Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dynamited

Looking at this thread has made me re-consider having Children

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Aw that's poop. My brother had teething asthma. He was fine once he hit 3 and it never came back. I hope that gives you some sort of hope :-(
    I think that's what it is. She's been cutting molars and straight onto eye teeth so it's been going on for months. She always gets congested when teething.

Every toddler in the crèche has a snot plugged nose at the moment. Some even had snot bubbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

I think that's what it is. She's been cutting molars and straight onto eye teeth so it's been going on for months. She always gets congested when teething.

Every toddler in the crèche has a snot plugged nose at the moment. Some even had snot bubbles.

Lol it's the time of year. I find myself wiping Snot off my coat nearly every day at the moment. Stupid dry clean only.

I hope it fades with time and your getting a bit of comfort knowing that she is on the right medication. I'm gonna have that doctor visit myself I think. This little ones cough is very bad and there's an awful rattle in her breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Defo get her checked, there's a rather bad cough going round, our 3year old also ended up on steroids and ventolin with it. Caught the baby before he got really bad, but you woukdnt want to keep this going unchecked :(

+1 on the video monitor, so handy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

galah wrote: »
    Defo get her checked, there's a rather bad cough going round, our 3year old also ended up on steroids and ventolin with it. Caught the baby before he got really bad, but you woukdnt want to keep this going unchecked :(

+1 on the video monitor, so handy :)

Yeah I'm pretty lax on this little one and tend to let things run their course but on my son I would have been straight down. She is in great form eating well and no temp so I left it but at this stage now looks like she will need some help shifting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Argh...awake every hour approx between 2 am and now. Bubs is all bright eyed and bushy tailed! His mammy is floored from the tiredness. God come back 4 hrs stretches at least....pleeeeease!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Damn this stupid leap. we haven't slept in 5 days. He just thrashes around the place and whinges! Same with naps. Christmas its exhausting enough without this too. He's also refusing food cos he's so tired. And crying and hysterical for no obvious reason during the day.

Have tried Calpol and teetha gel in case it's something else, but he has 8 teeth already at only 10 months so unlikely.

I really need a break before I pass out :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

CptMackey wrote: »
    On our first child and he is currently asleep. However I now have a problem where I check to see if he is still breathing. Is this normal. I'm not happy either way. He is either not sleeping or sleeping too deep.

:(

The joys of it

Totally normal. My mum used to wake up my dad at all hours as he had great hearing and would tell her if we were breathing or not.
    bp wrote: »
    Try and Angel Care monitor - an alarm goes off if they stop breathing/ moving while in their cot - I love the peace of mind

I have this and highly recommend it. Such peace of mind.

Also look at the snuza hero. I find it brilliant! Clips onto the nappy, so can be used in the car or when nappy in bouncer etc. we had it permanently attached to him for the first 5 months. Now he's moving its more difficult to keep on but great for naps and car journeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Little baba is a week old tomorrow. I was changing his nappy through the holes in the incubator today when he weed all over it and me :D he wasnt even dirty or wet before, I was only checking, its like he was saving it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Little baba is a week old tomorrow. I was changing his nappy through the holes in the incubator today when he weed all over it and me :D he wasnt even dirty or wet before, I was only checking, its like he was saving it!!

Congrats Kersplat and hope baba is OK.
    Our (now 6 year old) boy used to do that all the time, nappy off, pissssssssss!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, boys love that. I reckon its the cold air hitting their boybits.
    I got it in my eyes and hair a lot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

2 days away from the start of leap 6 and he has already stopped sleeping. its going to be a long long 4 weeks :(:(:(:(

John Mason wrote: »
    2 days away from the start of leap 6 and he has already stopped sleeping. its going to be a long long 4 weeks :(:(:(:(

We are finding leap 7 horrible! He's sooooo cranky and unsettled. He's also learnt to pull himself up to standing this week. All he wants to do is stand, but he gets tired and stands there crying at me! If I sit him down he cries because he wants to stand!! Feel like pulling my hair out!
    It's really killing the Xmas cheer in this house

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

We are finding leap 7 horrible! He's sooooo cranky and unsettled. He's also learnt to pull himself up to standing this week. All he wants to do is stand, but he gets tired and stands there crying at me! If I sit him down he cries because he wants to stand!! Feel like pulling my hair out!
    It's really killing the Xmas cheer in this house

oh, my wee man is standing from about 5.5 months, so i know your pain. he is refusing to crawl anymore, he wants to walk and stand. he stands all day and then gets bored beccause he cant play with anything

he stands in his cot rattling, and while shouting.

What are the thoughts on respiratory monitors? We're spending our first night with our lad and we have one from the SCBU and its putting my mind somewhat at ease though I have checked twice anyway in the last few hours anyway.

I'd have no problem spending the money for one if only to put our minds at ease, even just a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

What are the thoughts on respiratory monitors? We're spending our first night with our lad and we have one from the SCBU and its putting my mind somewhat at ease though I have checked twice anyway in the last few hours anyway.

I'd have no problem spending the money for one if only to put our minds at ease, even just a little.

As in for the cot at home so you can be sure he is breathing? If so, I have an angel monitor, if babba stops breathing (monitors tiny movement) an alarm goes off, just remember to turn it off when taking them out of the crib!

bp wrote: »
    As in for the cot at home so you can be sure he is breathing? If so, I have an angel monitor, if babba stops breathing (monitors tiny movement) an alarm goes off, just remember to turn it off when taking them out of the crib!

Yeah that's it. Do you use it much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I have one. Used it until about a year with my daughter and now using it with my son (8.5mnths) since the day he came home. I use it for naps and at night. Its great reassurance and i slept so much better when i got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Little boys love doing this! I used to shower in the morning before giving the baby his bath but I ended up switching my routine around cos I would end up dripping in wee and have to shower again :pac: You can get these yokes called weewee teepees they're cute gimmicky little things but a strategically placed baby wipe works just as well :)

Also, the Angelcare monitor is BRILLIANT for peace of mind and well worth the money. Mothercare have them reduced from €130 to €100 at the moment, not sure if you can get them cheaper anywhere else though.

• Advertisement

John Mason wrote: »
    oh, my wee man is standing from about 5.5 months, so i know your pain. he is refusing to crawl anymore, he wants to walk and stand. he stands all day and then gets bored beccause he cant play with anything

he stands in his cot rattling, and while shouting.

:eek: 5 and a half months! I don't think I would have coped! My friends first baba didn't stand til about a year, so I thought I'd at least get past Xmas, but no he's decided to learn loads of new stuff this past week so he can torture me and the cats lol!

He's coasting along the sofa to scare the snoozing cat right this minute.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

My fella seems to love doing it. Smiles and all when he is doing it. Rascal. :)

Yep every day and night. Will use it with toodler until baby arrives. Helps me sleep easier

Feck it, gonna pick one up tomorrow. Tonight I'll be on high alert!!

I have the one from mother care - not sure of the difference. Honestly I love mine just make sure the pad is in the middle and little hands cannot get to the wire common sense really

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

Asleep at 11.30, up at 02.30 til 3.30, 4.15 til 5.15, up again to resettle and now again at 06.30... This baby is trying to break me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Hi Julo, that was nearly exactly my baby's routine for a long time, he was/is a hungry baby.

My fella is 14 weeks and in last few weeks, although he still wakes at those times, the feeds are very short - 15 mins, I then wait 20 mins til he's in a deep sleep before putting him in cot. Sometimes he doesn't wake for the 2.30 feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Julo12 wrote: »
    Asleep at 11.30, up at 02.30 til 3.30, 4.15 til 5.15, up again to resettle and now again at 06.30... This baby is trying to break me :(

Our fella is doing this every second night. It's a killer. Try and sleep during the day when baby is asleep if you can. My wife is grabbing a few hours during the day this way.

Advertisement