Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Wolfpawnat, & Emma, my lad had that bug over Christmas, it was awful :( Poor little man - I've never heard a hoarse baby before! He had more neurofen and calpol in a week, poor thing. Hope it passes soon for them - between this and her sore bum she's in the wars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Saoirse had a sore bum for 12 weeks! Only left for certain about 10days ago.

I have been ringing the doctor all morning, it's busy all morning :( After lunch is awkward because Aidan is home and I made plans last week to have a friend over for him. I dunno. Getting frustrated.

Finally got through to them. it's at an awkward time, but my neighbour is going to take the kids to her house instead so I can go alone with Saoirse. Doctors waiting rooms are the last place you want to bring a 4yo! Either they get sick or annoy the sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Finally got through to them. it's at an awkward time, but my neighbour is going to take the kids to her house instead so I can go alone with Saoirse. Doctors waiting rooms are the last place you want to bring a 4yo! Either they get sick or annoy the sick.

Poor little chicken. Hope it goes ok.

We have a virus here :-( three days in crèche and we are sick

bp wrote: »
    Poor little chicken. Hope it goes ok.

We have a virus here :-( three days in crèche and we are sick

Rule of thumb, the first month in creche they catch at least 1 bug/virus. It is the same with preschool and school. Aidan brought home this cough from school, and after midterm we will get another, and again after Easter. It's almost guaranteed. I know they say it builds their immune system and everything, but it is so hard and draining sometimes. Hope your LO isn't too sick bp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My period was 20 days late but I am starting it now. My mood has literally crashed! I'm aoeemotional and pissed off... I'll be going to bed the same time as annabelle this evening with a hot water bottle. . Grumble grumble poor me :P

Wahoo - this morning I ate breakfast, got a shower and got to look at boards.....baby slept through until 6.30 and is still asleep!!! Now last night was a different story with two hours of crying, cuddling and nurofen but still....sleep and shower - makes all of the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Wahoo - this morning I ate breakfast, got a shower and got to look at boards.....baby slept through until 6.30 and is still asleep!!! Now last night was a different story with two hours of crying, cuddling and nurofen but still....sleep and shower - makes all of the difference

It's brill when that happens isn't it? (The sleeping rather than the crying.) You feel like a different person.

I said last night I just wanted one night of not waking up. My husband replied "fine, I'll try not to wake you when I get up to them." And in fairness it was only once and he did his best not to really wake me.

In other news the 2yr old fell asleep on the couch at 6pm last night and didn't make an appearance til 6:30 this morning. That two hours more than the night before (7-5:30). I was pretty gobsmacked. She's in a much better mood today than she's been in for a while now - since she stopped her naps really.

Sleep good....and speaking of which....I just won the nap war!!!! Didn't see that win coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Baba is tired and roaring. Husband is supposed to heading out tonight. I feel like hiding under the covers. I'm all sorts of hormonal. Reckon my period is just around the corner. Besides teetha is there anything I can do for an 11 week old who is teething?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Try some calpol it's good from 2 months of age. I had a terrible time with my little guy teething

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Can anyone suggest some natural remedies for getting rid of baby's trapped wind? We always make sure to burp him well, but sometimes he seems to have wind that just will not budge and I am afraid he will get sore from all the patting/rubbing on his back.

They don't have anything you can buy for it over here - the chemists are useless! Have ordered some gripe water on amazon uk, but would also like to know if there is anything else I can do for him in the meantime, if he gets another dose of trapped wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Can anyone suggest some natural remedies for getting rid of baby's trapped wind? We always make sure to burp him well, but sometimes he seems to have wind that just will not budge and I am afraid he will get sore from all the patting/rubbing on his back.

They don't have anything you can buy for it over here - the chemists are useless! Have ordered some gripe water on amazon uk, but would also like to know if there is anything else I can do for him in the meantime, if he gets another dose of trapped wind.

Massive congratulations CS!!! You could try leaning him forward over your fore arm or lying him down and cycling his legs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Sitting him on your knee and doing circles with his upper half so his tummy sort of does tummy crunches.....Great for expelling wind. Holding him across your two arms with his belly facing the ground and just swaying him will give him great relief. Google tiger in the tree if I'm not explaining myself very well.

What is this shower you speak of? No, I barely ever get a shower these days (got my first one in 3 days a minute ago!) So I hope you had a lovely few minutes to yourself bp!

Omg I had the worst day ever. A would not stop crying and has only fallen asleep now. She's is going MAD with itching, I've tried so much and I feel so helpless :( I just wanna dunk her in a bath of something that will soothe the skin but nothing works. I put her up to bed about half seven because she was exhausted and I got a take away.. I'd been looking forward to this for the whole day and I had a feeling she wouldn't go down easy and I was right! I ended up having to take her down at 9.30 so I could have my dinner. Exhausted. I've to get up early tomorrow to do the whole access thing with a's dad (if ge shows up, unlike last week) and im so not in the mood! At least she's asleep now; I hope she sleeps for long.. She needs it.

She must be allergic to me. . Waiting on a lift to the ddoc and she's content in my brother's arms. . If I took her, she'd start screaming..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Hope you're both ok Loubian.

Roesy wrote: »
    Hope you're both ok Loubian.

I'm exhausted and angry and annabelle is finally asleep. Only just. She is going mad with the scratching, it's so annoying that I can't do anything for her except lather her in creams. She's so frustrated with it, which makes me frustrated. I'm falling asleep as i write this but guaranteed, once i settle down; I'll be awake all night.. ugh these couple of days have been crap. . Thought I was getting my monthly visitor but there's still no sign.. if I had a partner; I'd be bricking it right now! Ugh moan moan moan

She woke up again and is only gone back down. She was screaming like a banshee. It qwas terrifying. I was about to ring an ambulance because I just couldn't stop her crying. . She's finally asleep; half in her jacket and half dressed to try cool her down. Have her in the bed with me. My dad and I had a fight too because I wouldn't let him help. Nightmare :(

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    She woke up again and is only gone back down. She was screaming like a banshee. It qwas terrifying. I was about to ring an ambulance because I just couldn't stop her crying. . She's finally asleep; half in her jacket and half dressed to try cool her down. Have her in the bed with me. My dad and I had a fight too because I wouldn't let him help. Nightmare :(

You poor thing. It is so hard being a parent. Is there anyone who can take her while you get a break. Babies pick up on copy our emotions so it is a vicious cycle of stress which we have all gone through. You are doing. Great job.

Ps could it be the laundry detergent? We had to change ours due to a rash.

Loubian, you poor thing :(

We have had a terrible night here too, my little guy (5 in a few weeks!!!!) has a toothache and I am trying everywhere to find a dentist open on a Saturday :( Seriously, I am going to go Tiger Mom and get my guy to become one, not a single one open on a weekend, he'd thank me no end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Where are you wolfpawnat? Most of the smiles chain of dentist are open weekends. Is there one near you?

Ps could it be the laundry detergent? We had to change ours due to a rash.

Yeh we've stopped putting products in her wash! The ddoc said it could be a food allergy since its localised on her face, and it doesn't look like a contact rash! So heading back to the gp on Monday!

Wolf, I'm not sure but do smiles open on a Saturday?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a lie in till 7am!!!

:D

Thanks for that ladies, there is one in Bray and O'Connells street. Will give them a call and see if they can take him.

loubian wrote: »
    Yeh we've stopped putting products in her wash! The ddoc said it could be a food allergy since its localised on her face, and it doesn't look like a contact rash! So heading back to the gp on Monday!

Wolf, I'm not sure but do smiles open on a Saturday?

Poor you. I hope she sleeps for you soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What is this shower you speak of? No, I barely ever get a shower these days (got my first one in 3 days a minute ago!) So I hope you had a lovely few minutes to yourself bp!

This is something I've been worrying about.

Is it not OK for me to shower when baby is asleep? I'm in the en suite, and leave the door open, and I only do it when he's just gone down to sleep ... and he's been fine so far.

I've done it a few times now, but I always wonder should I be calling Social Services on myself! :eek:

This is something I've been worrying about.

Is it not OK for me to shower when baby is asleep? I'm in the en suite, and leave the door open, and I only do it when he's just gone down to sleep ... and he's been fine so far.

I've done it a few times now, but I always wonder should I be calling Social Services on myself! :eek:

I have had showers with my lady awake and asleep. I have had to take one with her crying even. I hated it, but sometimes it is the only way to get everything done. I have had to get out of the shower and feed her then go back in and rinse the conditioner out :D People think staying at home with the kids is fun and easy and that you have plenty of time to do everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Haha OK.

My boyfriend had a week off after the baby was born, and it only struck me after he went back to work, a friend was planning to visit that day ... and, oh god, how was I going to shower?!

I've since been showering when the baby is asleep, but with an uncomfortable feeling that maybe I shouldn't be doing it ... :o

Advertisement