Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Unfortunately the few I have a problem with are incredible selfish and irrational and have already threaten me with court action to gain their "rights". I have no faith in the courts to be honest. Rights are earned, not a given.

If there is one thing that really gets my back up, it is people demanding anything. I hate being dictated to by people of no actual standing.

Just remember, it takes months to get through ;) In that time they may give up, or they may get abusive, in which case, keep all evidence and show them up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Still awake... just me, everyone else is asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

loubian wrote: »
    Still awake... just me, everyone else is asleep

I'm awake :/

liliq wrote: »
    I'm awake :/

She usually wakes at 1.30 for a bottle so there's no getting to sleep before that :(

She usually wakes at 1.30 for a bottle so there's no getting to sleep before that :(

:( loooonnngg nights

• Advertisement

liliq wrote: »
    :( loooonnngg nights

What has you awake?

The chat on the weather forum about the wind in the wesht is one thing keeping me awake :P

I hope tonight she skips the 1.30 feed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm here too. Listening to baby crying as we try a form of crying it out.... Not enjoying this one bit :(

Mine didn't go asleep til after 1130 so just finding it hard to wind down after the 16.5 hour day :/

The weather is mental!!

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm here too. Listening to baby crying as we try a form of crying it out.... Not enjoying this one bit :(

:( I hope you find something that works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Could you be putting him to bed too late/ too tired? Our two are about the same age as I recall - in this house it is in cot by half seven-eight and sleeps through until seven. Someone told me ages ago that an early bed time is very important.

And at least 3 hours napping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

bp wrote: »
    Could you be putting him to bed too late/ too tired? Our two are about the same age as I recall - in this house it is in cot by half seven-eight and sleeps through until seven. Someone told me ages ago that an early bed time is very important.

I agree! If my little guy was overtired we would have an awful night. Broken sleep :-( ppl kept saying to me to cut naps but it made everything much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I had my little down for an hour til half seven last night. Then ten minutes at half 8, then four more time between that and half 10. At half ten I sat in her room with her until she went to sleep. 11:15. I think. Bed for me. And then awake at 1:10. Thankfully that was only a quick feed. I need a better schedule....

He has his bedtime bottle at 7 and then goes to bed at 7:30. Usually without any bother. He's not a great daytime sleeper unfortunately... Anything from 1.5hrs to 3 hours on a very good day. Other half has Christmas parties tonight and tomorrow so I thought we'll just have to defer trying this self soothing effort until after Christmas. Between visiting both grandparents houses and sleeping in travel cots I know that it's going to be a disaster :(

He has his bedtime bottle at 7 and then goes to bed at 7:30. Usually without any bother. He's not a great daytime sleeper unfortunately... Anything from 1.5hrs to 3 hours on a very good day. Other half has Christmas parties tonight and tomorrow so I thought we'll just have to defer trying this self soothing effort until after Christmas. Between visiting both grandparents houses and sleeping in travel cots I know that it's going to be a disaster :(

Yeah it is definitely easier with two parents - you keep each other strong! I know we needed each other! Good luck with it, hopefully you will find the best solution for you

Yeah it is definitely easier with two parents - you keep each other strong! I know we needed each other! Good luck with it, hopefully you will find the best solution for you

Thanks bp. I'm definitely going to try the super nanny version when we get fine after Christmas.

My phn asked me today if little one could stand holding furniture yet and I said no . Only 7 months still so no big deal but I put her against the sofa when I got home and realised she actually can lol hooray clever girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

4.15 wake up! Was feeling very sorry for myself until I saw the massive smiles when I picked her up. Was just about to put her back down around 4.50 after grub and a very wet nappy when she filled nappy number 2, waited until she was finished, put on bepanthen and nappy number 3, just as I was closing it she pooed another bit. 4 nappies must be a record in parent fooling. Hoping she'll go to sleep now. She's groaning and shifting around and scratching the basket so I'm afraid to get too cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy, our kids are definitely communicating in some way - Hugo was up at exactly 4.15 as well! Didn't fill his nappy though, but I think he's working on it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Roesy, our kids are definitely communicating in some way - Hugo was up at exactly 4.15 as well! Didn't fill his nappy though, but I think he's working on it now :)

Funny! He was doing so well with the sleeping long stretches. Did he go back quickly? Olivia stayed asleep until about 8.20 and is now contemplating a doze.
    I'm very jealous a friend whose baby is only a few weeks older than ours is sleeping from 9.30-7/8ish the last couple of weeks!

He did, he and I were both back in bed by 5am. To be fair, he went down very early last night (about 10pm) and I only realised after he went down that he only had 4 bottles yesterday - he normally has 5. He slept late yesterday morning; had his first bottle at 8.30, (he'd normally have had one at about 6), then 12.30, 5 pm, 9pm then bed. So I'll forgive him :D

I feel like Hugo will NEVER sleep that long! I'd love to have a bit of the evenings to ourselves! Im very aware as well that it won't be long before I'm back to work :( Really want him sleeping properly before then! Ask your friend what her secret is!!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Funny! He was doing so well with the sleeping long stretches. Did he go back quickly? Olivia stayed asleep until about 8.20 and is now contemplating a doze.
    I'm very jealous a friend whose baby is only a few weeks older than ours is sleeping from 9.30-7/8ish the last couple of weeks!

I was you on my son and your friend on my daughter lol my son still doesn't go down easily for me at nearly 3 whereas the little one hasn't got up once in the middle of the night since she was born. It's such a relief. She doesn't sleep much during the day though. 3 10 minute cat naps and sometimes only 2. Hopefully you will get a break on the next one (if there is a next one lol)

Why oh why oh why did I drink so much. .

Why on my morning of the weekend does baby wake up before six.....how do they know mammy is going out later!

Why oh why oh why did I drink so much. .

It's Xmas so why not lol my DH is in the same condition. Don't think he is going to be up to a Santa trip today :-(

You know you need help when you go out with the other half without the baby and you spend the evening looking at photos and videos of said baby! I am sure we used to talk about other things.... :-)

You know you need help when you go out with the other half without the baby and you spend the evening looking at photos and videos of said baby! I am sure we used to talk about other things.... :-)

Ah stop, I'm SURE I've turned into one of those women who people run away from at parties, the ones regaling everyone with hil-ARIOUS anecdotes about that time he burped, it was sooo funny etc!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Ah stop, I'm SURE I've turned into one of those women who people run away from at parties, the ones regaling everyone with hil-ARIOUS anecdotes about that time he burped, it was sooo funny etc!

We should party together :-) I would laugh at your stories! We are cool!

Himself's just gone out the door for Christmas drinks. I feel very hard done by and a bit blue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

We should party together :-) I would laugh at your stories! We are cool!

Dont worry ladies I had my first night out the other night, some guy started talking to me and bought me a drink and I ended up boring the chap to death about my daughter and with that I start leaking and as I was quite intoxicated hadnt changed my breast pads in a while and my whole top changed colour.im sure I educated him in the world of parenthood hahaha

• Advertisement

Haven't heard from any of my friends in a few days, asked them down to watch a movie, no reply, everyone is gone out n I'm home alone and A is asleep.. Feeling a tad lonely :(

Advertisement