Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

pwurple wrote: »
    Sleeeeeep! I want some! Was just having a nap as baby napped because I was up most of the night, and the goddamned doorbell gets rung ... No, I should say hammered... By some delivery guy looking for someone with an address on the opposite side of the city. Now both of us are grouchy after being woken up from nap after ten minutes.

And another thing, what gob****es start running their JCB at 05:45?

My health visitor gave a really good tip. We were inundated with visitors/deliveries and she said make a little sign "Mummy and Baby sleeping, please don't disturb" and put it on your front door. I haven't needed to use it yet but thought it was quite a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Merkin wrote: »
    My health visitor gave a really good tip. We were inundated with visitors/deliveries and she said make a little sign "Mummy and Baby sleeping, please don't disturb" and put it on your front door. I haven't needed to use it yet but thought it was quite a good idea.

Ah jaysus I've enough to be doing without making little signs! ;)

Naw, I can't really complain too much, she's a good sleeper generally, just got used to getting some and then it's gone again. Bleurg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Lol, I've lost all dignity at this stage. You have to take me as I come. Pre baby, I used to be dolled up all the times. Now, I'm like a walking zombie. I feel like the bags under my eyes are down at my jaw line now. Need some tranquillisers :)

Totally! I don't remember the last time I got to use foundation!! I'm lucky if I have time to put a bit of concealer under my eyes these days.... And I definitely need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yep neighbours bin lorry comes at 6 every friday too. But we are nearly always awake anyway. Seriously just want 1 nights sleep. He's 5 months. Having 4 spoon feeds and still emptying 8oz bottles and waking more at night.
    He's a bottomless pit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

4 month monster hasnt shut his eyes since 6.15am this morning and now like a bag of cats:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

John Mason wrote: »
    4 month monster hasnt shut his eyes since 6.15am this morning and now like a bag of cats:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh wow, that's not fun at all. I find it tough when my one month old does an afternoon of no sleep but a whole day is a different story. Is he likely to sleep for the night!?

Jerrica wrote: »
    Oh wow, that's not fun at all. I find it tough when my one month old does an afternoon of no sleep but a whole day is a different story. Is he likely to sleep for the night!?

he better. he usually does :-)

The monster woke at 1230am, 2 hours later he is lying on my bed pretending to swim the English channel.

Both boobs are completely drained, and put away cos he is pinching and biting

This is not what I signed up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

the last two nights our almost 7 month old fella just wont sleep :( constant rolling over, getting arms/legs caught in the bars, bumping his head off the bars (even though they are covered) crying /moaning in his sleep. we are driven demented!

Last night he woke for the umpteenth time and hubby said its 1.30am I said it couldnt possibly - had to be closer to 5 or 6. i was wrong. Hes usually such a better sleeper. He wouldnt even sleep with us in the bed, just rolling, kicking , crying constantly. Im hoping it one of theses sleep regression things.

Or he is punishing us for leaving him for the first time on fri night!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Oh I have a cranky baby today

• Advertisement

So our little monkey is sick! He started a runny nose yesterday, so that must have been what was up with him the last few nights too. No temperature thankfully. He still couldn't sleep even though we tried everything to clear his nose :( he's also never really been sick like this before

Feel like a zombie today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oh poor little thing. Did you try the Calpol saline spray Dori?

Merkin wrote: »
    Oh poor little thing. Did you try the Calpol saline spray Dori?

Yeah. We sprayed and sucked but nothing came out. It's more runny than stuffy :(. He's slept in my arms a lot today so hopefully he feels better soon. We've been putting the vapor balm on his chest and well try and tilt his mattress tonight. (Forgot last night)

He's in pretty good spirits when he's awake anyway I just hope it passes soon and it doesn't get any worse. I think we might collapse from exhaustion if we have to hold him in our arms again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

After posting here so many times amid what felt like endless weeks of no sleep due to teeth, bronchiolitis, colds etc I'm going to write something positive now and hope I don't jinx myself but....

The little man is sleeping 12 hours straight every night these days. It's such a joy :) I still feel tired though.... No idea why!

Yeah. We sprayed and sucked but nothing came out. It's more runny than stuffy :(. He's slept in my arms a lot today so hopefully he feels better soon. We've been putting the vapor balm on his chest and well try and tilt his mattress tonight. (Forgot last night)

He's in pretty good spirits when he's awake anyway I just hope it passes soon and it doesn't get any worse. I think we might collapse from exhaustion if we have to hold him in our arms again tonight!

Put some of the vapor balm on his feet too, and a girl in our crèche suggested putting some on a bib and hanging it beside the cot!

yeah the vapor stuff is all over the place lol! never thought of his feet. thankfully hes over the worst now. slept til half 3 last night! woo hoo! felt like a new person today with more than 20 min unbroken sleep! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

yeah the vapor stuff is all over the place lol! never thought of his feet. thankfully hes over the worst now. slept til half 3 last night! woo hoo! felt like a new person today with more than 20 min unbroken sleep! :)

I used to love the karvol and then it was discontinued?!? The vicks dehumidifiers were also discontinued so when the kids have a cold I put Albas oil in boiling water in a pot or bowl in their room about ten minutes before they go to bed and shut the door and by the time they go in it's a menthol heaven lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We should have shares in olbas oil at this stage. I dab it all over her cot sheet before she goes to bed.

Hubby got a vicks humidifier from amazon a couple months back. cant get them to send us the bloody vapor inserts without £12 postage though. Anyone know where you might get them in Ireland? No joy in argos.

Will pick up some olbas oil when im out and about

I still have karvol. Had loads before it went off the market. I only use it if they are bad otherwise olbas oil. Not much left now though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

My OH is so tired this morning she put orange juice in the kettle and butter in the dishwasher..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Snake wrote: »
    My OH is so tired this morning she put orange juice in the kettle and butter in the dishwasher..

HA ha we have all been there. I once tried to brush my teeth with scholl heal balm and sprayed batiste on my armpits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

HA ha we have all been there. I once tried to brush my teeth with scholl heal balm and sprayed batiste on my armpits

Oh that made me laugh.... I'm not the only one who's done that!

So there's a reason why I'm like a goldfish at the moment and can't remember anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Its easy to see why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture! After nearly 3 years of broken sleep, I'm lucky if I remember my name most days. I think it was Mother Natures big joke on me to have a child that rarely sleeps, when I'm older, and less able. The other two slept no bother from about 6 weeks. She is up since 7am, and passed out in an armchair at 7 this evening. Couldn't be woken, got the PJ's on her while asleep. So she'll be awake now anytime, bouncing off the walls for God knows how long....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I tried to put the kettle in the fridge one day in the early days of motherhood... and the washing into the microwave.

January wrote: »
    I tried to put the kettle in the fridge one day in the early days of motherhood... and the washing into the microwave.

Well that's one way to cool the water quickly!!

I thought i lost me car keys in town one day. Couldnt find them when i got back to the car. Then realised the radio in the car was playing. Had left keys in the ignition while i pottered around town.

Have also sprayed baliste on armpits

Put shampoo in hair to wash it without wetting it.

but more dangerously. Was putting everything in to the car to head out for a while. Bags, buggy toddler. Then as i was about to get in toddler said "cookoo" had left the baby sittingbin car seat at the front door.
    Another time popped baba in , toddler climbed in herself. Got in to drive off (actually pulled out of driveway) and something caught my eye in mirror . Id firgotten to strap toddler.

Speaking of sleep deprivation. How do ye cope. Im at my wits end. Baba keeps waking for 2 hrs every night for past few nights. He slept great for 2 nights and we git our hopes up. Ive a 2 yr old that needs amusing too as shes full of energy. Im just exhausted. I find myself shouting at my 2 yr old for stupid things to the extent it makes her cry .
    On more than one occasion ive wished i never had L. Sounds awful. (I think i even posted this before) bad pregnancy , bad recovery after the birth and just such a hungry baby / bad sleeper.

I get out every day as i and A (2 yr old) would go stir crazy indoors all day.

My mum cant help (medically wouldnt be fit)
    MIL minds all her other grand kids and fosters and any time she has had him she messes uo routine and he's in bad form and sleeps even worse.

I had a bit of melt down this morning so OH rang work to stay at home. But ive just spent the morning crying. Between guilt and tiredness. And a blinder of a head ache.

• Advertisement

Suucee wrote: »
    Speaking of sleep deprivation. How do ye cope. Im at my wits end. Baba keeps waking for 2 hrs every night for past few nights. He slept great for 2 nights and we git our hopes up. Ive a 2 yr old that needs amusing too as shes full of energy. Im just exhausted. I find myself shouting at my 2 yr old for stupid things to the extent it makes her cry .
    On more than one occasion ive wished i never had L. Sounds awful. (I think i even posted this before) bad pregnancy , bad recovery after the birth and just such a hungry baby / bad sleeper.

I get out every day as i and A (2 yr old) would go stir crazy indoors all day.

My mum cant help (medically wouldnt be fit)
    MIL minds all her other grand kids and fosters and any time she has had him she messes uo routine and he's in bad form and sleeps even worse.

I had a bit of melt down this morning so OH rang work to stay at home. But ive just spent the morning crying. Between guilt and tiredness. And a blinder of a head ache.

Well coffee helps.. I've taken to drinking about 4 bottles of lucozade a day just to get through the day and night... It's hard but you'll cope!

Advertisement