Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

YH it is fecking depressing. I'm sick to the back teeth of it and she's younger than your little guy. S is so uncomfortable is clawing at me to get up in my arms the last few days is constantly snotty, constantly sick. I just can't understand why they can't do something for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Unreg0909 wrote: »
    Oh yellow hen I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this :(:( are you under an allergist/paediatrician? I can recommend a really good allergy guy if you're not already with one

We're with a respiratory consultant but I intensely dislike him. Could you recommend your guy? Is he specifically allergy?

cyning wrote: »
    YH it is fecking depressing. I'm sick to the back teeth of it and she's younger than your little guy. S is so uncomfortable is clawing at me to get up in my arms the last few days is constantly snotty, constantly sick. I just can't understand why they can't do something for them.

We only have the one (not by choice, TTC is a long process for us!) and some days I am grateful, we only have one as I couldn't handle two of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My guy went to bed at about 7.30 woke at 6.55. Its his first birthday so daddy jas the day off so we coukd do something. So we brought him in to our room and for the first time since he was tiny he fell back asleep in our bed. I woke with a foot in my face.

Toddler seems much better. Woke at 8.45 for breakfast. Took a fit of coughing eating it and puked then cried cause i took ot away.
    Seems to be in flying form since. I made her more breakfast and she ate it all .

So we all got a good sleep last night. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Bought the angle care thing that will sound an alarm if baby stops breathing or moving. We are both sleeping with 2 eyes closed now. Such a relief to have it .

Must find his alarm clock tho. He has it set to 5am and I could do to changing it to 7 :pac:

• Advertisement

S fainted or collapsed or had a possible strange seizure again. Think she needs an EEG. I'm so stressed out over her there's always something.

Oh no cyning. I duno how u cope. You shes ok and you . Ye have been through so much in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

S fainted or collapsed or had a possible strange seizure again. Think she needs an EEG. I'm so stressed out over her there's always something.

Oh no, are you/ she ok

Oh cyning, that's frightening. How is she now? Was she out for long?

Was lil guys birthday today so we headed off. So he didnt have his usuals nap. Instead of napping 2hrs he had a 40min nap in the car then abou 30 mins on way home but was so much later than normal. (He also fell back to sleep in our bed this morning which he never does) He normally goes to bed at 7/7.30. He has only settled now. Hopefully for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning! R u guys ok? Poor S! xxx

Ya we are fine... Well I'm peed of, upset etc I just feel like I never, ever get a break with her. Her temp is dropping tonight so Id query a febrile seizure myself her dad had them a lot as a child. I just don't want her to have an EEG or anything I'm sick of her being poked and prodded at. She was out for about 30 seconds went all floppy didn't respond to me at all. She was so so upset when she came too.

Cyning I was going to ask if she had a temperature prior to or during the seizure. But and eeg would be a good idea to rule out anything else like epilepsy or other reasons for the seizure/convulsions. The poor little pet. You are right to get it fully checked out. I just want to send hugs. I really really really hope things start to get a bit easier for you.

ITs just a battle with her all the time: I don't know how people who have seriously ill children cope. I'm worn out from it and there's nothing wrong with her except she gets sick a lot.

Cyning, my 2 have been on off sick since Xmas and I'm absolutely worn out with it. And it is literally nothing compared to what you guys have gone through. So it's ok to feel exhausted. I had the sadness all day yesterday thinking how lucky I was to have T home with me after seeing all those poor babas in the cardiology ward. Was so happy to be home... But so sad as well :(.

Please god when the summer comes things will get better for you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

ITs just a battle with her all the time: I don't know how people who have seriously ill children cope. I'm worn out from it and there's nothing wrong with her except she gets sick a lot.

I don't even know how you're coping

Bubs had to get a blood test earlier to determine what her allergies are. It was more traumatic for me.. we're keeping her off dairy and she's still going mad itching. I'm going mad because I can't help her. Now I've to wait a month for her results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

30 seconds, crikey, that's an eternity when you are trying to wake someone. Your poor heart, the panic and stress must be exhausting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

God, you must have got an awful fright :( you've all really been through the mill. It must be hard to see your baba sick all the time. I hope it improves as the summer comes in

Cyning i cant even imagine what your going through. I hope things start to improve. Ye really really deserve a break

Doc said she doesn't need an EEG or CT: that with everything going on with her at the moment (2 week post vax, recovering from tonsilitis, exposure to chicken pox, a very heavy head cold and very refluxy yesterday), that She may have just fainted. I'm so so relieved. I really didn't want to have to put her through it.

Still worried though!

• Advertisement

Doc said she doesn't need an EEG or CT: that with everything going on with her at the moment (2 week post vax, recovering from tonsilitis, exposure to chicken pox, a very heavy head cold and very refluxy yesterday), that She may have just fainted. I'm so so relieved. I really didn't want to have to put her through it.

Still worried though!

That's really good news cyning :).

Brought toddler to gp . Still unwell but doesnt seem to be vomitting bug.
    Has tonsilitis and throat that sore she gagging and puking. Shes so weak and tired. She only had tonsilitis 2 weeks ago.
    Gp sending another letter to ent. She will be 3 next month. They wont do tonsils until their 3 so hoping we will be sorted shortly after that.

Oh Succee :( she's really going through a tough time at the moment.

Cyning nothing like poor S. I really duno how u cope. Least A is older and more able to deal with it.
    GP trying me now on different anti inflammotiers and sending yet another letter to rhuematology.
    Also sending me to a physio as my hand is so stiff and sore and movement and usage is gettinf badly affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Suucee wrote: »
    Cyning nothing like poor S. I really duno how u cope. Least A is older and more able to deal with it.
    GP trying me now on different anti inflammotiers and sending yet another letter to rhuematology.
    Also sending me to a physio as my hand is so stiff and sore and movement and usage is gettinf badly affected.

You poor thing :-(

due to an illness I couldn't use my elbows, wrist or other joints for a while after my toodler was born. Physio was great and icing it regularly. I really hope things turn around for everyone.

Suucee wrote: »
    Brought toddler to gp . Still unwell but doesnt seem to be vomitting bug.
    Has tonsilitis and throat that sore she gagging and puking. Shes so weak and tired. She only had tonsilitis 2 weeks ago.
    Gp sending another letter to ent. She will be 3 next month. They wont do tonsils until their 3 so hoping we will be sorted shortly after that.

Suucee there's so much feckin sickness going around at the moment it's horrible! Hope she's feeling better soon. I'm sick of all this constant sickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Baby now has vomiting bug, ear infection and throat infection all at the same time :( happy easter to us

And we have chicken pox... Or at least the toddler does :( so I'm sure S isn't far behind: anyone know how to soothe the itch on her scalp? She's in great form and only about ten spots so hopefully a mild dose

And we have chicken pox... Or at least the toddler does :( so I'm sure S isn't far behind: anyone know how to soothe the itch on her scalp? She's in great form and only about ten spots so hopefully a mild dose

Haven't had that yet. Almost wish it'd come and be done with it. Just got sent home from crèche as I told them he vomited all over his cot this morn. Another day off work :(

• Advertisement

Ah crap YH :( I find this constant sickness so frustrating. Hope he's ok... Are work understanding?

Advertisement