Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Battle of the Day time naps. Dread, dread, dread!! Thank feck he sleeps at nite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

6 am wakings have begun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

loubian wrote: »
    6 am wakings have begun

5am ones here! There is no patience left in me, when you wake at 5am and are exhausted you need to sleep!!!! This has been going on for 2 weeks now and it means that the little one wakes the big one and everyone is narky for the day

I just want to sleep past 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

5am here too. Used to be 7. Thought it was the brighter mornings so covered up the window but still awake at 5. It's crazy early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

yellow hen wrote: »
    5am here too. Used to be 7. Thought it was the brighter mornings so covered up the window but still awake at 5. It's crazy early :(

I know, I was blaming the birds but they are louder in my room than hers! Managed to get the little or back to sleep at 7:15, but older one was having none of it! Oh well

I'm blaming teeth here, she's waking with horrendous nappies, this coupled with walking and not napping properly is making for a zombie family!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Same here! My boy was awake at 6.45am and usually he doesn't wake until after 8. We have blackout curtains up so no idea why he's doing it. He's like a demon for a nap already and it's only 10am :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Thank god its not just mine. My guy has always woke between 6 and 7 but has slowly snook back to 5 . its been a killer as have a near 3 yr old too. So we got a fake magpie to keep the birds away and adjusted to 1 nap instead of 2 and he has been doing good for about 2 or 3 nights.
    Stayed with the grandparents last night and just off the phone. He was up at 5 and has already had 1 nap. Ugh effort now of trying to get him back to routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Gosh my little one has been waking earlier as well the past few mornings!! She woke at 6am this morning :eek: but managed to get her to go back to sleep til 7.15 - previous to this she would wake at 8.30/9am!!!! We have black out blind in the bedroom so her room isn't any brighter. Was wondering if it had anything to do with the solar eclipse (or maybe I'm just mad:pac::pac:)

I duno Soooky. My guy started 2 weeks ago. But strange how so many are starting it.
    Hopefully with clock change next week it might fix them all.
    I live in hope anyway

I woke up yesterday morning wondering, in my half asleep state, had the hours changed but nope, it was 6 am! And hyper at 6 am she is! The only good thing is that she had slept ALL night in her cot, something she hasn't done for months!

• Advertisement

I spoke too soon. here we are, yet again, awake at the middle of the night because of fupping itching. It's my fault. I passed down stupid allergy ridden genes to her.. i didn't watch her diet yesterday. . I cannot stand it any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

loubian wrote: »
    I spoke too soon. here we are, yet again, awake at the middle of the night because of fupping itching. It's my fault. I passed down stupid allergy ridden genes to her.. i didn't watch her diet yesterday. . I cannot stand it any longer

It's not your fault, you will figure it out in time. you are doing an amazing job.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We're having exactly the opposite problem. She's sleeping till 8:30/9am. That's all well and good, but when the clocks go forward on Sunday morning, she's going to be bouncing off the walls come 10pm because she didn't get up till 10am.

I'm planning a week or two of really bad sleep, where we go in and wake her at 8am regardless and get her to bed by 8pm regardless. And she will wake every night for a week. And be really grumpy for a few days.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I hate clock changes. My two are six and three, so it's (hopefully) the first year I might be able to mess around with their bed times and not suffer the consequences. Might!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Hoping 6-6 becomes 7-7 when clocks change....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

My little boy was awake at 6.30am again this morning - and then only had a short nap. I shouldn't complain because he's very easy to put to bed (between 8 and 8.30pm) and then sleeps through the night in his own room without any trouble but I'm 7 months pregnant and have severe hyperemesis. Even at this late stage of my pregnancy tiredness makes me extra pukey so today was not fun.

Plus he's not getting enough sleep so it's affecting him too - he's like a demon until he gets his nap. I'm really hoping the clock change helps - he may need to go to bed earlier but we're in such a good routine that I'd hate to do that :(

Heart broken here - used to have a great sleeper, now for the past hour: mammy door open (back in bed), mammy cuddle, mammy bed etc.

Please let this latest round of back in bed, no talking have worked! New babba due soon....need sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My 2 girls are in a childminder with only one other little girl: this morning she tells me the other little girl has chickenpox (and Id say she was sick telling me she's such a sweetheart): what are the odds that poor S is going to pick them up now, bearing in mind she has tonsilitis and is post 12 month vax: I'm so so frustrated. In total she's had 15 days of an antibiotic since 27th Dec. 15. Her reflux has flared up, she's not sleeping, I want to wean her but can't/won't when she's sick... I have a constant headache from tiredness and I'm just sick of the sickness.

Aaand deep breath. I know it will pass, but God I cant remember the last week I wasn't in a doctor. I'm just so tired of it.

Oh you poor thing :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Ah that sucks. :(

I know it's not much of a consolation, but in hindsight, I'm glad my son got chickenpox when he was very young - it was a very mild dose, and barely bothered him at all. (I'd still like to see chickenpox vaccine included in the normal schedule, but that's another rant!)

Do bear in mind that, if your girl does get it, it could be another couple of weeks before the spots come out. I remember getting a €30 (€60 return) taxi to DDOC with our son at 3am one morning with a 40 degree temperature. He was prescribed an antibiotic because the doctor thought he "might" have an ear infection ... the chickenpox spots came out a couple of days later, and it turned out that this was what had caused the temperature. So he was on the antibiotics for nothing!

• Advertisement

Oh cyning thats the last thing ye need.

I have an awful cough i cant shift. Not too bad as its me not the kids. But coughing that hard tonight ive actually woken both of them up (in seperate rooms) and caused the dog to start barking.
    I dont understand how OH (lying beside me) has slept through it all.
    Kids are settled now but im here trying to stop myself from coughing.

Spoke to soon. Still havent got baba back asleep. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hope ye got back to sleep Succee... I have a stupid course for work today I have to go to im as sick as a dog... I feel like the worlds biggest moan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Heh, I should have checked boards at 3 am when I was walking the floors for a bit of morale! Our little minx was throwing her first tantrum from what I can tell. Was up from 12 to 5am. Just wanted to be walking around the house and playing, and not sleeping. Tried everything I could think of... checked she was too hot or cold, gave her a drink, gave her some food. Changed her nappy. Let her snuggle a while (screamed at me, fists going), got her teddies, left her wail for a few minutes. Put her on the floor, put her in the cot, put her in the bed. Winded her. Brought her for a drive! Got a spoon of calpol at about 3 and told husband to take over for an hour. Up again at 4, she was still roaring the place down. Walked and walked and walked around with her in my arms for another hour and she eventually fell asleep at 5ish.

Only to be gotten up at 7 for work/creche. She's like a BEAR today (and I'm not far behind!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Oh how perspective changes when you become a parent. Our little girl (now 8 mo) has never been a sleeper, at the 6 month mark she was waking every 30-45 minutes throughout the night. Now we get two hour stretches at a time and we consider this a success :D She seems to have decided that 5 - 5.30am is her preferred wake up time though, and nothing will get her back to sleep. Joys.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

11 month old up 4/5 times last night too. Has just started walking..... He should be exhausted!!! This clock change better keep him in bed till 7:30!! Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

Pwurple my night was the exact same. I'm like a zombie today normally ok at sleeping the night. Dreading the clock change

So was awake for over 3 hrs straight last night and it was my stupid cough that woke them.
    to top it off the toddler has the vomiting bug again. seriously sick to death of it. this is her 4th time this winter. also went through 6 weeks of unexplained diarrhoea back in dec. and numerous bouts of tonsillitis and ear infections .

baba is 1 on monday and OH has the day off as supposed to be heading off. i hope no one else catches it. although she seems to get it so bad every time.

to top it off my stupid inflammation problem is really bad at the mo too .
    think i need a week in bed.

My mother is a legend. she just offered to come stay the night in our house, sleep in with toddler so me and OH can get some sleep.
    we said no as she will probably just want us anyway but just thought that was so kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Wow have been up all night, literally, with a coughing 15month old. Tried elevating her head, snuffle babe, etc....she's been like this all week, gp at 8 when he opens I think. I think she's slept through maybe 5 times since she was born. Severe acid reflux, milk allergy, food intolerances, repeated ear infection- burst eardrum- then grommets, gastro bug so bad it caused her oesophagus to bleed. I went back to work in sept and I've been off more than I've been in with her as can't send her to Creche we sick ado daily support to help.
    I am officially workout.
    to Creche when sick

Advertisement