big deep breaths all weekend! And I hear you on the weight thing. I feel like an absolute heffalump, I've actually put on weight since I had him. Feeling like sh1te doesn't motivate you to want to do something about it either! I have zero time to exercise, by the time he gets home from work, I'm cranky, knackered and the last thing I want to do is go out for a jog in the dark. So I eat Brie instead :( I've been taking difene at night for my back which you have to take on a full stomach, another excuse to eat! I'm a disaster.

I don't even have the work excuse, but I am eating so many cakes recently, and because the baby is sometimes awake at dinner, I stuff meat and cheese in a roll rather than eat a healthy meal. All I get from the OH is "get and do some exercise" but some days even sorting the house is beyond me. I just feel crap.

As for the weekend, I spent 30 minutes on the phone this week going through how to prepare my best friend (and daughter's godmother) for meeting the MIL and the malicious things she is guaranteed to say. I am fit to murder her and we aren't even there yet :(

I don't even have the work excuse, but I am eating so many cakes recently, and because the baby is sometimes awake at dinner, I stuff meat and cheese in a roll rather than eat a healthy meal. All I get from the OH is "get and do some exercise" but some days even sorting the house is beyond me. I just feel crap.

As for the weekend, I spent 30 minutes on the phone this week going through how to prepare my best friend (and daughter's godmother) for meeting the MIL and the malicious things she is guaranteed to say. I am fit to murder her and we aren't even there yet :(

Have you guys starting weaning yet . First few months I eat awful stuff and takeaways but once the weaning starts I buy big boxes of fruit and veg from my local fruit and veg shop and when I'm making babies food I save some for myself in soups and things in the freezer. I've also started buying turkey mince instead of mince beef . It's pretty expensive but much better for you!

Although I can't really talk because I'm here making pancakes using a Betty Crocker mix instead of fresh ingredients :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Could you cut that wago off??? Otherwise deep breaths and try not to punch her!

Anyways with regards weight, I found my biggest issue was not eating lunch, so I make something healthy in the morning while baby is sleeping and eat it when feeding babba. Diet will be the most important thing.

Also I wore a fitted maternity dress to the christening, which worked....in forward-facing photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Just remember if you're breast feeding its totally ok to be eating extra calories. Coz you can burn between 600-1000 calories a day! And that's why you're appetite can be bigger then when you were preggers. When I stopped breast feeding I totally lost my appetite and the weight literally fell off me! Happened to a few people I know when they stopped breast feeding aswell.

It's going to be my only saving grace this time as I've put on south weight with this pregnancy.... I'm praying the same thing happens this time around...

I have never used them but I heard the belly bandits are really good. https://bellybandit.com/collections/belly-bandit/the-original.html You will find them second hand on lots of baby sites and forums. There is a Facebook page called not just for twins and it's for buying,selling and swapping baby things. It's great!

As for the in laws, it is inevitable that there will be friction because family politics are so different from one family to the next. I try to understand where DH family are coming from but to be honest the only thing that works for me is distance. I know it's not the right thing to do but I feel better for it.

I put weight on when I stopped breastfeeding because I was used to eating more. I was just really careful for a couple of weeks and it came off then but I have to watch my snacking now.

J was up so much last night. I 'm working on about 3 hours sleep again. I hate feeling like this :(

I put weight on when I stopped breastfeeding because I was used to eating more. I was just really careful for a couple of weeks and it came off then but I have to watch my snacking now.

J was up so much last night. I 'm working on about 3 hours sleep again. I hate feeling like this :(

You poor thing! I remember those days. Id sit watching true movies all day with the house falling down around my ears lol disaster!

I'm up since 6 and have been fighting with my son since. I don't know how many time outs have been handed out at this stage but he just thinks it's funny. His behaviour is atrocious and I'm desperate to get a grip on it before he starts play school! I think I'm going to have a break down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Really... Gosh my appetite dwindled to nothing! Could also be due to me being a stress head. Lol

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if I can put seeds in babas food like flax? She keeps getting bunged up despite having a pear in nearly everything she eats. I give her fresh fruits and veg and was giving her water and water with brown sugar but not working so I'm making her homemade fruit juice instead out of raspberries, mangos and pear. There are seeds in the raspberry purée I give her but Nothing seems to helping so I'm thinking flax?

Does anyone know if I can put seeds in babas food like flax? She keeps getting bunged up despite having a pear in nearly everything she eats. I give her fresh fruits and veg and was giving her water and water with brown sugar but not working so I'm making her homemade fruit juice instead out of raspberries, mangos and pear. There are seeds in the raspberry purée I give her but Nothing seems to helping so I'm thinking flax?

It appears I can give her flax but if anyone has any other constipation tips that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It appears I can give her flax but if anyone has any other constipation tips that would be great

Raisins, sweetcorn and spinach do the job here when NOTHING else would. Also plenty of water. Tried prunes/pears/sugar water everything! Also not too much fibre: Weetabix for eg would bung my little girl up really badly. The thing with constipation is different things work for different people. Like bananas don't affect her at all. Well once they are properly ripe ;) she's 17 months now and it's only now we have a handle on it.

cyning wrote: »
    Raisins, sweetcorn and spinach do the job here when NOTHING else would. Also plenty of water. Tried prunes/pears/sugar water everything! Also not too much fibre: Weetabix for eg would bung my little girl up really badly. The thing with constipation is different things work for different people. Like bananas don't affect her at all. Well once they are properly ripe ;) she's 17 months now and it's only now we have a handle on it.

Yes it seems to be the way! she is still only 7 months so we haven't introduced an awful lot at this stage but I have cut out her baby porridge today and just gave her puréed fruit and then veg with a pear in it for lunch and pear water that I made myself. No major difference yet. Everything that worked on my son is failing. Not even lots of water. We will just have to keep trying things.

Yes it seems to be the way! she is still only 7 months so we haven't introduced an awful lot at this stage but I have cut out her baby porridge today and just gave her puréed fruit and then veg with a pear in it for lunch and pear water that I made myself. No major difference yet. Everything that worked on my son is failing. Not even lots of water. We will just have to keep trying things.

I actually just remembered that squeezing an orange through a sieve into boiled water helped my son. I totally forgot that one lol will have to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

A big bowl of mango puree always helps here!:)

Gee_G wrote: »
    A big bowl of mango puree always helps here!:)

Yeah she has mango most days because I make up a big batch of purée on the weekend and she has pretty much the same thing everyday. She is a conundrum. It's weird because i haven't changed anything recently and it's just come on. I know it's customary to have the runny nappies for teething but I think that's what's causing it. There are a few other mammys online who think the same. She has gotten two teeth since it started. I bet if I fed her potatoes or bananas for a day it would work :-P reverse baby!

Good god. He has been wailing since 9pm, he has fallen asleep five times for ten minutes, puked all over my bed, and is now cooing and smiling and wide awake at 2.40am. He's been up since 5am. And he's filling his nappy. And I'm watching extreme cougar wives. I need help.

Half three he went down. Half three.

• Advertisement

WHY AM I STILL AWAKE AT HALF FIVE???!!!!!!

Advertisement