Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh no totally forgot about that. my whole weekend is going to be a mess with a family wedding on friday his routine will be out the window anyway.
    Ah least monday is bank hol so OH will be hear to help repair the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Little man got his 12mth jabs yesterday. Poor baba had a roaring temp all night. Finally fell asleep about 4.30am, after calpol and neurofen. I'm in work since 8am and crying inside :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Have to bring my small lady back to the doc again today: this is my second time in docs this week, 6th time in 3 weeks, I seem to be living there. I'm mortified walking in the door at this stage: not that they ever do anything to make me feel that way it's all me! There's always something wrong it's not like I'm overreacting but I'm just wrecked from it. At least I've spent the €144 on medicine this month so whatever she needs today won't cost... Just aaaaggghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Little man got his 12mth jabs yesterday. Poor baba had a roaring temp all night. Finally fell asleep about 4.30am, after calpol and neurofen. I'm in work since 8am and crying inside :(

Poor wee man, am dreading it already. Herself gets a temperature every time.

Roesy wrote: »
    Poor wee man, am dreading it already. Herself gets a temperature every time.

He was really unwell today, bless him. Temp of over 40°c. We rang the doc (who wasn't there) the nurse in the practice told me he may have a bug and if his temp doesn't come down with paracetamol and neurofen to get him to a doc or Temple St a&e! :eek: Thankfully he seems to be a lot better this evening; temp's normal and he's KO'ed in bed since 7.45. I'll keep up the meds for the night just to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

He was really unwell today, bless him. Temp of over 40°c. We rang the doc (who wasn't there) the nurse in the practice told me he may have a bug and if his temp doesn't come down with paracetamol and neurofen to get him to a doc or Temple St a&e! :eek: Thankfully he seems to be a lot better this evening; temp's normal and he's KO'ed in bed since 7.45. I'll keep up the meds for the night just to be safe.

God it makes me mad when they always say that it might be a bug when they know (and us mama's know) bloody well its the vaccines! Our LO was the same after her 6 month vaccines and we got the same line, hate having them done but the alternative of not having them vaccinated is worse I suppose :(

Hope your little fella is feeling better soon, its so worrying when they have temperature :(

Generally I'd agree, but my fella has never had a problem with previous vaccines. A bit off colour maybe, but not sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

How long do these fceking cold viruses hang around for? Am really fed up of it now. He's been sick and off since he started in the daycare about 3 weeks ago. It seems to be incubating in our house because myself and the hubby have also been hit with runny noses, sore throats - here one day gone the next, then back again... It's very irritating but of course it's worse for our little man. His little nose is all red from wiping. Everyone is telling me this is normal and it will take months for his immune system to come up to speed :eek: is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

How long do these fceking cold viruses hang around for? Am really fed up of it now. He's been sick and off since he started in the daycare about 3 weeks ago. It seems to be incubating in our house because myself and the hubby have also been hit with runny noses, sore throats - here one day gone the next, then back again... It's very irritating but of course it's worse for our little man. His little nose is all red from wiping. Everyone is telling me this is normal and it will take months for his immune system to come up to speed :eek: is that right?

Honestly?? Our son has been in crèche now for a year and I feel like we've spent at least 9 months of that with snotty noses.

I'm losing my mind. He woke up at 9.45pm, and has been awake since. We've taken it in turns to go upstairs with him to try to get him down, as soon as we do he starts to wail and wail. We've taken him out in the buggy for a walk, we've taken him downstairs to watch In The Night Garden, we've given him a bottle, calpol, bonjela..... I don't know what is wrong with him. My other half has him upstairs at the moment and I can hear him roaring; it's giving me a knot in my stomach. He's just getting more and more upset.
    Also, he was seen by the PHN today and she wants to get him referred to a paediatrician because his head circumference is now off the percentile charts. Worry, worry, worry. I won't be getting much sleep tonight, either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My bubs is only over a snotty nose and has one again. It's really annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm losing my mind. He woke up at 9.45pm, and has been awake since. We've taken it in turns to go upstairs with him to try to get him down, as soon as we do he starts to wail and wail. We've taken him out in the buggy for a walk, we've taken him downstairs to watch In The Night Garden, we've given him a bottle, calpol, bonjela..... I don't know what is wrong with him. My other half has him upstairs at the moment and I can hear him roaring; it's giving me a knot in my stomach. He's just getting more and more upset.
    Also, he was seen by the PHN today and she wants to get him referred to a paediatrician because his head circumference is now off the percentile charts. Worry, worry, worry. I won't be getting much sleep tonight, either way.

Sometimes they get over tired and can't get asleep. How old is he. Maybe try letting him sleep with you tonight.
    Just because he sleeps on his own doesn't mean he can't sleep with you.

What's the circumference. Is it big or small. If he's healthy and happy I wouldn't be too worried.

He's just gone 1. He's finally gone down; the problem wasn't that he didn't want to be alone; as soon as we tried to get him into or near either our bed or his he went doolally. If he wakes up again I think I'll resort to the brandy (for both of us!!)

His head circumference is big; it was 99th percentile at his last check (whereas his height and weight were 60th thereabouts) His head has now gone off the top of the percentile chart while his weight and height are still way behind.

He's just gone 1. He's finally gone down; the problem wasn't that he didn't want to be alone; as soon as we tried to get him into or near either our bed or his he went doolally. If he wakes up again I think I'll resort to the brandy (for both of us!!)

His head circumference is big; it was 99th percentile at his last check (whereas his height and weight were 60th thereabouts) His head has now gone off the top of the percentile chart while his weight and height are still way behind.

He's still unwell from the high temperature. We had 4 days of 38.5 and 3 of diarrhea.
    Took him 2 weeks to settle back to normal.
    Every child is different and these charts are only a general measure.

If he's a normal energetic one year old I shouldn't worry. Phns in my experience are good with theory but have very little personal experience.
    They always err on the safe side.
    My 4 year old is tall and skinny. The 10 month old is as heavy at 12 kg. Has your gp expressed any concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Agh, sounds tough. With regards to the head, I'm sure I mentioned before that we were referred months back for the same reason. Now she was up the percentiles for most things but her head was gone off the chart last time. It's funny because it doesn't look that big. We were basically monitored between the gp, the phn and the hospital. I used dread it because to an untrained eye, the gp and Phn used measure in slightly different ways/spots and even half a cm made a big difference on the charts. They monitor her overall development and thus far are happy that she is a happy, healthy 11 month who happens to be blessed with a sizeable noggin 😄 Doesnt stop me worrying each time she's due a check though.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Just on that note, my husbands aunt used have to put a slit in her babbies jumpers when was very small. Tiny body, huge head! She's perfectly normal, @16, if a little bit spoiled. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

We've finally managed to get him sleeping the night (mostly, maybe one wakeup). And now the clocks are changing.. :/ Why?? Can we not just stay on the same routine? 5.30am is so much more horrible than 6.30am...

Yeah I was thinking of that today, It will be a long week or two trying to train in a new routine :(

I want to scream, my 5yo is acting the maggot recently and is being sassy and testing boundaries, I am so tired of his attitude, what the hell am I going to do when he is 15 and hormonal!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking of that today, It will be a long week or two trying to train in a new routine :(

I want to scream, my 5yo is acting the maggot recently and is being sassy and testing boundaries, I am so tired of his attitude, what the hell am I going to do when he is 15 and hormonal!

Get him employed in the sh1ttest job you can imagine! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

So my phone is lying - it is oonly pretending to be 6am....it is really 5am and baby is awake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

bp wrote: »
    So my phone is lying - it is oonly pretending to be 6am....it is really 5am and baby is awake

Im hoping my phone auto adjusted & it is 6.12am and not 5.12am as my 1yr old is also awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We got to 5.30am here/ 6.30 old time!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we got to 330am new time:eek:

we have his naming day today - its going to be a long long day

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

A only woke 20 minutes earlier than usual. My attempt at preparing her for it nearly worked :)

Xdancer wrote: »
    A only woke 20 minutes earlier than usual. My attempt at preparing her for it nearly worked :)

Show off :-)

Happy to report that Crayola pencils are indeed washable off non-paper surfaces

My son is a ledge. Woke at 6am new time; I thought ''we can do better than that!'' so I shushed him gently and, well, basically ignored him a little. He fell back asleep until 7am; then he went down for his nap at 10am and is still asleep now!! I think I've earned it after the last week of night wakings when he was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Show off :-)

Ah well she is nearly 3 so I know what she's like at this stage :)

The last 2 years I wasn't so smug!

Got to 4 new time. I had asked my wife to take them downstairs when they woke up to let me catch a few hours. EEldest came in and thinking it was 7 she did.
    When I realised the time I whoosehed them all back to bed and turned off peppa pig. Yes its on at 4am.:)

I slept till 930 with the baby and my wife slept with our 4 year old till 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Happy to report that Crayola pencils are indeed washable off non-paper surfaces

This cannot be said for their normal crayons :mad: sporting some wonderful 'wall art' here, harking back to the time hs uncle was watching monster no. 1. Sat right beside him and let him colour the wall (monster colouring, uncle watching, just in case anyone was wondering :P) :mad::eek:

That stuff does not come off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

galah wrote: »
    This cannot be said for their normal crayons :mad: sporting some wonderful 'wall art' here, harking back to the time hs uncle was watching monster no. 1. Sat right beside him and let him colour the wall (monster colouring, uncle watching, just in case anyone was wondering :P) :mad::eek:

That stuff does not come off...

Have you tried wd40? Pre kids I had to clean up in work (in a shop!) after toddlers were let loose with crayons ;)

Advertisement